Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:21:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Litecoin Faucets, Free LTC, Earn LTC [Alternate cryptocurrencies Topic]  (Read 1722 times)
BitcoinBoss (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 09:41:09 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 08:39:56 PM by BitcoinBoss

I have started a topic in Bitcoin Forum > Other > Alternate cryptocurrencies called [LTC] List of Litecoin Faucets, Lotteries, Gaming Sites, Free Litecoin. It may be of interest to some newbies. I am really after suggestions of sites to add to the list.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223514.0

Any help getting this topic going is much appreciated. Smiley

FREE BITCOIN ! ---> FreeBitco.in (Faucet + Multiplier) <--- FREE BITCOIN !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBoss (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 11:15:27 AM

Still looking for sites to add to the list. Smiley

rc0cl

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:51:41 AM

Most of these freebies websites are betting related.

Quite ingenious marketing!

Got any non betting related ones to post?
BitcoinBoss (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 11:57:52 AM

Most of these freebies websites are betting related.

Quite ingenious marketing!

Got any non betting related ones to post?

One out of four is a completely free lottery. The other three are completely free faucets. Not a single one requires any wagering, so your comment confuses me. I am in no way connected with the sites. I'm just trying to build up a current list of faucets for LTC because I couldn't find one on the forum and thought it would be helpful. I have only had a confirmed payout from one site and that is clearly marked in green. I intend to keep the list updated by regularly checking the faucets for payouts. Smiley

rc0cl

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:51:31 PM

Sorry, posted link did not show up, when I clicked on it.

I was under the impression you will post them soon, when I wrote the earlier post.

Thanks for the links!
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:54:16 PM

Great post. I've been wanting to search for a few to introduce them to LTC.
BitcoinBoss (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 12:27:46 PM

List updated last night. Smiley

If you know a site I've missed that pays out Litecoin then let me know. Smiley

Liquidfire

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:13:57 PM

I can understand the appeal of this for a newbie. However, they may not realize how incredibly insignificant these amounts of BTC are, and waste hours hunting two or three cents.

I promise the ad revenue these faucet operators are bringing in is multiple factors higher than the tiny amounts of BTC they give out.

I don't know, I just feel like I should be a cautionary voice to some of the newbs who think this is worth their time... Having your CPU mine is probably a more worthwhile endeavor...

I know there are people who are read this who are trying to get people to those sites because they operate them and profit off of them... I don't have a problem with that, if it makes you money go for it.. just letting people know what they are really getting for their time.
BitcoinBoss (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 02:40:58 PM

I can understand the appeal of this for a newbie. However, they may not realize how incredibly insignificant these amounts of BTC are, and waste hours hunting two or three cents.

I promise the ad revenue these faucet operators are bringing in is multiple factors higher than the tiny amounts of BTC they give out.

I don't know, I just feel like I should be a cautionary voice to some of the newbs who think this is worth their time... Having your CPU mine is probably a more worthwhile endeavor...

I know there are people who are read this who are trying to get people to those sites because they operate them and profit off of them... I don't have a problem with that, if it makes you money go for it.. just letting people know what they are really getting for their time.

True the amounts are small. However faucets and earning sites are good for newbies who wish to get some BTC / LTC, etc without risking any capital. Some countries are very hard to get fiat onto exchanges from, so these sites open up the crypto world to these people. It is fun and requires minimal effort to use faucets and earning sites. Also once you have a few micro BTC / LTC you can play around on exchanges trading alt coins. These sites will not make you rich but they are a great starting point and a lot of fun for people who are enthusiastic about crypto but unsure if they are ready to invest. As for mining, many people (myself included) don't have a desktop and mining on a laptop CPU will overheat it very quickly and risk hardware damage. I agree with what you are saying that earnings are small for the time it can take, but faucets and earning sites are risk free unlike investing on exhanges or paying out to build a mining rig or buying an ASIC. Hopefully in the future earning sites will pay a better rate for work involved but I feel this is improving with sites like ABitBack.com being a good example. Some sites are going the other way though, for example the payout per page viewed by using BitVisitor.com has fallen so dramatically over the past week or so that I personally have used it far less. Keep checking the forums for the latest offers and giveaways is another tip I would give to newbies looking for a small amount of currency to get them started. Smiley

BitcoinBoss (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 08:41:06 PM

Bump for newbies Wink

BitcoinBoss (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 01:22:17 PM

Great post. I've been wanting to search for a few to introduce them to LTC.

Thanks for the encouragement. The list has grown quite substantially since original posting, as has the value of Litecoin! Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: