Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:33:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think bitcoin will live to see the next 10 years with all these new hard forks?
Yes
No
Not Sure

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin won't live to see the next 10 years  (Read 2900 times)
woqu5

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:41:45 AM

I think that bitcoin can survive longer, and even after several decades it can become a global payment tool. I believe that the development of digital currency in the digital era will not be bad.
izzabel

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:58:34 AM

Quick Disclaimer:
1. I'm not here to support any shitcoin.
2. We're all gathered here because of bitcoin, so it's hard for me to see it fading way.

Bitcoin was designed not be fully anonymous since transactions were open permanently for the public to view.
Authorities and security agencies were able to trace the bitcoin owners based metadata and transaction pattern, history and so on.

Some developers understand this issue and they go ahead to create some new altcoins which they are fully anonymous by implementing new hashing algorithms on their very new altcoins such as Dash, Monero, Zcash and Zcoin.

So why the bitcoin "hard fork" instead of updating the original bitcoin core?
Forked coins like BitcoinCash & BitcoinGold are moving from ASICs to GPU mining for faster transactions, why not BTC?
Why not update bitcoin mining algorithm to Equihash (zk-snarks) like Zcash and the next upcoming Bitcoin Gold BTG? 

Instead of updating the original bitcoin core to have more secure and fast transactions with lower xt fee, yet making hard forks!
I think hard forks will soon kill the original bitcoin.

What do you think, huh? Share with us what you think. thanks Smiley
Hopefully will leave forever so that many people will help bitcoin to,to become wealthy and millionaires
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:19:14 AM

It is not necessary to update the core of bitcoin itself, because this changes the vision of Satoshi Nakamoto to bitcoin. And this is a huge problem for improving bitcoin. Therefore, there are many forks. If the crypto currency will develop and bitcoin only changes cosmetically, it is unlikely that it will survive until the next ten years. We see what caused the delay in eliminating its shortcomings with scalability. When the solution to this issue dragged on, he just began to lose popularity, people began to switch to the use of other types of crypto currency.

altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:50:45 AM

That's your opinion and you're entitled to express it too. But as far as bitcoin's market capitalization is concerned, it's clearly evident that bitcoin's popularity and the demand of people is overwhelming which shows that its existence will lasts even more than a century.

maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:09:12 AM

I personally think that bitcoin will live for the next 10 years. Even though the price of the bitcoin decreased, soon it will gain back its value. Just hold on. Bitcoin is also becoming popular in the market now. So that's a good sign that it will still thrive for the nest 10 years.

we are almost 10 years with bitcoin and I am sure that bitcoin will live for the next 10 years again and even will stay with us for a long time. I think many people will come to bitcoin because bitcoin offers something new and good for us so I am sure that people will like bitcoin. but bitcoin still need support from us to stay for a long time and we can see that bitcoin will give more benefits to us. with many people is using bitcoin, it will help bitcoin to continue the journey.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
luckybit1

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:38:03 PM

Were you got sure information!! i quote you wrong over time. Bitcoin are thought in some countries in the world,And i tell you my own unborn children all going to join bitcoin and learn about bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin has a great future.
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:58:04 PM

I think that bitcoin can survive longer, and even after several decades it can become a global payment tool. I believe that the development of digital currency in the digital era will not be bad.
really because no one can predict the old and short of bitcoin age, because the age of bitcoin also depends also on the demand, because more and more demand the longer the bitcoin age in this world

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
niz3r_nade

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:23:41 PM

judging by the growing number of bitcoin enthusiasts, I'm sure bitcoin will stay alive for another 10 years. the more bitcoin demand keeps the value high. and I'm sure over time bitcoin also makes new features to make it easier for people to transact in bitcoin.
Sobol101

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:24:37 PM

Quick Disclaimer:
1. I'm not here to support any shitcoin.
2. We're all gathered here because of bitcoin, so it's hard for me to see it fading way.

Bitcoin was designed not be fully anonymous since transactions were open permanently for the public to view.
Authorities and security agencies were able to trace the bitcoin owners based metadata and transaction pattern, history and so on.

Some developers understand this issue and they go ahead to create some new altcoins which they are fully anonymous by implementing new hashing algorithms on their very new altcoins such as Dash, Monero, Zcash and Zcoin.

So why the bitcoin "hard fork" instead of updating the original bitcoin core?
Forked coins like BitcoinCash & BitcoinGold are moving from ASICs to GPU mining for faster transactions, why not BTC?
Why not update bitcoin mining algorithm to Equihash (zk-snarks) like Zcash and the next upcoming Bitcoin Gold BTG? 

Instead of updating the original bitcoin core to have more secure and fast transactions with lower xt fee, yet making hard forks!
I think hard forks will soon kill the original bitcoin.

What do you think, huh? Share with us what you think. thanks Smiley
This may very well be true. How many big companies have come and gone in history. Bitcoin is not exception. If something better comes along, it will naturally overtake BTC.
pekcoin01

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 05:38:54 PM

Bitcoin will be a part of our life for a long time.
The strongest member of the crypto money is the bitcool. Ten years from now, the crypto stock market will be with us. Maybe the prices will be very high, maybe too low. I'm sure everyone will make money.
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:19:42 AM

I do not believe Bitcoin can not see the next 10 years. I believe Bitcoin can see it for a long time and even see Bitcoin as the world's most expensive coin. Bitcoin prices are increasing day by day, and different countries of the world use it as a payment. People are using transactions, exchange, payment online shopping, etc. So it can be said that this is a long time we can see in the world.
Kethek

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:54:19 AM

bitcoin will stay alive in the next 10 years and forever I see bitcoin will not be stopped and its popularity will increase Grin
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:40:27 AM

It’s impossible to happen that bitcoin wont live to see the next ten years
because as of now they have a great services and performances that can sustain the investors want to gain a high income or profit in their business aside from that they in the demand business.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:02:55 AM

I do not believe that bitcoin is no longer around in the next ten years. It will still be the leading cryptocurrency but in the last five years of the ten years, in my opinion, it will not anymore the king of the cryptocurrency. A new great coin with good technology, faster transaction and low fees, will emerge as the new leading cryptocurrency beating bitcoin at the top being the dominant cryptocurrency.
jitenrajput
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:13:10 AM

As far as I know, forking is done when a few developers want to modify the blockchain but not all of them agree. So, it is forked and as a result, we have altcoins.

Talking about BTC, it may lose number 1 position in next 10 years, but will always remain in top 5. But it is not going to vanish.

I voted Yes.

ENCRYBIT  -  Future of CryptoExchange▐  Private Sale is Live!
● Buy ENCX Tokens ● Get up to 40% Discount
Minus7point5

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:14:58 AM

I voted and 80% of voters agree with me that BTC will still be here in 10 years.
Not only will it still be here, but those who have HODL on that long will be wealthy.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:18:42 AM

I think Bitcoin and altcoin will grow! It is currently a difficult time, but it will be better in the second half of 2018 and into 2019
Development requires appropriate changes! Nothing is invariable
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:24:22 AM

They can fork bitcoin how many times they want. They can make it even faster and better. But they will never can replace bitcoin. Bitcoin is king, and it will stay a long time. And in ten years im sure that there will be no cheap fork coin who can overtake him!
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:26:01 AM

I don't think it will go away any time soon because Bitcoin was the Father of the blockchain, so every other coin and token has given birth to new ideas and innovation because of Bitcoin. What I do see though is Bitcoin losing market dominance and at some point I think many cryptos will un peg themselves from Bitcoin, which in a way I hope does happen so that each coin or token or business is judged on merit and accomplishment and not just on the Bitcoin price. I would not like to see Bitcoin die because of Bitcoin we are all gathered here and participating in this wonderful revolution we call the blockchain.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Jet Kolet

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:32:06 AM

I think Bitcoin and altcoin will grow! It is currently a difficult time, but it will be better in the second half of 2018 and into 2019
Development requires appropriate changes! Nothing is invariable

yes, there is always a change in the market, we just wait for the growth. if the age of bitcoin remaining 10 years ahead. and now I use this opportunity well and keep trying to get more profit. so the benefits that I get I will use to set up a business.

www.bitcoincrowncoin.com |│The new era of online gaming
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  May 15th  ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: