Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:58:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmm..this could be a gender issue  (Read 2239 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:45:38 PM

Nerds do "have a chance"...  intelligence is attractive and females are far less visual then males when it comes to choosing a mate.  But this...

I mean, if Ravin Tavin was hanging out at a bitcoin conference, I certainly wouldn't be paying heed to some pasty basement nerd droning on about cryptography...I'd be leering at her and imagining dem titties bouncin' in ma face!

... is probably why Bitcoin is still a boys club

She takes her clothes off for bitcoin, you twat. It's all about context, my man. Were she there in business attire lecturing about emerging crypto-algorithms, I'd be paying attention to something else.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 07:48:03 PM

Thread evolution from gender to language in just 2 pages. Amazing...

RandyFolds

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:49:03 PM

Nerds do "have a chance"...  intelligence is attractive and females are far less visual then males when it comes to choosing a mate.  But this...

I mean, if Ravin Tavin was hanging out at a bitcoin conference, I certainly wouldn't be paying heed to some pasty basement nerd droning on about cryptography...I'd be leering at her and imagining dem titties bouncin' in ma face!

She takes her clothes off for bitcoin, you twat. It's all about context, my man. Were she there in business attire lecturing about emerging crypto-algorithms, I'd be paying attention to something else.

That and she is just fucking staggeringly beautiful. If you aren't paying attention to women like that, you are just a neutered friggin' husk of a human.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:50:54 PM

Thread evolution from gender to language in just 2 pages. Amazing...

Sorry, mostly my fault.
BE Phoenix

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:59:33 PM

That and she is just fucking staggeringly beautiful. If you aren't paying attention to women like that, you are just a neutered friggin' husk of a human.

Context is important...   like knowing when you're replying to a male or a female in a thread post...   my man Wink
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 08:09:19 PM

Women's menstual blood attracts sharks...

do we really want women to have bitcoins knowing this?

ewww....

And bears.

You cannot set up a decent mining rig with bears around.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
realdos (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:18:55 PM

Nerd does not imply intelligence, just lack of social skills. Please don't raise people to have low social skills.

I think we could safely say that nerds in bitcoin community imply intelligence.
BE Phoenix

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:42:33 PM

Nothing stop women to come and learn about bitcoin, how it works, use it etcetc. On the internet, gender does not matter.

Why they aren't interested?

They are interested in everything by default but you people are approaching them the wrong way.

http://www.cafepress.com/bitcoinmegastore.795185317
http://www.cafepress.com/bitcoinmegastore.829021036
http://www.cafepress.com/bitcoinmegastore.809239712 <--- be careful with this one!
http://www.cafepress.com/bitcoinmegastore.789093810 <--- be very careful with this one!

Cheesy

Nice stuff...  probably wouldn't wear the jewelry but love the yoga mat Smiley   Would love it more if it came in the classic orange/white
RandyFolds

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:00:35 PM

Context is important...   like knowing when you're replying to a male or a female in a thread post...   my man Wink

So as a woman, you think it is sexist for me to ogle a woman who is literally employed by that very action? Seems natural on my part, and empowering on her part. Enjoying human beauty is not something that is restricted to men. My old lady likes vagina just as much as I do, and she'll be checking out the hot women and the room right along with me. Is that sexist, too?
JimCGSavings

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:02:00 AM

...My old lady likes vagina just as much as I do, and she'll be checking out the hot women and the room right along with me. Is that sexist, too?

I don't know whether to say TMI or tell me more. This is a very interesting forum.
TheBitcoinWife

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:20:25 AM

So if men continue to buy and hoard bitcoins, someday in the future when bitcoin becomes mainstream, will this re-allocate wealth totally as men on average are wealthier than ladies?

Assuming that most men who buy/mine/earn Bitcoin are single is pretty naive in my mind. There are plenty of couples who are mutually invested, and I would venture to guess a fair percentage of the men there had significant others at home who are just as savvy and involved with Bitcoin. We should be encouraging more women to attend these Bitcoin get-togethers, and as long as the Neft Booth girls are around, I don't think we'll have a problem with nerd-herding around the chicks Wink Bitcoin2013 was a BLAST and I can't wait for next year.
BE Phoenix

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:47:04 AM

So as a woman, you think it is sexist for me to ogle a woman who is literally employed by that very action? Seems natural on my part, and empowering on her part. Enjoying human beauty is not something that is restricted to men. My old lady likes vagina just as much as I do, and she'll be checking out the hot women and the room right along with me. Is that sexist, too?

If you re-read my comments you'll realize I never called you sexist...  the gay guy did Smiley  As a complementarian I could care less about pointing out or dwelling on sexism.  I did, however, make an objective observation as to why there could be a gender disparity which is still relevant.  Your lady sounds lovely, but discretion has its benefits as well (think lady in the streets freak in the sheets)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: