Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:16:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [scam tag request] user unclescrooge founder and operator of bitfinex.com  (Read 18217 times)
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:22:29 AM

25% of bitfinex limited
I already said above, you didnt post any evidence to proof that so far.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 10:26:33 AM

This thread is lulz, wonder why the Bitfinex source Bitcoinica source hasn't been re-leaked already.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:02:28 PM

This thread is lulz, wonder why the Bitfinex source Bitcoinica source hasn't been re-leaked already.

Because by now it has evolved into a singularity (torus shaped) and a bunch of golums are circling it chanting "my preciousssss, my preciousssss".

Particularly amusing is the blogpost of the Raphael muppet. Oh he's worked so very hard (so what if stupidly?!) and his personal life is a mess so please can he at least have this?

The answer, of course, is no. That's not how life works. This isn't the artificially constructed environment known as school where if you whine and appeal to emotion enough the teacher might give you a passing grade.

Go back to high school Raphy, that's where your delusions of what professional means aren't out of place.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:44:27 PM

I find it funny that someone like myself got 10% of profits in the first place. Also the talk of "oh so rich" investors (who is this "Mr. Tang"?) seems a bit weird to me, maybe I come from a different background, but even though a loss of 50k USD is a lot, it is not that much for a financial business startup with a business model that has very much known risks where one can get burned. You were warned over and over about getting Goxxed

I personally pulled partly out of Bitfinex regardless of these accusations, simply because interests in the last month were not covering the risks that I perceive at all, so there's no real point in putting my money in danger for low returns.

Building on Bitcoinica's code in the first place was probably not the smartest move, I'm still hoping that soon(TM) there will finally be an open-source trading platform with leverage, be it on Ripple, with their own IOUs, with OpenTransactions or however else. As regulatory hurdles are anyways the main issue, and not the actual trading engine having competitors setting up dozens of their own exchanges is very unlikely anyways...

I got off-topic though, so back to these accusations:
As Eisenhower34 said:
* There's need for proof that myself even holds 25% of bitfinex limited and it would be nice to know who holds which parts of bitfinex technology limited
* What's up exactly with this 1 million USD (an amount that should be quite hard to hide in logs etc.), where's proof for that?
I would also add:
* An audit from a third party would be great to have, ideally with a transparency initiative - there was a thread about which numbers should be published how and where, so far Bitfinex is still quite a black hole and the "public trades" page is not enough to properly audit the page externally or create a ledger (amounts cut off, only 100 entries available, no mention of platform or fee...)

If there was a complete trading history released (with good + proper data of the trades) it would be possible to massage this into a format readable by ledger-cli for example and calculate how many USD, BTC and LTC the platform should have at risk at any point of time. Then all that needs to be done is to provide evidence (e.g. screenshots, bank statments, auditor statements, exchange balances) that these funds are really existing and everything is fine.

I'd like to remind Raphael though of a few things:
Being a "rich rich rich" insurance owner in Hong Kong does not make somebody a useful partner. If at all it would make me suspicious how this person can get so rich when he invests in these high-risk ventures.
Having a few things to say on a forum or suggestions via mail does not make someone a useful advisor. (You're free to send me bitcoins though for my suggestions/advice... Tongue)
Someone who just pulls a CEO + investors in a month(!?) out off his hat that understand both Bitcoin and margin trading while himself coming from a semiconductor background is in my eyes just too good to be true.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:07:16 PM

I see that a bit different because we are still mixing up two things here.

1) According to all things posted here "myself" was an employee.

Not at all. He's posted enough to make it clear he was an early round, low valuation investor who is now seeing his stake converted by "management" (ie, the thief with the logins) for the benefit of later stage investors.

The exact method employed in the tortious transfer of interest in Bitcoin Magazine a few months back. Ample reason to go to jail in most any part of the civilised world for that matter.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
BTCTalkAccounts

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
-
June 10, 2013, 05:10:03 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:16:20 PM by BTCTalkAccounts

-
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:33:55 PM

Huh?
Bitfinex runs on RoR... in some cases they even gave full error logs (I might still have one lying around... "/home/raph/www" rings a bell?) on 500 errors.

I just hope they keep their software patched up to the latest as there are again some exploits floating around in the wild. This has nothing to do with the remaining scam accusations here (1 million USD credited out of thin air and cutting out a share holder(?) by maybe(?) founding another company)

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:38:44 PM

Because it doesn't run on exploit-riddled ruby-on-rails
You must be new here

BTCTalkAccounts

View Profile
-
June 10, 2013, 08:22:22 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:32:53 PM by BTCTalkAccounts

-
MPOE-PR

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:54:15 PM

Because it doesn't run on exploit-riddled ruby-on-rails
You must be new here

What gave it away? Was it perhaps

How dare you call me a scammer, you spread lies for MPEX, the biggest Bitcoin ponzi scheme who's office is just a house in romania.

I run a much more reputable business than you, and you even dare to call me a scammer...

Everyone knows REAL offices of REALLY more reputable businesses than yours are run off boats and satellites. And maff.

BTCTalkAccounts

View Profile
-
June 10, 2013, 10:22:00 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:38:08 PM by BTCTalkAccounts

-
MPOE-PR

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:14:23 PM

I've scheduled a meeting with my financial advisor tomorrow and will be letting them know my intentions to invest in illegally traded stocks on an unregulated stock exchange, who's office is, again, a middle class dude's house in Romania. Seems legit.

The only people you "schedule meetings" with are prostitutes, if they take food stamps that day, and cops, if they feel like beating up on some schmuck while passing by your reputable business space station/bus stop.

WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:06:22 AM

I see that a bit different because we are still mixing up two things here.

1) According to all things posted here "myself" was an employee. The agreement via email / contract dont back his demand for being a real partner and not only an employee payed by a percentage of the profit. Im sorry for you "myself" but emplyees can be fired. Check your emails, maybe you find something he said which imply that you are a real partner.

2) The second point is the more concerning one according to my opinion. We already cleared the 150k covered by the funds of a personal account, but what about "Devasini [who] was credited one million dollars, money that he didn't have deposited in his account"? Giving out funds of this amount are a huge liability and are possible fraud (as long as you have no real good explanation).

Once again, it might be bad business practices, but is it really elevated to the point of a scam that deserves a scammer tag?  Even if all the things said here were true, no one lost any money in the deal and while the company took a risk, it seemed to have done so to protect it's assets and those of it's clients.  I think the request for this to be closed makes sense because even if everything said against the company were true, it still doesn't seem like anyone lost anything at all?  At which point the scam tag request would be denied.

Just my opinion though.  This whole damn thing has gotten to be very convoluted due mostly to the fact that the OP seems to be confounding 2 things into one.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:26:45 AM

Once again, it might be bad business practices, but is it really elevated to the point of a scam that deserves a scammer tag?  Even if all the things said here were true, no one lost any money in the deal and while the company took a risk

You are either mixing yourself in discussing topics significantly outside of your intellectual purview out of a naive but ultimately dangerous conviction that simply being born out of woman qualifies you to form an opinion on any topic and to speak in any circumstance, or else you're a shill. Now which one is it?

BTCTalkAccounts

View Profile
-
June 12, 2013, 12:43:06 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:35:14 PM by BTCTalkAccounts

-
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 01:28:29 PM

The only people you "schedule meetings" with are prostitutes, if they take food stamps that day, and cops, if they feel like beating up on some schmuck while passing by your reputable business space station/bus stop.

{random blurb}

At least you seem gifted with imagination.

BTCTalkAccounts

View Profile
-
June 12, 2013, 01:32:21 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:35:56 PM by BTCTalkAccounts

-
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 01:44:11 PM

Also, just to note in about a month (5th July approx) I will be sending you some interesting information that you probably already know about InstaWallet but have yet to make public. No point telling everyone now when I can't show any proof.
Sure, you'll end up in the Roger Wehbe folder if you're lucky.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:26:06 PM

It's funny how you say I'm such a bad person because of what I do for work when we essentially both do the same thing, you get paid to make MPEX/MPOE look good on the forums, I get paid to make your competitors look good on the forums.

No, you have it exactly backwards. You don't get paid. I do. You dick around trying to "make whatever scam look good". I stick around telling people the truth, with particular inclination for the truth they don't particularly wish to hear. And they complain about it. Specifically, the scammers and scammers-to-be complain that I'm not doing a very good job of what you folks imagine the job is.

You're wrong, on absolutely all scores, starting with what PR means, going through what business and entrepreneurship are and ending in your own estimation of yourself and others. And by wrong I mean exactly backwards.

PS. You're not "part of the competition", for anything whatsoever. To compete you have to do something. You don't do anything.

but anyways, no, you Romanian's wouldn't know anything about them, you've probably never seen one before.

I'm sure they've seen your mom, and since we're on it: plural and possessive work differently in English (two girls, the girl's shoe), and I'm from California.

BTCTalkAccounts

View Profile
-
June 12, 2013, 05:46:04 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:38:57 PM by BTCTalkAccounts

-
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: