Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:11:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S.MG - The Ministry of Games.  (Read 27109 times)
stephwen

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:20:24 AM

There is already a well-funded group developing proprietary gateway software to integrate a BTC economy into several major game platforms. If you are still at the stage of raising capital you have probably already missed the boat. It should have been obvious for at least a year that BTC is ideally suited to replace in-game currencies, especially if you want to migrate assets between platforms. The only sticking point has been the resistance to abandoning control of the value of current proprietary game currencies for a self-regulating one. But that resistance is beginning to crumble as the benefits begin to make themselves apparent. They are doing quite a bit behind the scenes on this, and whether they are successful will be for the future to determine. Please take this with a grain of salt, I can offer no proof, so just consider it a random rumor, and just another datapoint.

I am under NDA to really say anything else, so don't ask.
Being first in the field doesn't matter as much as doing things right.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:39:56 AM

There is already a well-funded group developing proprietary gateway software to integrate a BTC economy into several major game platforms. If you are still at the stage of raising capital you have probably already missed the boat. It should have been obvious for at least a year that BTC is ideally suited to replace in-game currencies, especially if you want to migrate assets between platforms. The only sticking point has been the resistance to abandoning control of the value of current proprietary game currencies for a self-regulating one. But that resistance is beginning to crumble as the benefits begin to make themselves apparent. They are doing quite a bit behind the scenes on this, and whether they are successful will be for the future to determine. Please take this with a grain of salt, I can offer no proof, so just consider it a random rumor, and just another datapoint.

I am under NDA to really say anything else, so don't ask.
Being first in the field doesn't matter as much as doing things right.

Being first to publish and getting it at least half-right does.

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:48:52 AM

Proof of work is the most important factor of all  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:08:12 PM

Well at least he's established proof of talk, right? That also counts.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
svbeon

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:08:38 PM

How much marketshare do you have? 2%? 5%? 10%?
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:24:06 PM

What market?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:00:07 PM

Right now they have 0%, which will continue until they release something.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
ex-trader

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:01:10 PM

So am I reading this correctly?

$800,000 has been invested in a company that has no business, assets or firm plans, other than a 'desire' to get involved in Bitcoin games........

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:17:09 PM

$800,000 has been invested in a company that has no business, assets or firm plans, other than a 'desire' to get involved in Bitcoin games........

You are reading this wrongly. 8,799.0657479 BTC were invested in MP's game venture. It's not "a" company, and dollars aren't involved. Furthermore, the corp does have assets: 8,799.0657479 BTC, in cash, and it does have plans, as discussed in the OP.

Apparently "you are reading this wrongly" was not actually accurate. Should have said "every single thing you think is wrong".

To help piss you off further: 38k BTC were invested in S.MPOE too.

Now, you were saying?

Indeed. Of the 10bn dollar video game market (significantly larger than the movie market, for that matter), 0%. Of the 0 BTC video game market, an unspecified % (as the result of dividing zero by zero is undefined).

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:28:02 PM

Well at least he's established proof of talk, right? That also counts.

If it doesn't get delayed for a year or two like BFL  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ex-trader

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:29:47 PM

Should have said "every single thing you think is wrong".
Whats worrying is that you actually seem to believe this.

Why would that piss me off?
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:04:55 AM

Because bitcoin, or something!

The mistaken assumption is that people resent the fact that MPOE has stacks of BTC. In fact, nobody cares.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:12:54 PM

The mistaken assumption is that people resent the fact that MPOE has stacks of BTC. In fact, nobody cares.

Are you fresh off the SA boat?

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:21:54 PM

Are you fresh off the SA boat?

South Australia is a loooong way from Canada.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Peter Lambert

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:38:22 PM

You are reading this wrongly. 8,799.0657479 BTC were invested in MP's game venture. It's not "a" company, and dollars aren't involved. Furthermore, the corp does have assets: 8,799.0657479 BTC, in cash, and it does have plans, as discussed in the OP.

Apparently "you are reading this wrongly" was not actually accurate. Should have said "every single thing you think is wrong".

Now, you were saying?

LOL. PR just got trolled hard, or somebody stupid just walked into a good drubbing. Sometimes it is hard to tell about sarcasm on the internet?

Indeed. Of the 10bn dollar video game market (significantly larger than the movie market, for that matter), 0%. Of the 0 BTC video game market, an unspecified % (as the result of dividing zero by zero is undefined).

I would say there is some sort of potential market for bitcoin games, so the divisor here is non-zero. So it is more accurate to say you have 0% of the market, which puts you in top place next to all the other people thinking about making bitcoin games. The difference is you visibly have funding, which is one step ahead of anybody else.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:39:57 PM

South Australia is a loooong way from Canada.

Dun be a goon.

I would say there is some sort of potential market for bitcoin games, so the divisor here is non-zero.

What exactly do you have in mind, the Dragon Tale thing? It's kinda dead/abandoned from what I've seen last.

Peter Lambert

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:26:04 PM

I would say there is some sort of potential market for bitcoin games, so the divisor here is non-zero.

What exactly do you have in mind, the Dragon Tale thing? It's kinda dead/abandoned from what I've seen last.

No, I mean there is nothing currently available, but there are people who would use such a thing if it existed. It is a 'potential market'.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:16:16 AM

No, I mean there is nothing currently available, but there are people who would use such a thing if it existed. It is a 'potential market'.

So if there is nothing there then the divisor is 0. The market is what the market is, not what the market could be.

Peter Lambert

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:38:53 AM

So if there is nothing there then the divisor is 0. The market is what the market is, not what the market could be.

I guess that depends on if you are looking at past figures or future projections.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:21:54 PM

Details posted today re the S.MG MMORPG's real cash economy, chosen game engine and software, development environment, splash screen and game artwork submission opportunities, etc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: