Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:55:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Permaban?  (Read 246 times)
Robot1987 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:47:02 PM

Hey guys,

my former account is banned since july after first time strike. Any idea how to get as much as "fuck off" from the moderator? There is no communication whatsoever, so I have no idea, if the ordeal is supposed to teach me a lesson or make me use another account since the last one is all but deleted.

By the way, the first time strike was fully warranted as I admitted in the appeal, no problem there and I did apologize for ignoring the rules earlier:

Hello,

would you kindly consider my appeal to account ban lasting since july? It was regrettable sin (copying and pasting - altough sourced) and my first time strike on Bitcointalk forum in the four years I frequent it.

Thank you for your time and effort,

have a nice day.

User 166543, aka Okurkabinladin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:48:47 PM

Hey guys,

my former account is banned since july after first time strike. Any idea how to get as much as "fuck off" from the moderator? There is no communication whatsoever, so I have no idea, if the ordeal is supposed to teach me a lesson or make me use another account since the last one is all but deleted.

By the way, the first time strike was fully warranted as I admitted in the appeal, no problem there and I did apologize for ignoring the rules earlier:

Hello,

would you kindly consider my appeal to account ban lasting since july? It was regrettable sin (copying and pasting - altough sourced) and my first time strike on Bitcointalk forum in the four years I frequent it.

Thank you for your time and effort,

have a nice day.

User 166543, aka Okurkabinladin

I believe that if you are tempbanned, you would still be able to login, according to various people,

Quote from: JessicaSe
Only admin can see if the account is banned, and if you are owner of the account you can see ban message when you login,not other users can find if the account is banned or not.

Which, in your case, means you have probably been perma banned / nuked. Unfortunately, there is no coming back from that, you won't be able to appeal it, and, if an admininstrator/moderator finds out you have a new account, there is a high possibility you will be banned aswell, according to;

Quote from: Mitchell
A permanent ban means that you are permanently banned and not allowed to come back, ever.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1497033.0

I guess you could deem yourself lucky that you are still able to post.

Robot1987 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:59:04 PM

Adolf,

thanks for taking time to answer. Let me clarify.

I believe that if you are tempbanned, you would still be able to login, according to various people,

I am able to login to old account the entire time (three months) just not to post. There was no private message accompanying the ban, so I had to figure out, that the action was tied to either very last post (first and only one, that was deleted since october 2013) or even more likely moderater running on thin side of patience. Again, I didnt dispute, that I made bad decision, answering mundane question with sourced answer from another thread.

Which, in your case, means you have probably been perma banned / nuked. Unfortunately, there is no coming back from that, you won't be able to appeal it, and, if an admininstrator/moderator finds out you have a new account, there is a high possibility you will be banned aswell, according to;

I know, however, this is likely the only way I will get any communication going at all, Ive send three appeals to email address, that showed up in my account after the strike (Ive send one every month), but didnt get response  Wink if I am persona non grata, then mods can IP ban me and be done with it, there would be no reason to let me keep access to old account.

Robot1987 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:14:01 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 06:40:40 PM by Robot1987

I figured out, that keeping this in meta section might be more productive. I am not able to delete my own thread here, so if any mod will see and read this message: Feel free to lock down and/or delete it here to avoid duplicity.

Also thanks to Adolf for taking time to read and respond.

EDIT: Just noticed, the thread was moved. From Beginners and help to meta section.
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:43:49 PM

It's pretty strange they banned you because you copy and pasted a post (but putting the source). It is similar to a quote if you write where you copied it and it's pretty clear the original source isn't you...
Robot1987 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:45:46 AM

Hey Boseda,
the very last post was deleted, but back logging my history shouldnt be a problem for anyone. Of course mods have a ton of that and more on their back and I am not special snowflake or Virgin Mary... yet I havent posted on the forum for months (before today) for the sole reason of waiting for an email answer to my appeal. To no avail.

So thank you for the input, any sort of feedback feels like blessing right now.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 12:49:49 AM

Evading your (perma-)ban is not going to help you build your case.

-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg22683294#msg22683294
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33050.msg22682853#msg22682853
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2009698.msg20194996#msg20194996

You as a person are banned from posting on the forum, not just the respective account.
While you are banned, you're only allowed to post in the Meta section, and only in threads appleaing your ban.

Only newbie accounts can be nuked, the account in question is a hero account.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Robot1987 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:58:15 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 01:16:41 AM by Robot1987

Evading your (perma-)ban is not going to help you build your case.

-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg22683294#msg22683294
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33050.msg22682853#msg22682853
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2009698.msg20194996#msg20194996

You as a person are banned from posting on the forum, not just the respective account.
While you are banned, you're only allowed to post in the Meta section, and only in threads appleaing your ban.

Sir,

the last post is from the day this account was founded - day after the old one was neutered. 17th july. I refrained from posting the very same day as I have read from the Lauda in this section, that in some special cases he is teaching sinners a lesson in form of month+ ban.  

The second one is asking my country compatriots about this very issue couple of hours ago before moving here. They told me to ask the mods directly on the forum, if the email is not working out.

EDIT: On 17th july, Ive also read from another member, that posting outside meta section is frowned upon, when dealing with any account issues, so I put that and Laudas comment into perspective and observed forum for the last three months. Thank you for reminding me. The only reason I logged in today and started wasting everybodys time is lack of any feedback.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: