Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legit owners here can not re-claim his own MtGox account!!  (Read 1228 times)
DJcoins (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:29:07 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2011, 04:10:55 PM by DJcoins

Due to a lot of day trading, I don't remember my exact BTC or Cash Balace before the attack.
I do have a reasonable estimate, but the night before the attack I have many buy/sell orders in place.

But even after providing them my full dwolla transaction history, and BTC deposit/withdraw history,(thank god) they still denied my request and asked me for an estimated account balance info, which I did provide in the first place, but it could be way off because some of my buy/sell orders could have executed before the attack happened.

Now it's been back and forth for like 5-6 times already, and every time I get the same automated Email response suggesting me to give them an estimated balance account and deposit info. Apparently they just used a script or something to compare my estimated balance with the database and no one bothered to look at my detailed claim info.

Oh also, there's also no way to edit the claim info in your re-reclaim, so you made a mistake somewhere you'll have to use another Email address to start over again.

At this point I don't even know what eles I can provide in order to prove I'm the rightful owner, their helpdesk is utterly useless, if no one is there to help, might as well shut it down completely. Maybe I should start contact Dwolla try to get my deposit reversed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sublimnl

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:31:35 PM

I got my account back - only used my Dwolla account and my IP address that I last used to login with which is also my current IP.
DJcoins (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:34:51 PM

I have just now re-sumbitted my 7th re-re-re...re-claim, with a even more detailed information attached,
including every transaction I can find in my dwolla history & Bitcoin wallet with sent/from addresses.

I have a feeling I'm going to get the same automated response again, saying I should give them the balance info.
DJcoins (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:36:21 PM

I got my account back - only used my Dwolla account and my IP address that I last used to login with which is also my current IP.

I have only used one IP address AFAIK, my ISP rarely changes my IP, and yes I have provided that, but no use.
extracool

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:43:55 PM

I think I may have provided too much info in the account balance input. The balance I provided was within 1btc. The instructions about using the same email address again are not clear. Does it mean if I re open my claim, will it be automaticly rejected? There is a hint about providing more detail in the last balance input, but this can not be redone once previously submitted. I understand not letting anyone see submitted info, but they could at least allow you to delete and redo.
DJcoins (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:46:22 PM

Exactly! The problem is once you sumbitted your info and it's permanent,
In order to resubmit with new information you have to use another email account.

I don't know who designed that re-claim system, but whoever did should be....
DJcoins (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:13:13 PM

mtgox just re-opened and I guess I won't be able to trade for now.
sigh... Good job gox, way to filter out the good guys.
muc

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 11:50:43 PM

If it was me, I might consider having my attorney write them a letter.
rennex

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 12:03:50 AM

I got my account back a few hours ago. They wanted an estimate of the balance from me too... I'm not sure what I replied about the BTC amount, but my idea of the USD balance was way off. They didn't seem to mind  Roll Eyes You'd think that the bank account details would be more convincing than some vague and incorrect recollections of balances, but I guess not.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 12:09:03 AM

Dwolla had indicated to me the other day that they do not have the ability to reverse deposits from their institution to mtgox.

I made a deposit about 10 days ago and it never showed up (this was before the mtgox hack). So I contacted mtgox and got a few responses but because of the hack they obviously were going to be delayed on responding to my request. The one thing they asked me for, which I still can't seem to find, is my mtgox number/account.

Sorry to hear your story bro, I'm not sure how many users are in the same boat as you but I logged into my account this morning and all of my BTC and $ were still there.

My initial claim on my account was rejected. Then I just blasted them with a ton of proving information that I was the owner and they basically gave in and approved my request.

Have you submitted ALL of your information? IP address? Dwolla ID? Made a secure password for you account? Saved any screenshots of your transactions at mtgox?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: