Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:17:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying 0.03 BTC for Python FIX API client GDAX  (Read 511 times)
Serpens66 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:03:06 PM

Hi Smiley

Please write a script to use the following FIX API endpoint: https://docs.gdax.com/#fix-api
Compatible to python 3.4.2 version!
I'm paying you 0.03 BTC , but at least 100€ and at max 150€ (in case BTC price changes)

I don't like module style with several scripts and an init script (no install of of module, just import from same folder) So I just want 1 single script, that I can import.
If REST API calls are needed (don't know if so), please use the requests modul. The script should fully handle the FIX connection. I would like to have one function for each method described in API documentation.
You do not have to write a FIX script, I think you can use "PyFIX" module for that: https://github.com/wannabegeek/PyFIX
Don't forget SSL-Tunnels, I don't know if this is included in PyFIX? Please add error handling for all FIX related errors (eg. connection aborted/reconnect).
You dont have to analyze the response from GDAX. I will myself see what it includes and handle it according my needs.

Please also include a small "how to use".
I'm familiar with REST and websocket API, but have no clue what FIX API is and how it works. Since you can use the PyFIX module, I think a small budget is enough.

In case you already know an open source project that is already for GDAX FIX and compatible to python 3.4.2 please tell me. I will pay 0.005 BTC in this case.

If you need to test private calls, you need yourself an account at GDAX and create API Key, since I can not give you my API key to test. Even with sandbox API keys you can see my account details and of course I don't want that Cheesy Or you can present me your solution and I will test private connection.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:39:02 PM

It doesn't support FIX API currently

"FIX API Client Looking for assistance"
jal007

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:50:45 AM

Hi Smiley

Please write a script to use the following FIX API endpoint: https://docs.gdax.com/#fix-api
Compatible to python 3.4.2 version!
I'm paying you 0.03 BTC , but at least 100€ and at max 150€ (in case BTC price changes)

I don't like module style with several scripts and an init script (no install of of module, just import from same folder) So I just want 1 single script, that I can import.
If REST API calls are needed (don't know if so), please use the requests modul. The script should fully handle the FIX connection. I would like to have one function for each method described in API documentation.
You do not have to write a FIX script, I think you can use "PyFIX" module for that: https://github.com/wannabegeek/PyFIX
Don't forget SSL-Tunnels, I don't know if this is included in PyFIX? Please add error handling for all FIX related errors (eg. connection aborted/reconnect).
You dont have to analyze the response from GDAX. I will myself see what it includes and handle it according my needs.

Please also include a small "how to use".
I'm familiar with REST and websocket API, but have no clue what FIX API is and how it works. Since you can use the PyFIX module, I think a small budget is enough.

In case you already know an open source project that is already for GDAX FIX and compatible to python 3.4.2 please tell me. I will pay 0.005 BTC in this case.

If you need to test private calls, you need yourself an account at GDAX and create API Key, since I can not give you my API key to test. Even with sandbox API keys you can see my account details and of course I don't want that Cheesy Or you can present me your solution and I will test private connection.

Hey

I can do it pm me if you still looking for someone to do this, i can delever in one day
jaypers94

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:29:56 PM

Hi there,

Was a solution for this ever reached? I can't get the logon message to work, I'm sending this from Python 3.5:

b'8=FIX.4.2\x019=170\x0135=A\x0134=1\x0152=20171105-14:04:23.536\x0149=f3e85389ffb809650c367d42b37e0a80\x0156=Coinbase\x0198=0\x01108=30\x01554=password\x0195=44\x0196=g2xSF8vPFYVuP4cpiVgM+E+B1cvzwoSFhzbUQFC6FQ4=\x018013=Y\x0110=238\x01'

(The password bit is my actual password in reality). Can anyone advise on what to do to make it work? Willing to pay for help getting it to work.

JP
fr0g

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:50:39 PM

I'm also looking to collaborate on this project and I have some funds to throw around.

I am using PyFIX and I have full connectivity up to the login phase.  No matter what I do I'm unable to get a successful login.  Here is the code i'm currently using to generating my login message.  Everything looks good on the wire.

Code:
    def logon():
        timestamp = datetime.utcnow().strftime("%Y%m%d-%H:%M:%S.%f")[:-3]
        # pseudo code for message because the blog won't let me paste the actual char command, replace chr1 with chr function and send it a 1
        message = timestamp + chr1 + 'A' + chr1 + '1' + chr1 + 'api_key' + chr1 + 'Coinbase' + chr1 + 'passphrase'
        hmac_key = base64.b64decode('api_secret_key')
        signature = hmac.new(hmac_key, message, hashlib.sha256)
        signature_b64 = signature.digest().encode('base64').rstrip('\n')
        msg = FIXMessage(msgtype.LOGON)
        msg.setField(fixtags.Password, 'passphrase')
        msg.setField(fixtags.RawData, signature_b64)
        msg.setField(fixtags.EncryptMethod, 0)
        msg.setField(fixtags.HeartBtInt, 30)

The message I'm getting back from the server is saying that there's something wrong with the signature and the specific failure id is MsgType=3, SessionRejectReason=5 which translates to "Value is incorrect (out of range) for this tag".

Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: