Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 People arrested for Bitcoin Trading  (Read 3062 times)
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:24:30 AM

I am sad for that people..everyone must obey the laws but Bitcoin should not be illegal.
And however it's due crypto is still feared by the governments, and maybe not yet a time it's still that cryptos is really considered more directed to the positively things and responded well by the entire governments.
Let the time to answer, hopefully as time goes on bitcoin indeed can be responded well and arranged as possible by the entire governments.. if bitcoin can survive in a very long time and really directed to the currency which's useful, as an alternative currency that's not at all to harm the countries and its citizens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:00:22 PM

As long as it is banned in a country, we cannot do much about it.
Though it's not fair for users to be jailed without being involve in cases such as laundering and fraud. But if at some point they are, they should really be jailed.

The thing is, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are NOT the problem. Instead it's the illegal activities that uses bitcoins that should be stopped. Virtual currencies are just currencies, commodities and the fact that it is created for our own good and not for increasing the rate of crime.
I just hope the government see it that way too.
btrice7

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:25:30 AM

I do not think they're being arrested for trading.there is probably something wrong with it.no need to be afraid..
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:36:04 AM

I do not think they're being arrested for trading.there is probably something wrong with it.no need to be afraid..
Almost all countries do not have clear legislation on the use of cryptocurrency. Law enforcement agencies are corrupt. Therefore, they arrest users for fictitious reasons. Then they extort bribes and release users. This situation will last forever. We do not require the government to address this issue. We are indirectly responsible for this situation.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:08:41 PM

Almost all countries do not have clear legislation on the use of cryptocurrency. Law enforcement agencies are corrupt. Therefore, they arrest users for fictitious reasons. Then they extort bribes and release users. This situation will last forever. We do not require the government to address this issue. We are indirectly responsible for this situation.
Even here in our country  a lot of scammers are now on the watch list and were banned here in our country, I am just hoping that they will get arrested so that they can pay for the consequence for what they did to people who trust them, that is why it is so important that you have any idea or knowledge with what you are entering at.

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:35:14 PM

My government also do the same because bitcoin still not legalize yet so for who using bitcoin as main transaction especially public store, it's forbidden.
Meanwhile, I can still trading without being being fear against the law because it's just same as stock trading as I'm trade in local platform

Smiley
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:16:04 PM

We do not require the government to address this issue. We are indirectly responsible for this situation.
How are we supposed to force anything from the governments on our own? It's not that they care about people's wellbeing, so you on your own don't stand a chance against the higher authority.

The only way to force something through when it comes to the government, is that the mass stands up for its rights. If no one is doing anything and just accepts its faith, then nothing will ever change, which is a sad thing.

People as in the mass have so much potential overthrow the higher authority, but they lack the equal minded spirit to do something, which will likely never change. People will continue to be sheeps for ever.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:28:02 PM

We do not require the government to address this issue. We are indirectly responsible for this situation.
How are we supposed to force anything from the governments on our own? It's not that they care about people's wellbeing, so you on your own don't stand a chance against the higher authority.

The only way to force something through when it comes to the government, is that the mass stands up for its rights. If no one is doing anything and just accepts its faith, then nothing will ever change, which is a sad thing.

People as in the mass have so much potential overthrow the higher authority, but they lack the equal minded spirit to do something, which will likely never change. People will continue to be sheeps for ever.
Well, some countries wanted to prove to their sovereignty that they do have the power and we should be afraid of them, of course they don't care because they are not affected by cryptocurrency since they are already rich people so they don't want other people go beyond after them.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:14:24 AM

The use and transactions of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Nepal is not allowed or illegal according to their own central bank. This is a reason why the Nepal authorities arrested some people who trades bitcoin. Nepal might also seek to impose a strict regulations on cryptocurrencies before allowing their citizens  to buy or trade bitcoin. Many countries in Asia are also planning to create a law that could effectively regulates and tax cryptocurrencies in their area.
Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:25:31 AM

They were doing more than just trading, they were running an exchange.  Running an unlicensed exchange is risky business in any country.  

But I find this sentence from the OP article to be most interesting:

"He further said that if found guilty the suspects will be punished under the prevalent laws of Rastra Bank."

Are finacial laws in Nepal set by the bankers?

The fraud, which lasted from 2015, resulted in 3,900 investors losing $ 38 million. Victims are tricked into investing in Bitcoin investments, which promise bigger profits.
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:32:52 AM

They were doing more than just trading, they were running an exchange.  Running an unlicensed exchange is risky business in any country.  

But I find this sentence from the OP article to be most interesting:

"He further said that if found guilty the suspects will be punished under the prevalent laws of Rastra Bank."

Are finacial laws in Nepal set by the bankers?

The fraud, which lasted from 2015, resulted in 3,900 investors losing $ 38 million. Victims are tricked into investing in Bitcoin investments, which promise bigger profits.

Is this true? To be honest I'm not aware of that news. So maybe that's where the government of Nepal is coming back. Bitcoin started in the wrong foot in that country that's why they put the hammer ban.

But then its not bitcoin fault. People should really do a research before investing. They shouldn't listen to those scammers. I guess they are too greedy because for sure they been promised of a big return. And when someones emotions takes over like you greedy your decision will be clouded and the next thing you know, you are already putting a huge amount.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:42:29 AM

Just for trading! I don't think so because most of the countries are involving in Bitcoin trading and some countries have legalized and some countries are giving warning, but simply trading is not their major problem maybe they did some other thing by cheating people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: