Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:15:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the “new bitcoin” make mining original btc easier?  (Read 221 times)
andytranter (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Am i a millionaire yet?

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:42:54 PM

I figure if a large chunk of the mining community move to the new community, all of a sudden the mining difficulty and hash size of the original bitcoin will drop?

Could this be a great thing for pure btc miners?

Made you look!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:39:28 PM

It is definitely possible. It probably will happen if the existing miners split their mining power among the different currencies we should see a split in hashrate. Though new currencies will probably attract been miners or existing miners will buy more mining machines to mine more then one currency at a time.

White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:45:25 PM

The last fork didn't changed changed the difficulty for Bitcoin core too much, I don't think the next fork will.

There are several alts with different difficulties, I don't know what will be different with the next fork
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:59:06 PM

The last fork didn't changed changed the difficulty for Bitcoin core too much, I don't think the next fork will.

There are several alts with different difficulties, I don't know what will be different with the next fork

I agree with this. I have a feeling that bitcoin gold will go pretty similar to bitcoin cash. Investors of bitcoin will end up dumping the btc gold in order to get more bitcoin with their holdings. Chances are that this will raise price and introduce more investors into the whole bitcoin scene as well.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:31:05 AM

I agree with this. I have a feeling that bitcoin gold will go pretty similar to bitcoin cash. Investors of bitcoin will end up dumping the btc gold in order to get more bitcoin with their holdings. Chances are that this will raise price and introduce more investors into the whole bitcoin scene as well.

I don't think that this "new bitcoin" will make the mining easier. As mentioned, the last split didn't have that much impact in the bitcoin mining. And those who have choose to mine BCH earlier moved back to bitcoin mining because there's not much incentive to gain. It will be the same with Bitcoin Gold, those that will support this in the beginning have no choose but to go back to bitcoin mining because it will not gain any traction to the community, which means no profit for them. So I doubt that the difficulties in bitcoin mining will be affected by the next hard fork.
BCMB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 01:10:35 AM

I figure if a large chunk of the mining community move to the new community, all of a sudden the mining difficulty and hash size of the original bitcoin will drop?

Could this be a great thing for pure btc miners?
Ultimately most miners are going to go where the money is. If there are not enough people mining, I suspect the price would drop, or otherwise there will be an influx of miners. If there is a large profit to be had you better believe people will be switching their hashing power.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 01:57:42 AM

It is definitely possible. It probably will happen if the existing miners split their mining power among the different currencies we should see a split in hashrate. Though new currencies will probably attract been miners or existing miners will buy more mining machines to mine more then one currency at a time.

It is?

Did we see a split in the hashtrate when Bitcoin Cash came on the scene? I don't remember hearing about it.

Would it also become easier to mine if the transaction activity is split between (soon to be) three currencies?
wolfracer

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:05:07 AM

You Remember that btc mining is made with special machines and btc gold; It's my understanding that it will be made with video cards, so I do not think there is much difference.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: