Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:42:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dividend Economics  (Read 238 times)
zee123 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 11:27:27 PM

a)Is it possible for an investor to own a token, receive dividends based on ownership of the token without performing a function/service and the token not be considered a security?

b)Is there a way the economics of a token can be structured as a utility token bearing these conditions?

▃▄▅▆▇ POTENTIAM -  The Rewarding Music Ecosystem ▇▆▅▄▃
▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ PRE ICO LIVE NOW   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
Whitepaper | ANN | Bounty | Telegram | Twitter | Website

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 11:59:06 PM

a)Is it possible for an investor to own a token, receive dividends based on ownership of the token without performing a function/service and the token not be considered a security?

b)Is there a way the economics of a token can be structured as a utility token bearing these conditions?

it is possible, economically in risk averse environments you can create your adjustments in a way that u can get a substantial and relatively stable regular yield however he is not high arround 3-6% if you are lucky.

secondary, dividend yield is more complicated term.

a company can reinvest all its earnings instead of paying out dividents, to increase its value, so the stocks rise in value without a single divident paid. Value rise is also a form of divident (wealth increase)

same can be true for coins.

but for this u cant use empty IT system coins, like z-cash dash ripple even btc and ltc cant provide longterm substantial yields, arround 99 % of coins available today dont suit that demand of yours acceptably.

regards

zee123 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 12:07:51 AM

it is possible, economically in risk averse environments you can create your adjustments in a way that u can get a substantial regular yield however he is not high arround 3-6% if you are lucky.

a company can reinvest all its earnings instead of paying out dividents, to increase its value, so the stocks rise in value without a single divident paid.

but for this u cant use empty IT system coins, like z-cash dash ripple even btc and ltc cant provide longterm substantial yields

regards

Thank you KingScorpio, I will start my research with your suggestion. Cheers

▃▄▅▆▇ POTENTIAM -  The Rewarding Music Ecosystem ▇▆▅▄▃
▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ PRE ICO LIVE NOW   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
Whitepaper | ANN | Bounty | Telegram | Twitter | Website
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 12:15:34 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 12:28:52 AM by KingScorpio

it is possible, economically in risk averse environments you can create your adjustments in a way that u can get a substantial regular yield however he is not high arround 3-6% if you are lucky.

a company can reinvest all its earnings instead of paying out dividents, to increase its value, so the stocks rise in value without a single divident paid.

but for this u cant use empty IT system coins, like z-cash dash ripple even btc and ltc cant provide longterm substantial yields

regards

Thank you KingScorpio, I will start my research with your suggestion. Cheers

no problem man for this i studied economics & antrophologics at university 5 years (i should have dropped out after 3.5 years), what you are looking for is a 2D coin or a source coin that is not a coin but a source, you dont transact coins but sources, i am working on one currently i realised the demand in the market long time ago.

here is a thread of mine https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2222039.0

but i am not done with the system too publish this kind of "coin" yet

a 2D coin is much more difficult to build than those empty encrypted only IT systems that are out there currently.

regards

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: