Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Found Block on Antminer S7 then lost  (Read 402 times)
wandawanda (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:22:49 PM

Hey all, could this be?

my s7 burned one hash board last week...and i lost connection to the pool also, i woke him up today and in its sofware the two boards were hashing but still no connection to the pool. Before that i did a reset/reboot on S7 also. I was 5mins in and it said foundblocks 1....i modified the worker and the block dissappeared...is it lost?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:20:45 PM

How can a block be lost? If it was founded then it is part of the blockchain now. As far as I know, when you connect to mining pools, you are not really looking for a block, that shouldn't matter to you, you are just in it to prove that you did some work and the pool rewards you for it. So if you found a solution to your part of the work, made by your pool, then you should check on their site or something like that where it shows your balance if it was accepted.
wandawanda (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:32:50 PM

I understand what you are trying to say, but the problem i have is that at the time that block was found i was checking my slushpool account and had my worker offline.
He never came online and show hashing. I saw s7 hashing only with my pc after i logged in into my s7, as i was trying to get that solved i have changed my worker password and my s7 just restarted fresh but no blocks found
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:47:49 PM

But it is unlikely that you found an actual block, you probably just found a "share" which is designed to be a lot easier to find and it is adjusted to your hashpower, so it is possible for you to find it in time. If you don't upload it in time, the share goes stale. Of course that you will find it when it goes offline and it doesn't update for a while, it is like finding actual blocks offline, it really isn't that hard to find a whole Bitcoin block if you just don't update your blockchain, but it is when you compete with others that is a challenge (this isn't a good metaphor, but you maybe get my point anyway).

That "block" you found is not big of a deal and it makes sense that you found it, since it was a block of a stale blockchain and it was designed for it to be easy enough for you to solve it.
wandawanda (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:00:08 PM

Probably you are right yes or maybe i had an amazing luck but anyway i think whatever it was its over since i got no idea how to recover the block.
I'll just try tommorow to get s7 online to see if i can still hash at 2/3 speed.
Thnx for your prompt explanation mate. You have been helpful Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: