Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:34:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving out your bitcoin wallet address  (Read 556 times)
dandannn (OP)

Activity: 242
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:59:46 PM

Is there any potential harm someone could do with your wallet address? I have just found out that they can search for all your transactions, so if you had a high balance you would be a potential target??
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 08:05:08 PM

Not really sure what you mean but I'll asume you're talking about the receiving address. In this case there isn't much danger unless a hacker knows that the bitcoin address is tied to a wallet that is in your computer that he knows how to access/hack into. So don't go on bragging about your riches and you should be fine. Tongue

J35st3r

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:05:16 PM

Is there any potential harm someone could do with your wallet address? I have just found out that they can search for all your transactions, so if you had a high balance you would be a potential target??

So would walking down the street all bling'd up to the hilt. Keep your stash in a safe place (such as a paper wallet), but be sure you understand how it works or you might just lose everything. Practice on some small sums before committing your life savings.

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: