Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] EBIT - A fair distribution of tokenized erc20 bitcoins  (Read 1778 times)
ebit-token (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:34:29 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 10:33:58 AM by ebit-token

EBIT - A fair distribution of tokenized erc20 bitcoins

There is a recent demand for erc20 capable currency, but projects that have launched so far have had worrisome distribution methods. Airdrops, prizes, icos, all lack the transparency required to prove a fair distribution method. EBIT will credit users with their bitcoin balance, like a true bitcoin fork.

How to claim your EBIT tokens **UPDATED 10/10/17**

To claim your EBIT tokens, simply send a bitcoin transaction with the signed message, "EBIT 0x0000000000000000000000000000" where "0x000..." is replaced with the ethereum address which will receive the claimed EBIT tokens. This signed message can be sent to any address. You may use the same ethereum address in your messages from multiple bitcoin addresses. We encourage this to reduce gas costs at time of distribution. Do not send your claimant message from any coinbase account or other exchange that allows messages. Exchanges often update wallet addresses, and you risk not receiving your tokens.

The message must be sent to the blockchain using the OP_RETURN script available in bitcoin.

If you hold BTC on any exchanges and you support this project, we encourage you to ask the exchange to also support this token, and take the steps to claim and credit their users with their balances. Otherwise you will need to withdraw your BTC to your own wallet before the November 6th snapshot, in order to receive your EBIT tokens.

Fork/snapshot time is currently scheduled to occur on November 6th, 12:00 UTC

After the snapshot block takes place, tokens will become available within 24 hours.

Please feel free to ask questions, give concerns or other comments.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 02:55:16 PM

How hard is it to declare these Etherium coins? I see them come out ever 20 minutes???

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ebit-token (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:27:27 PM

Creating an ethereum token is not difficult, and many projects seem to be nothing more than cash-grabs. This is why we are choosing to distribute based solely on bitcoin balances during time of fork, rather than holding an ico, or doing an airdrop, etc.

We believe there are significant advantages and demand to have a powerful currency as an erc20 token, but we do not believe "cash-grab" projects will have any long term potential. By distributing EBIT as a BTC balance fork, we will generate interest from exchanges who hold BTC, as well as long term BTC holders, instead of interest from ico-flippers and exchanges paid off by dev teams.
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:35:52 PM

Did this mean that everyone who purchase this coin will directly getting a bitcoin instead of this EBIT coins, or did I understand it wrong?
ebit-token (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:50:25 PM

Did this mean that everyone who purchase this coin will directly getting a bitcoin instead of this EBIT coins, or did I understand it wrong?

No. There will be no purchasing or selling of this coin until after it is available on exchanges. All coins will be distributed to people based on their bitcoin balance at the time of launch (fork).

It will not cost anything to obtain this token, only proof of bitcoin address ownership. Nobody will be asked for their email, name, or any other information for this process.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:53:25 PM

So, November 6 is the date of bitcoin snapshot?
ebit-token (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:00:15 PM

So, November 6 is the date of bitcoin snapshot?

Yes. We will snapshot at the first block solved after 12:00 UTC on November 6th.

EBIT tokens will be distributed within 24 hours of the snapshot.
Veter2000

Activity: 1512
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:08:17 PM

How will accrual for purses? And what about the Bitcoin wallets on the stock exchange?
bantalguling

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:15:35 PM

I will keep the latest news from this project because I am interested to follow it ico from the project can be successful and the project can run with what we want.
ebit-token (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:45:56 PM

How will accrual for purses? And what about the Bitcoin wallets on the stock exchange?

The process for claiming your EBIT balance will require that you are able to send a signed message from your BTC address. If you have BTC in a wallet that you do not contain the private keys of, it will be at the discretion of the wallet owner on whether or not they take the steps to claim and distribute EBIT on their platform.
spiderlee

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:41:36 PM

what is the mean goal of EBIT?
Florg

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Information Sponge

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 09:46:59 PM

Interesting, so this si kind of like CLAM where you take a snapshot of the blockchain and coins are claimed based on that?  Do we just put in a BTC address to claim the coins later or how does it work.  I hold some BTC and I don't want to miss out on any free opportunities.  Will this also support exchange wallets or only personal wallet balances?

Keep your private keys safe!

https://www.ledgerwallet.com/
Mrtree420

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:48:11 PM

Am keeping an eye on this. Huh
SidharthMalhotra

Activity: 222

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:50:18 PM

Interesting, will there be minimum ETH requirement ?
If the value is too low then there will be so many addresses that gas fee will have a big value.
If the value is too high then there will not be broad adoption.
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:50:48 PM

wait youre open airdrop dev

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:03:32 PM

How hard is it to declare these Etherium coins? I see them come out ever 20 minutes???

I think people now understand why China need to cancel ICOs over there, all these E-tokens are just popping up like a weed, hardly will one not see them on any page open in Alt coin discussion and announcement section

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Shemyazael

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:08:13 PM

How exactly will this work?
kabirulhasan

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:37:20 PM

I am interested to follow it
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:41:54 PM

How exactly will this work?
A snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain will be made and if you own any bitcoin on an address that you own your private key to
you will get the same amount in EBIT if you can sign a message proving that you own the bitcoin address.
It's a pretty good idea imo, as the OP said like a true "fork" of bitcoin but on the ethereum blockchain.

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:48:02 PM

Interesting, will there be minimum ETH requirement ?
If the value is too low then there will be so many addresses that gas fee will have a big value.
If the value is too high then there will not be broad adoption.

It should be "minimum BTC" because it is based on BTC, but claim ETH token...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: