Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:16:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]HostCoin:THE WORLD’S FIRST WEBSITE HOSTING SERVICE BUILT ON THE BLOCKCHAIN  (Read 1688 times)
Odeoke

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:41:04 AM

When bounty campaign go live at the moment no update about that looking forward to know. I think so hosting service on blockchain is nice concept so that I will follow this project.
liviux

Activity: 210
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:37:05 AM

Another "first" one?
PS: isn't etherdelta.com system on the blockchain or something like that?
Crypt0Greek

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:29:17 PM

Another "first" one?

And why the Lead Developer needs a helmet ? Grin
zuzuca

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:52:50 PM

Another "first" one?

great question  Grin anyway to lock some funds for 1 year is a lot of time in crypto world. a good ideea , but the deployment time is huge.
blitzer

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:30:55 AM

Tokenlot.com will run the bounty program they will post this here on bitcointalk

When bounty campaign go live at the moment no update about that looking forward to know. I think so hosting service on blockchain is nice concept so that I will follow this project.
Ilmiyati

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:07:48 PM

a very good idea, with pretty neat concepts and planning, I'll study your team more before deciding to join or invest, because this project desperately needs an experienced team set up for the perfect achievement
Good luck
Rengganis

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:33:02 PM

Sounds interesting Smiley

Tokenlot.com will run the bounty program they will post this here on bitcointalk
I'm waiting for this, hopefully bounty runs well, later on, and can make this project grow well
Bouli

Activity: 616
Merit: 104

https://t.me/Zenzo_Telegram

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 02:44:27 PM

They are looking for people who understand Smart Contracts en can give support to the developers, for more info send me a Private Message.

mrbard

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:08:13 PM

pretty excited about the tech here, very interesting!
Danirius09

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:17:01 PM

Waiting for bounty hostcoin sir!
mikeythemachine

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:34:50 AM

Another "first" one?

Someone mentioned building a site....he heard "Building site" :-)
mikeythemachine

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:46:08 AM

I love this idea but not sure about the team, and the amount of time it'll take to see a return on investment. Half price sounds nice for the pre ico but not sure I can wait a year for the product. Good luck to all involved. I hope you pull it off and I can dive in later when you are nearer your goals.  Smiley
techo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:50:21 AM

looking good. Good luck.
madeshwaran

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:47:20 AM

Host coin pre sale was started and half the 50% of coin sold in pre sale.within 3 weeks switch to ICO(initial coin offering)
For further details visit the whitepaper in www.Hostcoin.io
bitflexing

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:56:58 AM

waaaaaiiiiittt I have 1 question! Why hostcoin.host uses WHMCS platform? and why you guys didn't even customize it? You guys used the simple template by ThemeMetro and didn't even work on it. mm you guys want to raise millions? Do some work pls, or at least invest time in really building the product, not using hype of ICO market to raise fund and showing some b.s. beta's just to show something.(SHAME)

In my opinion, you guys failed, but if you think you can manage to work on this and show some real product, I am first to invest!
Valryan

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 11:50:03 AM

waaaaaiiiiittt I have 1 question! Why hostcoin.host uses WHMCS platform? and why you guys didn't even customize it? You guys used the simple template by ThemeMetro and didn't even work on it. mm you guys want to raise millions? Do some work pls, or at least invest time in really building the product, not using hype of ICO market to raise fund and showing some b.s. beta's just to show something.(SHAME)

In my opinion, you guys failed, but if you think you can manage to work on this and show some real product, I am first to invest!

Hostcoin.host is used to be a test environment for server management, training in resolving regular possible issues and gaining expirience for tech team members . It's not related to hostcoin as blockchain hosting, and here we offer free cpanel for users just as a bonus.. Why do you think its our ready to use "product"?...
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:46:02 PM

Very interesting !

So basically it is the same as Namecoin (decentralized DNS on the blockchain), but it also has hosted websites directly on the blockchain , while Namecoin is just DNS pointing to normal "traditional" server IPs.

But how about privacy?
If you host a website on Hostcoin, you are hosting it on your local computer, right?
You may not want to reveal your real IP in case of prosecution by the gov ( as you know, they hinder free speech ).

The best so far used to be TOR/I2P Hidden Services, that let you host a website locally without revealing where it is actually hosted.

Can Hostcoin be an alternative to .onion/garlic sites?
Lionel

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:02:13 AM

Are you alive?

Your project has potential because of the growing internet censorship by the govs, so there will be a need for a decentralized solution to fight that.

But you have to market it properly and the first step is at least being active on the official forum.

You are not active since the 29 January come on!
Valryan

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 01:52:42 AM

Are you alive?

Your project has potential because of the growing internet censorship by the govs, so there will be a need for a decentralized solution to fight that.

But you have to market it properly and the first step is at least being active on the official forum.

Yes, we are!
https://hostcoin.io
https://t.me/hostcoin
Lionel

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

Are you alive?

Yes, we are!
https://hostcoin.io
https://t.me/hostcoin

I am only skeptical about usability.
How are the people supposed to browse Hostcoin sites?

The main problem with Namecoin was not being officially integrated with either existing browsers or the Namecoin wallet itself.
People is supposed to install 3rd party browser plugins  to be able to resolve Namecoin websites, and 3rd party plugins are less trustworthy than an official one.

Or they should manually do complicated setups.

I hope you will provide official browser plugins, or dedicated browsers like TOR , maybe integrated into your wallet.

Trust and ease of use is very important to let the Hostcoin web become popular, like TOR hidden services or even more hopefully.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: