Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:55:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have people been forced to pay tax over Bitcoin yet?  (Read 5462 times)
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:41:56 PM

Quite curious if this has been the case. Obviously I'm hoping it haven't been the case.
Of course, any activity that generates profit can be taxed by the state. Crypto currency and bitcoin, in particular, is no exception. Already many countries have established income tax on the crypto currency, including capital gains tax. This has already been quite successful in Japan, where both the state and citizens receive income from this activity. Therefore, the tax will have to be paid. If someone believes that the crypto currency can not be taxed because of its anonymity, then it is wrong.
zedsacs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:38:52 PM

for the moment no one is forced to pay tax on bitcoin, in every country there is no provision of tax bitcoin tax, the government also can not force ask tax bitcoin

This is a common misconception, do your research and you will notice you have to pay tax if you made money if you were investing or gambling. Governments don't care what game you played or where you invested, they care about your profits and want a part of it.

You are paying tax yes, but that is if you do it through the conventional investments or gambling. I don't think traders and crypto gamblers are being taxed just yet. Well if there are then it's probably very minimal that not many know about it

I think that the charges that we had from trading sites can be considered as part of the taxation paid by those sites who operated for business. Nothing certain about it but only my idea, however that can be possible for the trading site owners to add their operational costs to every customers they had.

▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
GlobaTalent██████
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██
         ▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
██████
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
    ██
▇▇ Read our Whitepaper ▇▇
Telegram
Facebook
Medium
Twitter
ANN Thread
Bounty
portatifx

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:56:01 AM

As many said before me i thik that if you just keep your coins in bitcoin you are anonymus and can't be forced to pay taxes. Altho when you would want to transform in your countrys currency or buy something you should respect the law and pay taxes for the amount you spent.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:45:31 PM

Altho when you would want to transform in your countrys currency or buy something you should respect the law and pay taxes for the amount you spent.

In most cases, which of course also depends on the country you're living in, spending coins to buy goods isn't subject to tax, which is a good thing. It's an effective way to bypass harsh tax regulations affecting your gains significantly. I much rather do that than actually paying tax over my holdings, and I'm sure a lot people here think like that as well. On the other hand, I can perfectly understand why people prefer to cash out in a peer to peer manner instead of through centralized exchanges. If the tax policies were set up in a fair manner, people wouldn't even need to come up with creative ways to avoid paying tax. It is what it is I guess....
konteskarlo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:31:55 PM

I've heard in some countries that they need to do that. We can't really stop regulation guys. These greedy politicians will still find a way to tax us.
lisasteca

Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:07:29 PM

In many countries it is already necessary to pay taxes on the btc. I have read for example that in the United States the BTCs are assimilated to the shares and the gains on the BTC should be taxed as if they were capital gains. In Europe, on the other hand, there is a tendency to assimilate them to foreign currencies, taxing their earnings anyway.
chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:02:03 PM

Unlike other countries,here we are not force or liable to pay taxes on bitcoin.We are only paying a small amount of fiat money as service fees for every cashing out transaction of bitcoin into fiat money in an exchanger.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:58:47 PM

Each state has the right to tax any activity of citizens, which brings income. If the relevant state bodies make such a decision, we will have to pay taxes on profits in the crypto currency. We are not going anywhere. Evasion of taxes is usually considered a serious crime in any state. Of course, paying or not paying taxes, everyone's business.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:33:19 PM

If the tax policies were set up in a fair manner, people wouldn't even need to come up with creative ways to avoid paying tax. It is what it is I guess....
It is what it is for those who know what they sign up for when using centralized exchanges. In that regard, they don't have a choice other than to proceed with feeding the government their hard earned profits. If you are not dealing with anything that reeks of centralization, the choice is there for you to get that bit of freedom. In no shape or form should the government EVER be handed over money that easily.

What is the government providing for you that is worthy of everything you hand them over in tax income?

I think it's time for people to realize that this whole government era has grown to what it is today because we allowed it to happen. Governments are there to support everyone where possible, but these times are no longer existent. We have been providing governments passive income for decades, and nothing good came out of it. Instead, if we don't pay tax, we are being treated as criminals, which is mind boggling. Shouldn't that function as a wake up call years ago already?
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:10:55 PM

In my country (Philippines), they are not imposing or charging taxes to bitcoin users because it is hard to determine who used bitcoin. And there are no laws about charging taxes on bitcoin users yet. Also it's very rare that you see a bitcoin users here because bitcoin here is not that popular. People also are hesitant to buy and use bitcoin. They are calling bitcoin a scam but it's not. I just let them. Anyway, if you give them your income statement. For sure they will charge you with tax. But as long as they don't know what you are doing. You can't be charge for taxes since they don't even know that you are using bitcoin.
Correct mate, I never heard that bitcoin users are paying taxes here in philippines. Truth that bitcoin is not yet that very popular just like me before I am also thinking that btc was part of a scam well I don't blame them because they are not yet educated about it.
cryptorocket84

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:42:48 AM

The truth is that you cannot force tax on bitcoin users reason because you may not know all the people that are into bitcoin, so how can you collect tax from someone you dont know,if people have been forced to pay tax on bitcoin i dont know but how exactly to pay tax on bitcoin is a complex issue 
Silver_Balmond

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:31:08 AM

I don't know this condition has occurred or not,and hopefully it will never happen but I think the government will not stay silent and will find a way to be able to withdraw tax from bitcoin transactions.
Kinan07

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:27:36 PM

In my country all fees for transactions or withdrawals incurred in the digital market will be taxed.
danilic

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:34:08 PM

It depends on the country. Those countries that actively develop cryptocurrency regulation will sooner or later introduce taxes in this area. Among Asian countries, Japan is the most advanced in the field of cryptocurrency regulation, among European countries - Malta.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:33:56 AM

for the moment no one is forced to pay tax on bitcoin, in every country there is no provision of tax bitcoin tax, the government also can not force ask tax bitcoin

This is a common misconception, do your research and you will notice you have to pay tax if you made money if you were investing or gambling. Governments don't care what game you played or where you invested, they care about your profits and want a part of it.

You are paying tax yes, but that is if you do it through the conventional investments or gambling. I don't think traders and crypto gamblers are being taxed just yet. Well if there are then it's probably very minimal that not many know about it
The tax will be enacted if there is a regulation on it, for now most countries have no regulation for bitcoin so no taxes are charged to bitcoin users and I have not seen it myself. for gambling some states legalizing gambling like las vegas, macau, etc. therefore taxes are levied on them
bitcoindian

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:35:42 AM

For some countries, bitcoin  has been regulated with a tax, for our country although it is not regulated we are not forced to pay and to declare our income as part of our other income, I just don't know what other countries are doing for their people.

Still, Government didn't declare Bitcoin as legal one but our governments are asking to pay taxes on Bitcoin and it's concerned cryptocurrency trading. People have negative concerns about the government because they don't want to legal the Bitcoin.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:07:16 PM

Well, payment of tax from one earning in crypto currency should be a voluntarily and not by force, but who ever go contrarily against the law of his or her country will definitely face the full rout of the law no doubt am sure is happening in some part of the world.     
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:41:11 PM

Well, payment of tax from one earning in crypto currency should be a voluntarily and not by force, but who ever go contrarily against the law of his or her country will definitely face the full rout of the law no doubt am sure is happening in some part of the world.     
But if in your country it is required then you are just forced to pay for it, since you don't have any choice but to pay for your tax with your income and that includes income cryptocurrency, if in our country they will require too then I will just have to follow rules rather than putting my name in danger.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:03:32 PM

Quite curious if this has been the case. Obviously I'm hoping it haven't been the case.
Well, you should voluntarily pay the tax and if that is the rule to your country you don't have choice then you should do it. But i think if forcing? Maybe you force your self to pay because that's require!

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Leyss

Merit: 12

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:52:24 PM

Yes this is true. If we want the state to legalize the crypto currency and take it under its protection, including judicial protection, we will have to pay taxes. If we do not do this, then the state will be forced to restrict or even ban the decentralized Crypto currency. Considering that the states do not treat the decentralized crypto currency very well, it will do so with great pleasure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: