Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:10:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens in next few months with bitcoin vs litecoin  (Read 664 times)
bitdig (OP)

Activity: 208
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 09:59:17 AM

These are just my thoughts.
As far as in next few months ASIC's hit the market it is the question of time, probably few months, for difficulty of btc to go high enough, so all non-asic miners will stop mining, the only alternative, as I see it,  the litecoin (is the only another promising alt coin)  which will allow them to continue mining.
Current ratio litecoins to bitcoin is about 1:44
So, what we might see next, litecoin market will start getting new miners who is switching from btc with their GPU boards... which is good for litecoin, more people, more trading the litecoin price might go up in first, that means that all these people could buy btc simply by trading their ltc for btc, this is what I think will happen in the beginning, ltc will rise, on other hand btc market will have less traders, which could push down btc even more and make ltc/btc ratio even more smaller, but after that, as far as of now most people and investors(venture capital etc) believe that only bitcoin is the only real internet currency, all those thousand of new ltc miners that join ltc after dumping btc, will start to trade their ltc to btc, which will push btc high, taking in account that suddenly there will be a lot of people trading their ltc for btc, btc price will rise much higher then current level...

Any ideas guys? Am i missing something?

Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:53:09 AM

I think with gpu miners switching to litecoin when asics become mainstream, you would see these miners ''dumping'' litecoin for bitcoin, and bringing the litecoin/bitcoin price 'down'! (until they realise how much faster and more commercial litecoin is, compared to bitcoin) Although bitcoin in my eyes will prevail as a secure store of value, I don't see it as a currency you would buy your bread and milk with at your local store in the future. Get ready for dirt cheap litecoins people!  Grin
jeannie

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:47:35 PM

Bitcoin will win hands down.  Litecoin is just an altcoin, but slightly better in terms of implementation

HenryAvery

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:09:02 PM

Two technologies enter, one technology leaves.

You can't sell Betamax forever.
maxec

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:55:12 PM

There are a lot of ASIC miners running already for Bitcoin. Nevertheless for a GPU miner currently Bitcoin is more profitable than Litecoin (at least for my 7970). And LTC is continuously loosing value against BTC for 4 weeks now.
aerin00

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:14:58 PM

Two technologies enter, one technology leaves.

You can't sell Betamax forever.

WHAT ABOUT HD-DVD?!
Balta

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:37:04 PM

I think with gpu miners switching to litecoin when asics become mainstream, you would see these miners ''dumping'' litecoin for bitcoin, and bringing the litecoin/bitcoin price 'down'! (until they realise how much faster and more commercial litecoin is, compared to bitcoin) Although bitcoin in my eyes will prevail as a secure store of value, I don't see it as a currency you would buy your bread and milk with at your local store in the future. Get ready for dirt cheap litecoins people!  Grin

I couldn't agree more. All those bodements of LTC skyrocketing just because LTC will be added on gox is just wishful thinking. Why would they need gox? On sites like btc-e you can exchance LTC for USD and the price is not rising at all.

On the other hand: some alt currency needs to get big in order to keep mining profitable. But I doubt it'll be LTC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: