Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:41:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom coins airdrop, how to see them in eth wallet  (Read 778 times)
zypa (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:00:27 AM

Hello guys. I just recently got into the bitcoin world and also found out only now about this great and huge community.

I have a newbie question for you, perhaps you could help in any way.

Last night I got myself registered in many airdrops (5) and I would like to monitor if they will give some coins or not.
I use Exodus wallet where to store my etherium and all of them asked the ETH address where to send the coins.

The problem is that I did not bookmark the subforum from where I applied for the airdrops and I do not know how to check now if somebody will send or not the coins since after reading online I need to custom add the new coin in the eth wallet online on myetheriumwallet.

Will I see automatically if anybody will give me some coins or I need to add all these coins manually and then check if somebody will give me coins or not?
Thanks and I salute you from Italy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anthony1985

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:02:29 AM

Hi There

I'm not sure if you're supposed to give them the address of your ETH from your Exodus wallet.

I believe you should give them the one from http://myetherwallet.com

Hope it helps
theguy217

Activity: 76
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:08:19 AM

First of all head over to etherscan and ethplorer and see if you've received any tokens.

Will I see automatically if anybody will give me some coins or I need to add all these coins manually and then check if somebody will give me coins or not?

I have no idea if exodus is compatible with erc-20 tokens or not but I'm myetherwallet.com is !

So get your private keys and login to myetherwallet. Next you have to add the token to your wallet by adding the following info to the right:

contact address, symbol, number of decimals.

If you checked on etherscan and found your tokens you can get this info from the token page.
zypa (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:42:49 AM

I have taken my secret key and put it in myetheriumwallet and saw nothing. That is ok because they should (if they) put the coins this coming week.

But do I have to manually add the new coin address and wait to receive something or can I just wait and once somebody puts the new unregistered coin it will show up automatically In the website?  The only problem is that I do not remember all the token names where I applied for Smiley
 Thanks
Anthony1985

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:22:23 AM

I have taken my secret key and put it in myetheriumwallet and saw nothing. That is ok because they should (if they) put the coins this coming week.

But do I have to manually add the new coin address and wait to receive something or can I just wait and once somebody puts the new unregistered coin it will show up automatically In the website?  The only problem is that I do not remember all the token names where I applied for Smiley
 Thanks

I'm not sure if you need to add the token before you receive it or you can just add it after.

To see where you applied you can click on "show new replies to your posts" close to your profile image

Maybe someone more expert can let us know about how it works on adding the tokens
AntSharing

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:25:58 AM

You can check in etherscan.io

Or you can add the token any copy in the contact addres, decimals and the name.

Both would you make able to see the tokens
liviux

Activity: 210
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:10:24 PM

There were a lot of fake airdrops on this website the last days, after the huge (and unexpected) success of eBTC.
There's a big probability you won't receive anything, so don't be sad, good sir.
And next time use a myetherwallet address and bookmark or use google spreadsheet or something like that so you can remember for what you had signed up.

google "ethereum explorer" or if you did any waves token airdrop, google " waves explorer". There you have to enter your address and you will see any  transactions
zypa (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:32:44 PM

ok, clear.

I do not understand why fake drops, what are they doing with the data they gather then?
thanks
Anthony1985

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:41:30 PM

ok, clear.

I do not understand why fake drops, what are they doing with the data they gather then?
thanks

Seems like they want to get the users information.

You should be able to recognize the legit airdrops
GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:28:07 PM

Hello guys. I just recently got into the bitcoin world and also found out only now about this great and huge community.

I have a newbie question for you, perhaps you could help in any way.

Last night I got myself registered in many airdrops (5) and I would like to monitor if they will give some coins or not.
I use Exodus wallet where to store my etherium and all of them asked the ETH address where to send the coins.

The problem is that I did not bookmark the subforum from where I applied for the airdrops and I do not know how to check now if somebody will send or not the coins since after reading online I need to custom add the new coin in the eth wallet online on myetheriumwallet.

Thanks and I salute you from Italy
At the very beginning see if you have any etherscan tokens and only then can you think of the answer to this question.
zypa (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:31:55 AM

Thank you very much for your help guys!
Tfak

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:28:54 PM

I thought you had to do nothing. My Kybernetwork airdrop was just dropped in my ether wallet as such. Didn't had to do a thing.
BobBoulder

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:38:16 AM

I'm not sure that the address from the Exodus wallet is acceptable for every AirDrop. You need to check if Exodus support tokens. I read somewhere that MyEtherWallet is a good option for tokens.
My first experience with the Airdrops was that I didn't even know that I received a tokens. I watched the account status on MyEtherWallet and didn't saw any change. Than I accidentally clicked the ethplorer and I was noticed that I had a transaction. So now I know that for some tokens is necessary to add them as custom token. Address, Token Symbol and Decimal numbers are always on the site that offers these tokens. When I enter them in this way their balance is immediately visible to me.
sanyinchen

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 12:12:22 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 11:41:46 AM by sanyinchen

If you are using a ETH wallet that in your computer, you need to add this as a custom coin. But I don’t think you need to do that if your wallet is from https://www.myetherwallet.com. I will give your a example, maybe it will make you clear for it.
For example, I have a eth address:0x8dB23Dc201fc870141b79F481C39683b35aE6538

Q:How to find if someone sent some coins for me?
A:Look at here https://etherscan.io/address/0x8dB23Dc201fc870141b79F481C39683b35aE6538#tokentxns, input your eth address and click check it. You can click “Token Transfer” tab to check if there are transfer history.

Q:How to find what’s coin someone has send to me?
A:Ok,you can find it in your wallet info, if the token is not in exchanging ,maybe you need to wait or you find at herehttps://ethplorer.io/address/0x8db23dc201fc870141b79f481c39683b35ae6538 please replace your eth address

Finally, there is a import point is that one eth address can used for any kinds of token, you don’t need to change your wallet for other token.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: