Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:56:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sentry looks like scam  (Read 649 times)
irukandji (OP)

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:25:45 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2237715.new#new

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:22:00 AM

I guess you'd be one of those ICO Police that verifies authenticity of the project based on the team members and demand their Dox.

I notice that none of the Sentry team have linkdin profiles. Does anyone have any evidence it is legit project?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2221783.msg22573416#msg22573416

So how many LinkedIn profiles you have of the bitcoin core community or Satoshi himself ? Wait,your logic kinda doesn't apply here.I don't know if the said project is scam or not but social media profiles isn't the right way to judge a project.
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:10:49 AM

I guess you'd be one of those ICO Police that verifies authenticity of the project based on the team members and demand their Dox.

I notice that none of the Sentry team have linkdin profiles. Does anyone have any evidence it is legit project?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2221783.msg22573416#msg22573416

So how many LinkedIn profiles you have of the bitcoin core community or Satoshi himself ? Wait,your logic kinda doesn't apply here.I don't know if the said project is scam or not but social media profiles isn't the right way to judge a project.
His logic may be wrong but the Sentry project run away & took dozens of people's ETH actually, their ANN was edited (empty now), his discord chanel closed, seems scam to me.
Too bad many people fell for this & total scam was like 118+ ETH !!!, that's hell lots of money.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:53:17 AM

My post also got deleted and the fund already moved without my notice

Actually this is my first time to handle escrow, I thought the process is simple so I want to help them but the fact ...  Sad

Smiley
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4425

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:41:09 AM

Actually this is my first time to handle escrow, I thought the process is simple so I want to help them but the fact ...  Sad
What do you mean fund moved without your notice? You were not properly escrowing? How was the escrow set up? Not attacking you just want to know what the deal was.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
noel2123

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:55:27 AM

What do you mean fund moved without your notice? You were not properly escrowing? How was the escrow set up? Not attacking you just want to know what the deal was.
this exactly what is on my mind , escrow should protect the investors and the bounty patricipants
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:56:35 AM

When I try to help, I want to make multisigaddress on electrum but they suggest me to use multisigaddress on www.coinb.in
So I try to make it on www.coinb.in ( first time ) and once everything is ready, Sentry team will be send into mutlisig address and they did sent it !

I thought that they can't move the fund without me to sign the transaction but it's happen ( the fund is moving without being notice by me )

Smiley
brascopck

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:18:47 AM

When I try to help, I want to make multisigaddress on electrum but they suggest me to use multisigaddress on www.coinb.in
So I try to make it on www.coinb.in ( first time ) and once everything is ready, Sentry team will be send into mutlisig address and they did sent it !

I thought that they can't move the fund without me to sign the transaction but it's happen ( the fund is moving without being notice by me )

oh man, rip all participants also rip me no paid from social bounty twitter.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 05:50:46 AM

So it was indeed a scam. Glad I was not a part of this scam project and now their participants have lost all their efforts (only the genuine participants). They are saying their discord is raided and they opened a new self-moderated ANN.

Untold

Activity: 262
Merit: 181

BitcoinTalk's Premier Design Service @UntoldDesign

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:25:08 AM

100% a scam, I created the ANN graphics for them and was told I would receive payment once escrow had been sorted.

They continue to delete their ANN thread and discord whenever I bring it up.

Here is my conversation:

https://imgur.com/a/s1OB3

█▀█▀█████▀███████▀████▀█               BITCOINTALK'S PREMIER DESIGN SERVICE      
▄████         ANN Design   ✔ Logos   ✔ Websites   ✔ Avatars   +More!
█▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄█              Telegram          Discussion    
bineva17

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:25:16 AM

I remember I PMed you that Sentry might be a scam, and it may harm your reputation...
Untold

Activity: 262
Merit: 181

BitcoinTalk's Premier Design Service @UntoldDesign

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:26:06 AM

Here is their new thread by the way:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2249422.0

█▀█▀█████▀███████▀████▀█               BITCOINTALK'S PREMIER DESIGN SERVICE      
▄████         ANN Design   ✔ Logos   ✔ Websites   ✔ Avatars   +More!
█▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄█              Telegram          Discussion    
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:33:33 AM

Due to your incompetence they were able to steal money from noobs.

People were even suspecting this was a scam from the beginning.
jt4212

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:59:16 PM

Hi,

I had posted these two comments in their thread accusing as a scam pretty early on... mainly accusing them, not really planning on investing. Both were deleted:

1)
I've searched for all 3 named team members via multiple channels (social, professional, academic) and cannot find any of them. Can someone provide some comfort that this is a real project with a real team backing it? Looking to invest, but only if I can believe it's real!
2)
Also, there is a BTC and an ETH deposit address. The price of SNY is given in ETH (.001 each)... I see no conversion rate for BTC. I can do math and assume, however since BTC/ETH changes, that is not clear. Also, if I sent from a BTC address, I am pretty sure they would not be able to send me SNY (which is maybe erc20?) back to that BTC address. Please let me know if I'm missing something here but seems fishy.

The first received a reply from someone with the Bounty logo stating that they verified one of them with no proof. I never saw a response on the 2nd other than "we give you SNY in app".

Hope nobody lost on this!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 02:14:11 PM

Why are you offering escrow services for projects when someone managed to fool you with something like that? Disclaimer: I am not yet aware of what exactly happened other than you lost (or never had the safety of) the funds.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:18:40 PM

Well, it's an ICO. Sooo... Of course it's scamy.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:05:27 PM

I'm sorry, but i have to blame you on this matter, not because you're not trusted member or escrow, BUT because you let them scam you like that using some random website, platform, it seems it's theirs apparently.

The main important thing to do as escrow, is to choose the wallet, platform you're comfortable with, not the one tho ICO owners are. This is something for you to learn, so next time when someone asks for your service & want the money in some random wallet or platform of their choice, just say no & choose the one you see it best for you.

Too bad those assholes didn't take my money, or the money of those who spent only time with bounties, but i feel so bad toward those who lost almost heir ETH savings because of shit like this.

Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:10:08 AM

Oh God, I was thinking its a good project . I didn't know that they were scammers. I had a small doubt when they announced the signature campaign in an unusual way without keeping proper spreadsheet.  But I was very much impressed with their project idea of blockchain for everyone with one click  and was telling my friend to invest in that project.  He was about to invest in the last week of ICO. 

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█