Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:22:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: P2PoolWidget  (Read 1981 times)
ksenter (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:18:20 PM

I just noticed I'm not a newbie anymore, so I figured I'd re-post this here...

Hi All,

I created a new free widget called p2poolwidget on the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kensenter.p2poolwidget

I created it because I used to use a widget to monitor my mining when I was on a different pool and when I switched to p2pool I couldn't find a widget that worked with it.  So I gave up looking and wrote my own.  It is the first app I've put on the play store, so go easy on me if you have problems with it.

It is a 1x1 widget that just shows you some basic stats about your hashrate and such, and allows you to add a notification if your hashrate drops or your DOA percentage goes up too high.  I've used it for a couple of weeks, making modifications here and there and I feel like it's at a point now where it's stable enough to release.

It'll only work if you already have your stuff setup to be able to access your stats remotely via the "static" page.  So you have to either have a static IP or dynamic DNS or something like that that makes it possible to view your stats reliably over the internet already.  This just puts some of that data in a widget that automatically updates every 30 minutes and adds the option for notifications.

If you have problems you can let me know here and I'll take a look.  I'm new to p2pool and to writing android widgets so forgive me if it doesn't work for you.

If you try it and it works for you and you feel generous you can donate but it's not expected, my address is: 1MDzA9dZEEzxVbbapsajiHn8oknfVaz8Wy

Thanks!
-Ken

P.S.  Please make suggestions for changes.
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:47:34 PM

By the way I'm about to release an update, probably this week. 

The update will include:
1) The ability to enter your payout key instead of it picking it for you.
2) The ability to pick h/s, kh/s, mh/s, or gh/s for the alert on hash rate too low.
3) You can tap the widget to refresh it now.
4) I added an option to remove the blank line above the time for those phones where the time gets chopped off at the bottom of the widget

Those, I've written already, just need to do a little testing.

Also, I might include these changes:
1) Make the alert say "DOA too high", instead of "hashrate low" when it gets triggered by DOA.  (Probably will include this one, just need a little more time to get it right)
2) Include a link to this page on BitcoinTalk so that people can discuss here.  (I feel like this would be helpful, but I'm not sure if it's the best way to get feedback, still considering it.  I might add it, or I might not)

If anyone reads this post that's using my widget feel free to post other ideas before I push out the update.  I might not have time to update it again for a while.  So I'd like to get in as many changes as people want as I can on this update.

Thanks!
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:55:01 PM

Looks like you have covered the main things I want. Thanks.

A few ideas:

Showing the Efficiency rating of p2pool would be nice. It's supposed to be about the 100% mark.
Perhaps also the number of clients connected.
Link to the status page of the p2pool server.
Overall balance of your mining wallet key.
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:33:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! 

I'm not sure where to fit the extra info you're asking for on the widget.  I think I'll need to add the option of a 2x2 (or maybe just a 2x1, or 1x2) widget.  I like the 1x1 size myself, but if I made a larger one then I could add more info to it.  I don't think I'll do that on this update, but I'll add it to my list of things to do on the following update.  Would you prefer a 1x2, 2x1, or 2x2 widget, or all choices?

As for adding a link to the status page, again to do it right I'd need more space, but what I could do is make it so that a double-tap on the widget opens the status page, whereas a single tap refreshes the widget.  Although I seem to remember there isn't a double-click listener, you have to setup a timer to keep track of how long since the last click.  But either way I think that'd be doable on this update.  I'll give it a go anyway and see.

Thanks again for the feedback.
FlappySocks

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:43:24 PM

I like the 1x1 too. How about a single click, opens a larger window which brings up more details/options?
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:44:08 PM

Better idea...  I like it.  If I can figure out how to do it I will.  Not in the next update, but the one after it.
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:33:22 AM

By the way, I went ahead and pushed out the update last night.  I've tested most stuff pretty thoroughly, except the payout key, since I don't use it.  But I did enter something in there and got a result that looked right.  So I hope that part works too.

When I get some more free time I'll work on having a larger window fly-out when you tap the widget with the additional info.  I like the idea but it's going to take me some time to figure out how to get it to work.  I'm still relatively new to android programming.
FlappySocks

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:39:40 AM

I can confirm the payout key works.  Thank you.  Smiley
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:01:25 PM

Sure, happy to help.  Thank you for testing it!
kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:40:10 PM

Cool looking forward to the update about to download now
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:42:21 PM

Cool, let me know how it goes.
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:08:18 PM

I just received an email request to add the ability to monitor several pools.  I'm adding a note here so I don't forget. 
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:50:54 PM

I just pushed out an update to fix a bug where the hashrate alert didn't work for higher (GH) hashrates in certain cases.  Not sure how long Google takes to push out the new version but it should show up soon I think. 

There's still the issue of it not allowing an alert to be set for higher than 79GH.  I'll try to address that later, although even with the recent hashrate increases I doubt it affects many people, certainly not me.  Smiley

By the way, I do plan on adding in some of the requested changes soon.  I've just been really busy IRL for the past couple of months.  But I finally took the time to setup the android development stuff on my current PC and at least fix that one annoying bug.  I may actually work on it a bit more later tonight but for now I'm going to take break.  If you have any feature requests that haven't already been mentioned feel free to post them here. 
guugll

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 05:45:20 PM

great app - love it!
Please could you add multiple usage so i can see all currencies i am mining - setup more widgets on screen.
And instead of time - Pool Rate - should fit.

i can also test somethink if you need

FreeGiz

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:09:29 PM

I recently join P2Pool, from an public node. for monitor my worker status, I found your widget is very useful. but I want to make an suggestion to better fit my situation. I am mining through an public node, not my own node.

I join P2Pool through an public node. I wish this widget can monitor/display my hash rate instead of node/pool's hash rate. it can be pulled from the same line of the "payout key".

Wish you still work on this little widget  Grin
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:47:47 PM

And I'm back...  Sorry for the extended silence, I got fed up with some android development problems I was having and moved on to other projects.  But then recently someone asked for help getting it to work on their kit kat device and I had to setup the newest android development stuff to rebuild it and so I decided to give it another shot.  (Also it didn't hurt that he gave me a pretty generous donation).  Anyway I finally figured out how to get it to do what I wanted.  So there will likely be a new version fairly soon.  I just have to finish my changes and do a lot of testing.  Stay tuned!
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:29:29 PM

Dunno if anyone is reading this, but just in case...  I hope to have some time to work on it tonight, assuming I do, and I get it to a semi finished state; does anyone here want to help beta test it for me?

The main differences are:
You can add multiple widgets to the home screen to monitor different pools.
When you tap a widget instead of refreshing it opens a fly out window with additional info and has a refresh button there in case you want to manually refresh.
Pete_79

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:17:51 AM

Dunno if anyone is reading this, but just in case...  I hope to have some time to work on it tonight, assuming I do, and I get it to a semi finished state; does anyone here want to help beta test it for me?

When you tap a widget instead of refreshing it opens a fly out window with additional info and has a refresh button there in case you want to manually refresh.

Im reading this thread Smiley

I tried your widget today. And its kind of working. I use sleipnir.syari.net and i entered my payout address. The widget shows my pending payout, but the hash rate it shows is for the entire node. Is it possible to get it to show only my own hash rate?

/Pete
FreeGiz

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:49:30 PM

I keep your widget on my phone & tablet for month.
I have some time while weekend, If you need tester, I am in.

Thanks, Smiley
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:53:09 PM

Im reading this thread Smiley

I tried your widget today. And its kind of working. I use sleipnir.syari.net and i entered my payout address. The widget shows my pending payout, but the hash rate it shows is for the entire node. Is it possible to get it to show only my own hash rate?

/Pete

Thanks for the report.  I'll look into how to show the hash rate based on the payout address.  I'm sure there's a way.  I'll get back to you.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: