Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:25:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think bitcoin will live to see the next 10 years with all these new hard forks?
Yes
No
Not Sure

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin won't live to see the next 10 years  (Read 2899 times)
01asd

Activity: 238
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:46:33 PM

Voted: yes
The last hardfork happened and people were like this is it for bitcoin, and what did bitcoin do? it went up in price. Moral of the story is: Bitcoin doesn't care

But what will happen before the 10 years ? Do you think the price will go high ? Or the the price will go down before the Bitcoin disappear ? I want to see Bitcoin in the next 10 years. But there is not much we can do if this will happen. I decided to invest half of my money each month, do you think it's wise ? Because I don't know if the price will go down or not.

If Bitcoin will go down in the next 10 years ? Then I invest to Bitcoin today, what will happen in the next 5 years ? Do you think we still get profit ?
FJNuñez

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

🌟ATLANT ICO: 7/09/17🌟

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:54:36 PM

This may very well be true. How many big companies have come and gone in history. Bitcoin is not exception. If something better comes along, it will naturally overtake BTC.

darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:31:33 PM

I'm pretty sure there must be valid reason as why the bitcoin is not being shifted to gpu mining. This could be related to hashing power of the gpu and the block length of the transaction which is needed to be solved. The correlation could save such that gpu might not be capable of doing that load. That's why they are updating the ASIC miner instead, so that it could get easier to transact for us. But with the upgraded hardware comes the cost which is also incurred on us in the form of fees. So this is kind of descriptive why they wouldn't just upgrade the bitcoin to mine more easily and free of charges. It's all about money I believe.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:59:31 PM

i voted !!yes!
i think bitcoin era just started and long way to go.

ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:00:07 PM

Not a single coin can beat bitcoin, because he is the first one and the uniqueness of bitcoin is not in other coin coins. Trust me bitcoin will continue to be known to many people, just like the first time the internet was found.

Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:05:51 PM

Bitcoin will be live even after the century but it may come up with lots of regulation in different countries may it would be illegal in some country because in mean time each country will be having own crypto currency.
kafeelniazi

Activity: 280

Organic PR on Tier 1 media

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:30:05 PM

This may very well be true. How many big companies have come and gone in history. Bitcoin is not exception. If something better comes along, it will naturally overtake BTC.
what kind of better thing you expect? bitcoin took lot of time to make this reputation, the reason behind this reputation is because at that time bitcoin don't have any competitors so that is why bitcoin gain the interest of people. so if any kind of "better" thing emerges they have to face the hard competition against bitcoin and offcourse bitcoin will win.

"Unlock Your Project's True Potential with Leading Media Exposure: Get Featured on Forbes, Coin Telegraph, USA WEEKLY & more – Gain Global Recognition and Skyrocket Your Success!"
kingjofri

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:36:12 PM

Sorry, but i beg to disagree. I recon, people are trying to improve our means of living whether it is simple task to how complex it is. Even to the extent of how they are revolutionizing the food that we eat. And one step of how to improve our means of living is thru digital currency.  One good example of it is in Swiss where one city is implementing it. If people learn to embrace and take this on seriously i think this can be the future of the world currency.
beatleap

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:38:39 PM

Voted: yes

The last hardfork happened and people were like this is it for bitcoin, and what did bitcoin do? it went up in price.

Moral of the story is: Bitcoin doesn't care

That's some bad thinking there and i hope you didnt invest because it survived the last fork each fork is different and does different things this time it could well go in a downwards motion
vittorio301

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:12:00 PM

hard forks will be temporary set back for BTC but after a while it will come out strong and all those forks will have a 0 value after traders have dumped it to the depths of hell.
arnux

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:15:23 PM

I love it when people make these sort of predictions. If it becomes true they become famous from it and hailed as some sort of magic user but if it fails to become true people forget about it and the user doesn't have any negative effects from it.

You might be right but I think bitcoin will be at its height of its career in 10 years time
Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:27:29 PM

I think bitcoin is not that you can't kill. Just because the system is already too widespread and strong. A different rigid forks only add interest to bitcoin because people are trying to purchase btc for get more coins after the fork.

mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:29:07 PM

I voted yes. I'm sure that BTC can survive that 10 yrs with flying colors. And the changes you want? I am no genius but it's like altering the BTC. And using GPU mining is like going backwards. Still not convincing for me.

The US economy is $20 trillion in debt. The EU was 12 trillion euros in debt at last count before the EU debt clock website (http://www.eudebtclock.org) was censored & taken offline & search engine results were scrubbed to make it difficult to find info on what current EU outstanding debt is.

People often question whether bitcoin/crypto will survive and have longevity moving into the future.

I'm not certain anyone realizes how close american and european fiat may be to imminent collapse.

But if you just print more money you can pay off your debtors faster! Oh wait, except they print theirs even faster so you're screwed either way.

Bitcoins are constantly adapting, changing and upgrading. Will it always be number one? Maybe not. Something better will come out at some point. I don't think in the next 10 years bitcoins will be obsolete or worthless though.

If they will print a lot of money, its value will decrease. It wouldn't be enough to pay their debts and their economy will suffer big time.

lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:52:32 PM

Quick Disclaimer:
1. I'm not here to support any shitcoin.
2. We're all gathered here because of bitcoin, so it's hard for me to see it fading way.

Bitcoin was designed not be fully anonymous since transactions were open permanently for the public to view.
Authorities and security agencies were able to trace the bitcoin owners based metadata and transaction pattern, history and so on.

Some developers understand this issue and they go ahead to create some new altcoins which they are fully anonymous by implementing new hashing algorithms on their very new altcoins such as Dash, Monero, Zcash and Zcoin.

So why the bitcoin "hard fork" instead of updating the original bitcoin core?
Forked coins like BitcoinCash & BitcoinGold are moving from ASICs to GPU mining for faster transactions, why not BTC?
Why not update bitcoin mining algorithm to Equihash (zk-snarks) like Zcash and the next upcoming Bitcoin Gold BTG? 

Instead of updating the original bitcoin core to have more secure and fast transactions with lower xt fee, yet making hard forks!
I think hard forks will soon kill the original bitcoin.

What do you think, huh? Share with us what you think. thanks Smiley
I think hard forks aren't going to kill bitcoin, they're just bump on the road. if bitcoin core code was alerted/changed to mine with GPU, then what'll happen to current asic miner and machine producer? won't they lose money/jobs, they've been supporting/mining bitcoin for years. it wouldn't be fair for them!
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:05:36 AM

Quick Disclaimer:
1. I'm not here to support any shitcoin.
2. We're all gathered here because of bitcoin, so it's hard for me to see it fading way.

Bitcoin was designed not be fully anonymous since transactions were open permanently for the public to view.
Authorities and security agencies were able to trace the bitcoin owners based metadata and transaction pattern, history and so on.

Some developers understand this issue and they go ahead to create some new altcoins which they are fully anonymous by implementing new hashing algorithms on their very new altcoins such as Dash, Monero, Zcash and Zcoin.

So why the bitcoin "hard fork" instead of updating the original bitcoin core?
Forked coins like BitcoinCash & BitcoinGold are moving from ASICs to GPU mining for faster transactions, why not BTC?
Why not update bitcoin mining algorithm to Equihash (zk-snarks) like Zcash and the next upcoming Bitcoin Gold BTG?

Instead of updating the original bitcoin core to have more secure and fast transactions with lower xt fee, yet making hard forks!
I think hard forks will soon kill the original bitcoin.

What do you think, huh? Share with us what you think. thanks Smiley
What's the point of updating bitcoin core? It was already told to everyone that there will only be 21M bitcoins available all in all. After that, no remaining bitcoin will be available for mining. I don't see anything bad about these forks. It's business, and these big people will make a way to maintain the circulation of coins in the market. I also see bitcoin still alive in the next 10 years.
germa66

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:22:24 PM

I think if people's interest in bitcoin continues to increase then it does not matter with the coming of some hard fork though. because bitcoin will continue to survive when it has many fans.

slackcryptoz

Activity: 456

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:27:09 PM

I'm not sure based on what fact it's termed that bitcoin won't live to see the next 10 years. Looking the ongoing growth as well support from different countries and corporates bitcoin will continue its usage for a longer time period. Even after the last coin gets mined the circulation will make it grow further and reach the entire population.
billysunday2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:28:21 PM

Bitcoin is too expensive compared to other crypto coins. Plus the transaction fees are too expensive as well.  The energy costs involved with the bitcoin mining is way more than it should be.  I think Bitcoin will be around in 10 years but it will NOT have 50% of the market cap.
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 07:53:55 PM

I choose: yes. bitcoin provides many offers about the ease of transacting. the technology is also very good. more and more people are using bitcoin. that's why bitcoin will still exist in 10 years, so do I think.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
salihno71

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:12:28 PM

I voted yes. For most of the people, anonymity is not of the essential. Main concerns and biggest issues bitcoin should solve are:
- scalability: number of transactions per second is still low
- fees: expensive for low amount transactions. Those two topics will be probably addressed in the near future with some layer2 solution.
- forks: as much as forks are unavoidable, they can confuse and deter potential users and investors. If they remain as frequent as this year, this might be a problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: