Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:12:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Call to developers for total coin rebuild and new features  (Read 685 times)
anderl (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:11:10 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 11:26:25 AM by anderl

I'm starting a currency project that won't get off the ground for another 3 months.  I'm currently working on the specifications for it.

I hope to have a preliminary architecture in about 2-3 months as my existing projects wind down and I can focus more on the development of this digital currency.  First off I do not expect this currency project to be released this year.  I'm expect to have a testnet for the project in the next 9-12 months and a full release in 18 months.

What I'm planning to do.
Primary goal -

A digital currency

Expected FeatureSet for release
  • 01. Integrated coin exchange (no plans for fiat conversion)
  • 02. Money Velocity based on a formula that uses network hashing power, total circulation, number of transaction and transaction volume
  • 03. New additional reward features based on a previous post I made on the subject https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219568.  In addition 10% of fees go to future development foundation
  • 04. Push and pull transaction requests.
  • 05. Account verification and transactional locks on funds.
  • 06. Wallet with built in coin exchange to support several alt currencies
  • 07. Plugin to add alts to the exchange as they are created
  • 08. Rewrite of the bitcoin source
  • 09. Scrypt
  • 10. 10 Second Block Retarget (testnet)/5 Second Block Retarget
  • 11. 4 Confirmations
  • 12. Managed language codebase.  Hate me if you want.. C#
  • 13. Cross platform (Android/Linux/Mac/Windows).  Mono library

I have several other more powerful features that I'm planning to add after release that will either leverage the existing features listed here or over new applications.

My experience.  15 years application development and network engineering and solutions architecture.
Application language experience.  C, C+, Java, PHP, C# primarily on windows based system but I have about 5 years working with java application on Linux and Android.  Sorry very little Mac experience.  No Objective-C.

I'm looking for other developers to assist in various capacities to move the project forward from design to development to quality assurance.  I'd like to do this in C#/Mono, OOP.

Some thoughts I"m debating.  Closing the source on some of the unique algorithms for the project like the reward algorithm.  I'm about keeping things open source but I think that it might increase speculation if the mechanisms behind how rewards are generated are blackboxed.  I've seen a lot of people invested tremendous amounts of time and money trying to revere engineer closed source algorithms.  It think it might benefit the currency over all.

Thoughts?  Criticisms?  Complaints?  Open to hear them all.
anderl (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:55:57 PM

reserved
anderl (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:56:44 PM

reserved
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 05:25:45 PM

I think there are really good idea in there - the integrated exchange I brought up in Taco's thread , {he pretty much exclusively ignored it } {he is a busy guy}

what about the blockChain?

if you are planning the currency to have a retail application you pretty much have to reform the BC.

Bit freak seems to be trying to implement his ideas to tacos design .

i will tell you ha ha , none of any of that guarantees success ,which is the really funny and i find very a amusing thing about this business.

I really have to tell you , i love the fact that most people just Can't understand that.  

let me tell you about anything closed source, the equation basically works like this,

human confidence and exposure + "want value" human benifit.

-

any part of your code that is closed source + the information in the market regarding it.

=

balance.

To flesh that out - the market perception of the closed source code , i.e where , what type of code , (could it be deemed nefarious in any way etc. );

will all have an impact on your currency because you are working in an open source environment , you don't get to choose that .

so you A bring out X currency

and B copies it and leaves the closed source part out < but them points to your currency and markets it as nefarious.

B only has to have HelloKitty in his picture and he will probably gain more of the market than your super serious and quite legitimate design.  

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
BazkieBumpercar

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:34:15 PM

Is there no way you can do c++? It would be great for linux adaption..
anderl (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:47:59 PM

what about the blockChain?

if you are planning the currency to have a retail application you pretty much have to reform the BC.

the BlockChains will require some modification.  Blcosk will require additional fields for some of the features I'm planning to include, but I plan to run parallel merge mined BlockChains.  As of right now it might be the best solution to include an integrated exchange.  I'd like to know if that poses any risks, scalability issues.

i will tell you ha ha , none of any of that guarantees success ,which is the really funny and i find very a amusing thing about this business.

I really have to tell you , i love the fact that most people just Can't understand that.  

I totally agree.  There are a few innovated coins from the last couple years that are left in the dust because people don't Get them.  Namecoin and Devcoin are innovative.  No one wants to mine them.  Maybe they are great ideas but did not provide enough incentive to mine.  They needed to tap into people's greed a little more.

...the market perception of the closed source code , i.e where , what type of code , (could it be deemed nefarious in any way etc. );

will all have an impact on your currency because you are working in an open source environment , you don't get to choose that .

so you A bring out X currency and B copies it and leaves the closed source part out < but them points to your currency and markets it as nefarious.

B only has to have HelloKitty in his picture and he will probably gain more of the market than your super serious and quite legitimate design.  

I'm hoping to have 90% of the source open.  The closed source I believe would have to be the reward algorithim.  Anyone can come in and remove the library that contains the closed source and plug in their own.  I'm all for it.  I hope may architecture would support the capability to do so.  Most of the innovation will be open, the exchange, integration of wallets, etc, but the "secret sauce" that is closed is the way the rewards are structured.  It's a matter of keeping people guessing, making them speculate as to where the rewards are heading next adjustment.  Should they hold their assets to gain interest on the assets mined, should they sell because they run the risk of a rare destruction reward, will the reward grown next week or get cut.  A lot of variables increases speculation.  If everyone knows where the market is heading they will gather consensus and all move in the same direction.  Such is the fate of all alt coins so far.  Concensus is dilution and falling prices so pump and dump.

I don't fear the HelloKitty version of my coin.  I don't expect to get rich, hopefully well to do.  I expect to accelerate development of real feature coins and get past the carnage of the litecoin clone wars of 2013.  Now more than ever we need feature rich coins.
anderl (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:51:52 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 10:35:39 AM by anderl

Is there no way you can do c++? It would be great for linux adaption..

that is why the implementation of the mono library. http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page
Mono provides cross platform capabilities.

Unfortunately my C++ skills are about 2 +'s behind the times.  I would much rather create a secure and robust product that can compile on all platforms, than try and fail in a language I haven't kept up on.
peonminer

Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:07:53 PM

sub'd
digitalindustry

Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 07:05:10 AM

I'm hoping to have 90% of the source open.  The closed source I believe would have to be the reward algorithim.  Anyone can come in and remove the library that contains the closed source and plug in their own.  I'm all for it.  I hope may architecture would support the capability to do so.  Most of the innovation will be open, the exchange, integration of wallets, etc, but the "secret sauce" that is closed is the way the rewards are structured.  It's a matter of keeping people guessing, making them speculate as to where the rewards are heading next adjustment.  Should they hold their assets to gain interest on the assets mined, should they sell because they run the risk of a rare destruction reward, will the reward grown next week or get cut.  A lot of variables increases speculation.  If everyone knows where the market is heading they will gather consensus and all move in the same direction.  Such is the fate of all alt coins so far.  Concensus is dilution and falling prices so pump and dump.

I don't fear the HelloKitty version of my coin.  I don't expect to get rich, hopefully well to do.  I expect to accelerate development of real feature coins and get past the carnage of the litecoin clone wars of 2013.  Now more than ever we need feature rich coins.

Ok that's achiveable you get the digitalindustry approval tick , {its worth milllions}

if the reward structure is just plugged in - that should be fine, no one can conceivably argue that  this is a structural source code issue. 

you just have to assume that everyone will be hostile (except where they diectly benifit) becasue they will be,  this is a market.

when you get something working come to me.

the BC is a big one , look at the BTC blockchain its a killer and the Trans time is outright killed it , they now are backed into a corner where they can use ripple (the debt scam) or put BTC in the archive for digital investments, but even then they have an ASIC problem. 

we could have an improved "netcoin" in probably about half the time -

need that blockchain improvment but - i'd talk the Balthazar - he was working on a 3D with hamming code idea . 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
anderl (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:01:12 AM

need that blockchain improvment but - i'd talk the Balthazar - he was working on a 3D with hamming code idea . 

does he have a thread on 3d hamming?  I didn't see searching the forum.  I'd like to know what 3d hamming would gain.  would a node automatically orphan bad blocks?  would a node send bad blocks to the network for re-verification or just use it to drop bad blocks after checking the first few bits.  I didn't think bad or corrupt blocks were an issue in the bitcoin network.
iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:09:21 AM

Reserved
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:29:15 AM

Integrated p2p exchange would be huge.

PalmerEdlrich

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:39:25 PM

does he have a thread on 3d hamming?  I didn't see searching the forum.  I'd like to know what 3d hamming would gain.  would a node automatically orphan bad blocks?  would a node send bad blocks to the network for re-verification or just use it to drop bad blocks after checking the first few bits.  I didn't think bad or corrupt blocks were an issue in the bitcoin network.

Ha ha well we talked about it in pm ,   its a little outside my    field but no so much looking at error checking the chain .

More like keeping a mini chain and   using the hamming to bit   verifiy it, he was  pretty much musing , hes not the only designer of NVC  pm him and talk to him.

So basically using a live mini chain and a verification block , i think , but talk to Balthazar..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: