Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:00:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox is up!  (Read 3393 times)
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:35:05 PM

(Certain people are counting how many threads I create in relation to how much I post...but you see, sometimes it's necessary!)

Mt. Gox is up!
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:14:49 PM

Don't look now -- but there's blood (and sharks) in the water at Tradehill right now!

This morning it was holding rather steady at 17.20.

Then Mt. Gox opened, and it fell to around 16.90, then 16.70.

And just now -- when the first BTC from Mt. Gox are hitting peoples' wallets -- it fell to 16.10.

It begins.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:39:26 PM

Last trade on MtGox was 17.51, which is a bargain IMHO.  Since May BTCs have doubled in value roughly every 3-4 weeks.  Remember June 1 it was at 9 bux? Smiley

Mousepotato
zaphod

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:41:06 PM

Not really a huge selloff yet considering the thinner market at Tradehill...
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:49:37 PM

OP: Some threads are indeed necessary, which is why when not called out I would not have said anything. On another note, "Holding steady" is not the proper term for a time window such as "this morning". I don't disagree that some mtgox folks might be pulling their coins and dropping them on TH, but it's not like TH has been some bastion of price steadiness that gox is now sieging. The price was 16.20 on 6/24/2011 20:20 CST. That's less than 12 hours ago. Must everything be so hysterical?

Last trade on MtGox was 17.51, which is a bargain IMHO.  Since May BTCs have doubled in value roughly every 3-4 weeks.  Remember June 1 it was at 9 bux? Smiley

Last trade on MtGox was over a week ago, the current volume of trade is 0. We'll see when it opens up if that value changes.
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:53:59 PM

Someone has to fill every trade. Mt. Gox isn't selling any at 17.51. It's an artificial number.

We'll see how fast that 17.51 becomes something much higher -- or lower -- very shortly.
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:01:39 PM

I think the market at Tradehill is going to get a lot heavier, now that people can get their money/BTC out of Mt. Gox.

Instead of an explosion (of built-up selling pressure), it looks like the market is going to "let off some steam" less dramatically, via other exchanges such as Bitcoin7 and Tradehill.

By the time Mt. Gox opens Sunday at 3:00 CDT, anyone who was dying to sell will have already done so.

As someone pointed out, the other exchanges are keeping quite a decent price on BTC -- it's not like they're going to zero or something.
HappyFunnyFoo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:43:04 PM

lots of people buying bitcoins above 2 cents per coin have clearly not heard of dutch tulips
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:44:35 PM

considering I still don't even have access to my account even though i gave them my dwolla account number, my previous balance before getting hacked, knowing my old complex password, and having full control over my email address that was in fact registered with my account... I cant have a mass sell off since I cant get to my $$  

If the market opens and I still don't have access i'm going to be a bit irritated to say the least.  If MTgox ever wants to get 1 more btc from me they better not open before i get access back.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
Coaster

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 08:44:19 PM

considering I still don't even have access to my account even though i gave them my dwolla account number, my previous balance before getting hacked, knowing my old complex password, and having full control over my email address that was in fact registered with my account... I cant have a mass sell off since I cant get to my $$  

If the market opens and I still don't have access i'm going to be a bit irritated to say the least.  If MTgox ever wants to get 1 more btc from me they better not open before i get access back.

I feel the same exact way. Talks are already underway about a fairly large class action lawsuit.

minerX

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:01:32 PM

I just withdrew my 200-400 into my dwolla account.

I'm going to keep trading on the Dox.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:34:10 PM

lots of people buying bitcoins above 2 cents per coin have clearly not heard of dutch tulips

Are tulips anonymous or limited in absolute quantity by inherent design?
How many tulips can I store in my wallet?

The reference to historical events is failure in itself. They have nothing in common.

You might just as well compare the price of gold to tulips & wonder why it has been so high for decades & why the other one crashed hundreds of years ago.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
yetis

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 10:58:03 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2011, 11:17:23 PM by FairLight

I feel the same exact way. Talks are already underway about a fairly large class action lawsuit.

Still don't have access to my account as well.

Edit:
Thank God!

I have access.

AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 11:16:35 PM

Well, after holding around $16 most of the day, the market BTC price at Tradehill has taken a turn downward.

Currently at 14.4 and falling.

I guess we have to get this out of the system before we can move forward...
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 11:41:49 PM

I guess mt gox never learn from their mistake.
Code:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (08004/1040): Too many connections in /www/p/pl/platform-stable.dns.st/includes/DB/MySQL.class.php on line 27
MySQL error, please retry later
Now, that shows a lot for a would be hacker. The entire structure, and the exact line of code.
Mt. Gox is just waiting for another hack to happen.
I would suggest everyone to move all their BTC away from Mt. Gox.
CubedRoot

Activity: 291

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 01:29:17 AM

I pulled every single cent I had (both BTC and USD) out of Mt.Gox the minute I was able to login. I moved a very large sum over to Tradehill.
_s3v3n_

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 01:31:16 AM

I guess mt gox never learn from their mistake.
Code:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (08004/1040): Too many connections in /www/p/pl/platform-stable.dns.st/includes/DB/MySQL.class.php on line 27
MySQL error, please retry later
Now, that shows a lot for a would be hacker. The entire structure, and the exact line of code.
Mt. Gox is just waiting for another hack to happen.
I would suggest everyone to move all their BTC away from Mt. Gox.

It's inevitable. Mt. Gox will never be the same again.

RDD RjBUYX75fvQ1yeSDJPkuB5wU35etvZ9JES
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:37:51 AM

+1
Agreed.

They couldn't have hurt themselves more if they tried. 

The real icing on the cake was "Here's access to your money....but NO you can't trade. I refuse to let you trade!"

...as if there aren't other trading sites...
x0Jakeyboy0x

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 05:14:44 AM

Their support forum looked better than their website.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 05:19:23 AM

Their support forum looked better than their website.
That's because the support forum was outsourced to Zendesk, which runs help, support, and ticket systems. Which is why the Mt. Gox site showed the Zendesk logo.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: