Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:34:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is buying an account from auction safe?  (Read 329 times)
mongd (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:11:26 PM

Hi, all!
I saw lots of posts regarding account selling and I wonder if it's ok to buy one.
As far as I can see, I can change all account information except the username, right?
I guess it really depends on with whom you trade, but if there's anyone who had an experience in selling/buying an account in this forum, please share your thoughts/ideas!

Thanks in advance!
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:26:54 PM

I haven’t done it myself but just ensure you are not buying from someone with negative trust and ensure you discuss with the person you are buying from details about the account. That way you know if there is negative trust or bans in the account you are buying.  Would also recommend always use escrow when possible.
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:44:39 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 07:02:41 PM by SM23031997

Buying and Selling accounts were never legal but at the same time, it was not illegal. And the Staff still doesn't interfere into these matters as they can't stop this.

Now, it was community turn whether they believe it's legal or illegal, for many years community members considered it as a legal practice. Due to the increase in scams caused by selling off accounts(master-p can be taken as the worst example of it, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=89329). Don't know where it started but Some of the community members(DT1 AND DT2) decided to consider it as bad.

You will get the negative trust for sure if caught doing it.
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:09:40 PM

Hi, all!
I saw lots of posts regarding account selling and I wonder if it's ok to buy one.
As far as I can see, I can change all account information except the username, right?
I guess it really depends on with whom you trade, but if there's anyone who had an experience in selling/buying an account in this forum, please share your thoughts/ideas!

Thanks in advance!
No, buying an account is not safe at all !
A lot of accounts are stolednby hackers and when you buy it, you encourage thieves.
Making business with thieves is not safe at all !
mariam.maryana

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:43:44 AM

I think it is ok to sell profile ... And how anybody recognise that your account is bought?
HenrikL

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:06:12 AM

I think it is ok to sell profile ... And how anybody recognise that your account is bought?

As long as it doesn't violate the T&C of btc talk, should be fine (also ethically). However, I would be VERY wary of engaging in this type of business, due to the risk of being subject to fraud.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:19:36 AM

Buying and Selling accounts were never legal but at the same time, it was not illegal. And the Staff still doesn't interfere into these matters as they can't stop this.

It is nothing to do with legal and illegal, bitcointalk doesn't create laws - it makes terms of usage. Buying and selling accounts is not encouraged by the staff, but it is better than pushing it underground and hiding it. That said, I think most users here frown upon trading accounts because it lowers the trust around here and lots of people will give the account negative trust if it is ever found.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Enzo 777

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:07:51 AM

Buy / Sell account is Legal
Buy / Sell account is not against this site rules

you will never ban if you sell / buy account but some green members will give you red trust Because sell accounts help scam or spam
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:58:21 PM

Hi, all!

Thanks in advance!

The best way is make own account and developing him. Buying is very risky, encourages cheaters, and can be problematic in future. Creating new account will be more credible than bought
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:53:24 PM

Hi, all!

Thanks in advance!

I did not do it myself, but it all depends on the owner and the person from whom you want to buy, so if you have such a purchase plan, think carefully and see if it is a proven source.

TriheXXX

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:23:19 AM

Hi, all!

Thanks in advance!

maybe you better dont do that, because it risky thing. meanwhile you dont know the person that you trade with.
Santos Kalaharry

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:46:52 PM

Could you explain me please why do you want to buy account?

Do you want to get some privileges or something other?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: