Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 01:02:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how much virwox fees when converting from paypal to btc ?  (Read 268 times)
Archibal (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:38:42 PM

how much virwox fees when converting from paypal to btc
someone told me they charge around 30% is that true ?
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 7106

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 01:39:54 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 01:50:45 AM by TryNinja

After a quick google search, I found this[1] thread with the exactly same title and first line as yours.
And one of the replies says: "Some say as high as 30% [...]"

So, why did you create this thread if the question already got answered?

Anyway, it may go up to 30%, but it may also vary. I did an exchange some time ago to test and I paid something close to 15% in fees.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777151.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:05:48 AM

It can be up to 30%, since their withdrawal fees are quite high.

There's actually a calculator that calculates everything for you and gives you a rate that you're actually going to get. The link can be found here, however don't expect it to be 100% accurate since orderbook depth can vary over time.

On average, i'd say around a 15-20% haircut on your paypal deposit compared to the spot price if you were buying with Virwox.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:04:02 AM

The total transaction fees in both deposit and withdrawal + trading fee + paypal deposit fee + spread should give you around 80% of market price for your paypal funds. So not exactly a great deal, but this is probably one of the best rates you can get if you have paypal funds and you can't verify yourself for some reason.

If you can verify yourself, use coinbase.

Their rates are much better and you get around 95% of market rate.

Smiley
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:56:55 AM

Rates and conversion margins will always be bad in a bitcoin/paypal transaction because of the inherent risks involved. Some people turn a blind eye to those risks or live in denial. The bitter truth and ice-cold reality one needs to learn to face and accept is the risk of reversibility of PayPal payments and the higher incidence of and potential for fraud when you marry bitcoin with PayPal.

Yes, PayPal is convenient. Yes, not all PayPal users are scammers. These however do not negate the dangers and risks which are difficult to ignore, even when dealing with honest PayPal users. It’s not just the PayPal user but PayPal itself which shamelessly allows payments to be reversed and disputed up to 180 days.

SCCFX

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:26:14 AM

virwox not recomended because high fee
you can use exchange service in curency exchange section in bitcointalk rate is competitive, another you can use localbitcoins or equal service
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:06:17 AM

You'd have to a lot into account. It's not just one simple percentage figure that you're guaranteed to get when you purchase bitcoins using paypal funds, CC funds or even Skrill funds via Virwox. Everything is dynamic according to the amount you buy.

On average, perhaps 15-25%? Even more if your transaction is less than 0.01 BTC.

There's paypal deposit fees and bitcoin withdrawal fees that don't change much, even if the volume of coin involved in very little.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: