Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:03:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-06-03 China Daily: Digital currency bitcoin gains virtual interest  (Read 1092 times)
Arvicco (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Please bear with me

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 06:37:51 PM

http://africa.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2013-06/03/content_16558323.htm

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:37:15 PM

China creates huge problems for FinCen.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:44:25 PM

That's one reason I am not more worried about the US government trying to shut down Bitcoin. If I had to move to China (or almost anywhere) in order to be able to spend my Bitcoins it wouldn't be the end of the world.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:01:09 PM

That's one reason I am not more worried about the US government trying to shut down Bitcoin. If I had to move to China (or almost anywhere) in order to be able to spend my Bitcoins it wouldn't be the end of the world.

you don't have to move.

buy some Block Erupters.  Wink
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:13:08 AM

Unfortunately once they deem BTC an annoyance, we will see the same moves against it as we see now in the US.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:12:01 PM

Unfortunately once they deem BTC an annoyance, we will see the same moves against it as we see now in the US.

i actually can't think of a country better than China that might want to adopt Bitcoin or at least support it.

when Hong Kong was turned over to Communist China back in the 1997, everyone was fearful that you'd see the army march into the streets of Hong Kong and destroy the most free, open, and prosperous economy in the world.  instead the Communist Party had the vision to leave it alone and in fact adopt many of the free market principles upon which the HK economy had been built.  hence, we got one of the greatest growth stories out of mainland China during the 2000's.  it became clear that the Communist Party likes to make money and they've made lots of it.

one of the main goals of a Communist Party is to stay in power by controlling its citizens.  they've realized that by pegging the yuan to the USD their corporations have benefitted greatly but understand that the purchasing power of the yuan has suffered.  they've actively encouraged their ppl to buy gold as a store of value.  imagine that.  they've long complained about the USD as the reserve currency and have been rebuffed at adding the yuan to the IMF currency basket.

now along comes Bitcoin.  most computer hardware is manufactured in Asia, if not China.  look at Avalon and Asicminer prosper.  they have cheap labor.  Chinese are more technically savvy than the average global citizen.  if i sat on the Communist Party, i would at minimum leave the Bitcoin experiment alone as it could be a great wealth transfer mechanism away from the USD reserve currency and to the Chinese ppl.  i'm sure the Communist Party is smart enough to work that to it's advantage.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:28:16 PM

Redistribution of wealth from the robber-baron capitalists to the teeming masses is also closely in alignment with their central-planning kind of thinking, even if a good portion of the elites don't personally behave that way - skimming off funds and buying that large estate in Vancouver, Canada for example.

It is interesting to see Bitcoin at work, and I agree that China is a bigger part of the picture than many may realize at this point.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
SylTi

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:53:58 PM

Redistribution of wealth from the robber-baron capitalists to the teeming masses is also closely in alignment with their central-planning kind of thinking, even if a good portion of the elites don't personally behave that way - skimming off funds and buying that large estate in Vancouver, Canada for example.

It is interesting to see Bitcoin at work, and I agree that China is a bigger part of the picture than many may realize at this point.

China is completly different then the us on a economic stand point : they do not just tell banker that fraud is bad, and take their cut like in the US. Bankster get's executed in china.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: