Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:48:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: .422 BTC Lost of simple change of latest Bread Wallet iOS  (Read 368 times)
mrhelpful (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:49:02 PM

Today this morning the app wouldnt just let me be in my app for whatever reason.

I lost .44 because I cant access to a 6 digit pin because of the 4 digit pin that was used on the bread wallet ios version.

Now I know I`m fucked because I tried to recover my wallet balance with the recovery phrase that was given at the time and that didnt work at all which always worked for me.

So good luck. I`m out of $1,800 usd. Learn from my mistake just stick with another btc wallet that has more chances of recovering your wallet.

I`m typing this as I`m about to go smoke a cig because that was basically part of a miner money and the support pretty much is giving me "oh well dude".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:44:30 PM

Today this morning the app wouldnt just let me be in my app for whatever reason.

I lost .44 because I cant access to a 6 digit pin because of the 4 digit pin that was used on the bread wallet ios version.

Now I know I`m fucked because I tried to recover my wallet balance with the recovery phrase that was given at the time and that didnt work at all which always worked for me.

So good luck. I`m out of $1,800 usd. Learn from my mistake just stick with another btc wallet that has more chances of recovering your wallet.

I`m typing this as I`m about to go smoke a cig because that was basically part of a miner money and the support pretty much is giving me "oh well dude".

I am feeling so sorry to read such unlucky situation.Can you please give a bit more info why your recovery phrase doesnt work? Maybe you mistyped some words..
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 09:49:22 PM

What a shame bro.. That is why i use an offline wallet to store most part of my bitcoins, and those bitcoins that i use to purchase goods or just to spend in somewher, i store them on my blockchain wallet, it has a lot of security, and if you lost your password or your identificator you can easily recover them.
I dont like those wallets that have 1000 layers of security, i think that are unnecesary if you know how to take care of your OWN security.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:18:34 PM

How many words do your recovery phrase have? If it has 12-word seed since its the common numbers for recovery seed, you can try to paste it on electrum or even on blockchain to recover your funds. Double check the word's spelling and the order of it. Because once you mispelled even once and interchange it's order, it will make a new set of addresses
joshki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:28:33 PM

The keys are likely still on your device, and can probably be forensically recovered.

Whether it's worth doing that for 1800 bucks is up to you - I would probably do it.
joshki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:29:08 PM

How many words do your recovery phrase have? If it has 12-word seed since its the common numbers for recovery seed, you can try to paste it on electrum or even on blockchain to recover your funds. Double check the word's spelling and the order of it. Because once you mispelled even once and interchange it's order, it will make a new set of addresses

Good point also.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:53:52 PM

Sorry for your lose you learn right now honestly i don't trust any new wallet
I think there are still chance to recover it you are just gave up easily don't give up and try it again with other pc or phone.
If you had the pass phrase you have a chance to recover it i think there is mnemonic phrase here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mnemonic_phrase
you can see the word list and better to check your  phrase correctly by using the word listed.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:30:55 AM

Sorry for your loss.

But are you sure that everything is lost, and what made the app change the no. of pin from four digits to six? Maybe its also good to warn other users of the bug, if its only a bug, on their subreddit.

If you are lucky, you might find someone who had the same problem but has recovered the BTC.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:30:54 PM

Sorry for your loss.

But are you sure that everything is lost, and what made the app change the no. of pin from four digits to six? Maybe its also good to warn other users of the bug, if its only a bug, on their subreddit.

If you are lucky, you might find someone who had the same problem but has recovered the BTC.
This suggestion would be good and its not too late or would easily give up on this kind of situation.Im wondering how those recovery phrase doesn't work? If those words did work back in the past then it should work for now also.It is somehow a bug or what? Bread wallet on ios version does really have 4 digit code for now I wasn't inform on the latest updates. Sorry for your loss man but try out the possible things that would able to recover your bitcoin. 0.44 btc is a lot man. $1800 isn't a joke amount and would really be worth to find the most possible solution on this one.

Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:19:50 PM

Sorry for your loss.

This suggestion would be good and its not too late or would easily give up on this kind of situation.Im wondering how those recovery phrase doesn't work? If those words did work back in the past then it should work for now also.It is somehow a bug or what? Bread wallet on ios version does really have 4 digit code for now I wasn't inform on the latest updates. Sorry for your loss man but try out the possible things that would able to recover your bitcoin. 0.44 btc is a lot man. $1800 isn't a joke amount and would really be worth to find the most possible solution on this one.

Agree, looks like the OP has given up already. $1800 is no joke and that is huge some of money. Heck, that's even worth one month of salary in a third world country. And as one members have suggested, double check everything the spelling the order of you mnemonic or recovery phrase. Bread wallet seems to be trusted, I think support will give you help. If I were the OP I will do everything on my end to recover it and not easily give up. Goodluck though and maybe one day you can go back and try to recover it.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██