Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:54:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I sell my XRP's?  (Read 701 times)
SNAZ31 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:36:03 AM

So I tried looking for a guide and to be honest it was over my head... It mentioned I have to open a gateway to bitstamp (a service I have never used) and then I got lost, lol...

So how do I get rid of these things? What are they even worth? I looked on the bitcoin charts and saw 6300/btc. Is that right? So I have 3000, that means they are worth nearly half a BTC? Is that for real?

I can't believe they are worth that much considering it was a 100% premine lol...

But hey if someone wants to give me that for them then I will happily accept! lmao...

I normally use vircurex to trade on (the small trading I do), can I use that as my "gateway"? To be honest the entire ripple concept seems very complicated and I don't fully understand it. I know they want to lick government boots and that is about it...

So who wants my coins? Or can someone instruct me how I can get rid via an exchange?

Much appreciated, thanks Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:32:14 PM

So no-one wants my scamcoins? Lol

I guess xrp's are worth precisely 0 then...
DanielBTC

Activity: 788
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 12:38:59 PM

Try selling it in BitStamp:

You can find a step by step in google.

The Chart is:
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/rippleXRP#rg1ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

PS: Bitstamp gateway seems to be DOWN!

[Daniel BTC] - 9 AB (after bitcoin)
http://www.usandobitcoin.com.br - Bitcoin para Iniciantes
OTC: DanielBTC Bitrated user: DanielBTC.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:40:55 PM

I think there are two bitstamp and weexchange, these two can be used as gateways for your XRPs and exchange
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:47:37 PM

Hmmm that sucks a bit... So I sign up with bitstamp or the other one then add that as my gateway and then I can sell the xrp's? Then I guess I can withdraw the BTC to my preferred exchange from there? Or does the BTC stay within ripple?

Say I add bitstamp then sell do the BTC's stay within ripple or do they show on bitstamp?

Thanks for the replies anyway guys.
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:49:00 PM

The Chart is:

Does the gateway go down a lot then? What would cause that exactly?
DanielBTC

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 01:12:07 PM

The Chart is:

That is my guess. The chart stopped a few hours ago and there is no volume (buy/sell).
is the first time I see it.

SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:16:55 PM

The Chart is:

That is my guess. The chart stopped a few hours ago and there is no volume (buy/sell).

They must of known I was coming! lol... I did notice there were no trades for a good few hours but of course having never used it that could of been normal... Okay well for now I have signed up with bitstamp and I will try to add it on ripple and see what happens.

Maybe as it is down it might not let me, we will see.

Thanks again...

Btw what is causing the high price for xrp? How do they have any value at all? Considering they are just being given away and such. And they are 100% premined... Got any theories on that?
DanielBTC

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 01:29:05 PM

They must of known I was coming! lol... I did notice there were no trades for a good few hours but of course having never used it that could of been normal... Okay well for now I have signed up with bitstamp and I will try to add it on ripple and see what happens.

Thanks again...

Btw what is causing the high price for xrp? How do they have any value at all? Considering they are just being given away and such. And they are 100% premined... Got any theories on that?

I have no Idea why the prices are too high. I think its pure speculation and false scarcity. Because there are 100bi XRP available and, at this price you could by all the Bitcoins available and all the Litecoins and so on..

SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:42:49 PM

Thanks again...

I have no Idea why the prices are too high. I think its pure speculation and false scarcity. Because there are 100bi XRP available and, at this price you could by all the Bitcoins available and all the Litecoins and so on..

That is pretty crazy! Though I suspect if the creators did try that the price would soon plummet! lol... I think it is a scam personally, they even lie and say that it is not regulated but if you go on the forum they are all for regulation! lol
syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:00:40 PM

you can find buyer in market section of bitcointalk

SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:08:42 PM

Cheers dude, someone actually offered me 0.5 BTC through pm... I just don't get why people value them so high... Why don't we all just create our own coins and give a few out to get the ball rolling? lmao... Things are getting crazy in the crypto world. When I first learned of BTC I could see the value and the idea (mimicking gold digging)... But now it is just getting silly!

Gonna start a snazzycoin! You wanna buy some? lmao
syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:10:04 PM

Cheers dude, someone actually offered me 0.5 BTC through pm... I just don't get why people value them so high... Why don't we all just create our own coins and give a few out to get the ball rolling? lmao... Things are getting crazy in the crypto world. When I first learned of BTC I could see the value and the idea (mimicking gold digging)... But now it is just getting silly!

idone with the altcoin after WDC, too much shit for me.
I said samething in trollbox, everyone donate 1 BTC and we can make our own ripple company. we got fund hahahah

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:11:46 PM

ive seen this: still working? how long untill btc transfer go through?  I sold a few ripples to try.
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:38:37 PM

idone with the altcoin after WDC, too much shit for me.
I said samething in trollbox, everyone donate 1 BTC and we can make our own ripple company. we got fund hahahah

Yeah I have been a little burned with altcoins too, it really isn't goos when there is a new one everyday either...

I do think though that is where the money is (starting a coin)... There will always be people that will buy apparently... The cryptoworld has changed so much in such a short space of time... I wish it was like it was a couple years ago...

Now it is regulation this and regulation that... Bitcoin was supposed to bypass all that crap but aparently it can't, gov will get their dirty little fingers in some how! lol
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:39:11 PM

ive seen this: still working? how long untill btc transfer go through?  I sold a few ripples to try.

Did you sell them through the ripple network? How did it go?
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:59:35 PM

I did this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209338.0

After some minutes  I got on bitstamp the exact same ammount of btc I bought with my ripples.

I must be tired. I could swear I have put that on my previous post.
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:15:44 PM

After some minutes  I got on bitstamp the exact same ammount of btc I bought with my ripples.

Ahhh okay thanks, I hadn't seen that guide yet, I will check it out... Although in that guide it gives the ripple gateway address, is that the same address for everyone then? How does that work?

Thanks for your input though, good on you...

You may now go to bed! Smiley lol (I was up till 4am last night in the cryptoworld, addictive, ain't it! lol)
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:23:15 PM

ive seen this: still working? how long untill btc transfer go through?  I sold a few ripples to try.

After some minutes  I got on bitstamp the exact same ammount of btc I bought with my ripples.

Ahhh okay thanks, I hadn't seen that guide yet, I will check it out... Although in that guide it gives the ripple gateway address, is that the same address for everyone then? How does that work?

Thanks for your input though, good on you...

You may now go to bed! Smiley lol (I was up till 4am last night in the cryptoworld, addictive, ain't it! lol)

That is bitstamp gateway. Should be the same for everyone, and I must say that I had no trouble with my transaction. But what do I know?
I used ripple three times: check when I got some in the giveaway, to test the network I sent 2000k to two of my friends, and today, three days after I saw that thread to avoid middle man, I transacted some more for BTC.

Im withdrawing my btc to my wallet right now Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: