Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:53:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Switzerland is gradually turning into "the bitcoin country"  (Read 828 times)
zycrypto (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

ZyCrypto:Cryptocurrency Daily News /Coins Analysis

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 09:49:02 AM

If there is any country which has thoroughly supported Cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin, it definitely would be Switzerland.

Firstly chiasso in Switzerland had stated earlier last month that taxes can now be paid in bitcoin in the town, which I've not yet seen any country or city to do so, if you have, please comment the name of the city and country below.

Read More=> https://zycrypto.com/switzerland-gradually-turning-bitcoin-country/

davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:17:40 AM

If there is any country which has thoroughly supported Cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin, it definitely would be Switzerland.

Firstly chiasso in Switzerland had stated earlier last month that taxes can now be paid in bitcoin in the town, which I've not yet seen any country or city to do so, if you have, please comment the name of the city and country below.

It`s normal that the most democratic country in the world will accept the most democratic  digital currency.
Switzerland is a very innovation-friendly country and they should help for bitcoin mass adoption.
Anyway,it`s just one town.I don`t know about any other countries and towns that accept bitcoin taxation.

ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:18:06 AM

Please stop promoting your own website in this forum.I understand it's nice way to promote but still STOP IT.You can't advertise like that and to your question i only know of Japan and now Switzerland that have adopted bitcoin this good.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:24:17 AM

Switzerland is indeed one of the most liberal laws regarding bitcoin but it's a start. Remember how popular were the Swiss banks? We now know that they have completely lost confidence after they started to work closely with the FBI. Maybe Switzerland is trying to restore its credibility in bitcoin.
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:27:29 AM

Switzerland is a small country and I dont think it will make it more popular.I think bitcoin community should work to convince china government to unban crypto in their country
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:46:01 AM

truly bitcoin are turn to become famous swtzerland are the one of th moste popular country in the name of good economy nice to heard switzerland is small country but rich in term of the economy glad to heard of that news for bitcoin.
diagla

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:52:39 AM

How exactly is Switzerland turning into the Bitcoin country? I thought it was famous for hiding offshore wealth to evade taxes. Tongue
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:01:18 AM

This is good. More and more countries are turning into a bitcoin country and it is amazing to tell that bitcoin is getting recognized or noticed by the countries like switzerland. I hope that in the future, we can see more and more country that will adopt bitcoin and use it as a secondary currency for their country and use it to develop their economy and help bitcoin too.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:02:16 AM

I really think that is already possible to do that in Japan as well. They do accept it as legal tender, so shouldn't that also mean that Japanese citizens can choose to pays taxes with bitcoin if they want to? What really impressed me with that article, is that apparently there are Universities accepting bitcoin as a payment for its tuition, and that is something new to me, and will definitely help to spread the word about bitcoin.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:03:05 AM

Swizz are one step ahead of time, and they are very smart, I must say, collecting taxes in Bitcoins means double the income, for them when ever the price increases, also I believe they were accepting it for tourism also. Just a few hours to this post, some one had posted that that their school's and university are now accepting Bitcoins. I feel they could easily cross the numbers for Bitcoins used by any country, though I feel Japan will be the most used country for Bitcoin.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:05:19 AM

Actually, no. Switzerland isn't a BTC country.
To the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been any sign of BTC support at the confederation level. What we've seen so far are many local initiatives. Like in the small city of Chiasso, or in the canton of Zug, near Zurich.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:10:52 AM

Switzerland has been one of the more bitcoin friendly countries but i wouldn't call it "the bitcoin country". it is not close to that title at all. a "bitcoin country" would be something more like Japan, where bitcoin is actually legalized and regulated, there are not taxes on bitcoin payments, and lots of merchants are accepting bitcoin there. in comparison Switzerland does nothing!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:35:55 AM

Pretty much expected from a country like Switzerland pushing to a move like this, a country's bank which accounted for the storage of most of India's black money. Nevertheless, this is a very ideal foundation for more EU countries to follow suite and allow for Bitcoin to be used throughout the country for various purposes.
kingjofri

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:39:31 AM

I’ve read in the news that The Swiss municipality speacilly in Chiasso (Never heard of the town) is going to let residents pay their taxes in bitcoin(amazeballs), its mayor has announced.
Also according to what I have read is that the community, on Switzerland’s southern border with Italy, is in vie with Zug to be the country’s cryptocurrency center which is more likely that the whole country will follow if this will become a successs. Zug, which styles itself as “Crypto Valley,” launched a pilot last year in which it started accepting bitcoin payments for municipal services. The pilot was apparently a success, so Zug has kept the program running.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:44:19 AM

Although Europe as a whole is distrustful of the crypto currency, it's nice to see that small countries like Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland perceive it positively. Denmark and Sweden in general intend in a few years to go only to digital money, excluding from their turnover of ordinary paper money.

djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:54:26 AM

I agree.

Switzerland don't seem neutral anymore xD

I would also add Japan to that list. As of late they seem to be pretty bullish on bitcoin.

Maybe even Russia, hear they're getting into mining over there..

:]
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:01:35 PM

i don't know! as long as there is Japan i don't think other countries have much of the chance at that title Cheesy

this news in OP is just a tiny "talk" more than things actually happening. and it is such a small one too. if you compare it to Japan, they legalized bitcoin for any kind of payment all over the country!
there is a lot of adoption in Switzerland though, i am not denying that. but it is only in top 10 not the first one.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:04:27 PM

This is good. More and more countries are turning into a bitcoin country and it is amazing to tell that bitcoin is getting recognized or noticed by the countries like switzerland. I hope that in the future, we can see more and more country that will adopt bitcoin and use it as a secondary currency for their country and use it to develop their economy and help bitcoin too.
Yes that is really very nice to hear, and hope that very soon we will be able to hear such good news about, i am hopeful that very soon even those countries who have banned bitcoin in present time i think that in future we can expect that they will also accept bitcoin, because bitcoin is the need of the modern time and therefor every county have to accept bitcoin as legal currency.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:10:28 PM

It`s normal that the most democratic country in the world will accept the most democratic  digital currency.
Switzerland is a very innovation-friendly country and
they should help for bitcoin mass adoption.
Anyway,it`s just one town.I don`t know about any other countries and towns that accept bitcoin taxation.

Switzerland has always been an openminded country. The country don't resist positive changes like those who resist and cheat later to catch up. .
No need to the beg for mass adoption by the way. The inventors of toothbrush never begged anyone to use toothbrush.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:25:38 PM

As more countries ban Bitcoin because they are scared that people use it instead of their national currencies (in a free choice) the countries that give you this freedom of choice like Switzerland, will thrive and will become bitcoin friendly countries with all the powerful whales living there. In Switzerland, there are more and more ATM machines everywhere. You can buy BTC pretty much anywhere in the country now. All the train stations have Bitcoin ATMs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: