Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] [WTS] Sapphire 5970 - in US 2.9BTC  (Read 1305 times)
ultraimports (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:53:40 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 11:29:21 PM by ultraimports

I have a sapphire 5970 that I use to hash away. Right now its enjoying serving me some PPcoin (just cuz). Its getting about 630mh/s with stock settings (I haven't really played with this card) as you can see both GPU's are working fine. I just replaced the fan as it was getting noisy, never overheated (I cleaned off the thermal paste and replaced with fresh arctic silver) the old fan had bad bearings. Sounds like new now. I'm in no hurry to rid it, but time to move on from it. I'll go for offers right now to see if anyone is even interested.

BTC2.9 plus shipping to US, international will pay more for shipping ...escrow willing, you pay fees. John K would be my escrow recommendation, but you may pick who you like as long as I trust as well.

I have had other sales on this forum (just search) one recent and one or two from a couple years back no negative feedback. Ebay feedback/paypal/etc. all verifiable.

Thank you!
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 10:49:16 AM

I have a sapphire 5970 that I use to hash away. Right now its enjoying serving me some PPcoin (just cuz). Its getting about 630mh/s with stock settings (I haven't really played with this card) as you can see both GPU's are working fine. I just replaced the fan as it was getting noisy, never overheated (I cleaned off the thermal paste and replaced with fresh arctic silver) the old fan had bad bearings. Sounds like new now. I'm in no hurry to rid it, but time to move on from it. I'll go for offers right now to see if anyone is even interested.

I take offer in BTC/LTC maybe other altcoins if I feel like it  ...escrow willing, you pay fees and shipping. John K would be my escrow recommendation, but you may pick who you like as long as I trust as well.

I have had other sales on this forum (just search) one recent and one or two from a couple years back no negative feedback. Ebay feedback/paypal/etc. all verifiable.

Thank you!
ah, 80oC... damn scrypt

if someone buys this fellow's 5970 and wants some more, i have some i can sell too
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:51:28 AM

I take offer in BTC/LTC maybe other altcoins if I feel like it  ...escrow willing, you pay fees and shipping. John K would be my escrow recommendation, but you may pick who you like as long as I trust as well.

Thank you!
ah, 80oC... damn scrypt

if someone buys this fellow's 5970 and wants some more, i have some i can sell too

Thats not scrypt Smiley ...but, I have the TRIXX fan settings on 'automatic' and I tend to think it lets it get hot. Usually, I like to customize the fan speed, but that may have been what wore out the other fan's bearings. If i set it to 80% around 77oC, its LOOUUUUDD!! Smiley ....but it can stay cool if you don't mind parking an airplane in your home for hours on end.
zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 10:53:41 AM

Thank you!
ah, 80oC... damn scrypt

Thats not scrypt Smiley ...but, I have the TRIXX fan settings on 'automatic' and I tend to think it lets it get hot. Usually, I like to customize the fan speed, but that may have been what wore out the other fan's bearings. If i set it to 80% around 77oC, its LOOUUUUDD!! Smiley ....but it can stay cool if you don't mind parking an airplane in your home for hours on end.
oh yeah.... haha.. i never leave those fans on automatic...   yeah, they still go like 50% at 75oC or something  Grin
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:01:32 PM

Price added.
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:41:49 PM

ttt
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:39:44 PM

Price lowered.
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:54:49 PM

Beuller?
computerparts

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:32:29 AM

ridiculous price is ridiculous
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:51:37 AM

Oh, now you are the expert on prices of used video cards? If you have nothing to add to a post, please stay the F out of it with your useless opinion. Noticed you didn't even make a low-ball offer.... Roll Eyes
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:50:48 PM

bump for those who opine in for sale forums.... Grin
zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 07:22:15 PM

Oh, now you are the expert on prices of used video cards? If you have nothing to add to a post, please stay the F out of it with your useless opinion. Noticed you didn't even make a low-ball offer.... Roll Eyes
2.9 price is fine, but I think you'll end up having to sell it on ebay or amazon.

so far i've sold 1 card via these forums and 4 via ebay/amazon
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 11:22:34 PM

2.9 price is fine, but I think you'll end up having to sell it on ebay or amazon.

What was your avg ebay price? I hate getting hammered for about 15% of my sale Sad
snowcrashed

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:03:36 AM

He's right.  Why would someone buy an old used 5970 series card for over $300 when you can get a new 7950 off newegg for $280? You get more hashes, cooler operating temperature, longer life span and a warranty for less money.  There's no reason to pay that type of money for a used card, unless someone happens to like having harder-to-acquire cards.
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:15:01 PM

He's right.  Why would someone buy an old used 5970 series card for over $300 when you can get a new 7950 off newegg for $280? You get more hashes, cooler operating temperature, longer life span and a warranty for less money.  There's no reason to pay that type of money for a used card, unless someone happens to like having harder-to-acquire cards.
Oh lord....

No, he's not right, and neither are you. I also had a 7950, and did not get hear 500mh/s (I dont OC in fear of crapping my cards out). If you play with the OC settings you can get close to 600 sure, but if you play with the 5970 you can also get close to 800, but I am not advertising that as you should not advertise you ridiculous remark.

This 5970 gets 630 w/o touching it, and the BTC exchange has this in the low $300 mark. So, stop trying to hope things are 'FREE' (why would you visit a for sale thread then complain about price unless you are a lowballer by nature?) and stay out unless you are posting an offer. Go buy the 7950 on newegg and STFU...you post gave no positive info to give.
snowcrashed

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:14:07 PM

Oh lord....

No, he's not right, and neither are you. I also had a 7950, and did not get hear 500mh/s (I dont OC in fear of crapping my cards out). If you play with the OC settings you can get close to 600 sure, but if you play with the 5970 you can also get close to 800, but I am not advertising that as you should not advertise you ridiculous remark.

This 5970 gets 630 w/o touching it, and the BTC exchange has this in the low $300 mark. So, stop trying to hope things are 'FREE' (why would you visit a for sale thread then complain about price unless you are a lowballer by nature?) and stay out unless you are posting an offer. Go buy the 7950 on newegg and STFU...you post gave no positive info to give.

Your numbers are way off.  7950s are easily capable of 650+ without stressing them.  I have several which run at 65-67C and are doing 660.  There's no reason to ignore optimizing a GPU's settings.

Not sure where you got the idea that I wanted this card for free from you.  And you shouldn't be insulting me in other threads because you disagree with my opinion here.  You complain about "useless off-topic" comments then as a reaction, you go and do the very thing you are complaining about, very mature and logical.  You're a very sensitive person, perhaps you should consider abstaining from message boards and the internet in general if you get upset so easily.
ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:43:48 PM

Oh lord....

Your numbers are way off.  7950s are easily capable of 650+ without stressing them.  I have several which run at 65-67C and are doing 660.  There's no reason to ignore optimizing a GPU's settings.

Not sure where you got the idea that I wanted this card for free from you.  And you shouldn't be insulting me in other threads because you disagree with my opinion here.  You complain about "useless off-topic" comments then as a reaction, you go and do the very thing you are complaining about, very mature and logical.  You're a very sensitive person, perhaps you should consider abstaining from message boards and the internet in general if you get upset so easily.

OK, talk about sensitive. I was just letting you know that you post garbage. This isnt the only post where you complain about cost. I think its great that you get 7950's @ 660mh/s and I think you are the smartest person here. Someone of your stature could then take a card like this, and get 800-900 mh/s for only $40 more than your 7950, right? The point of a FS post is to sell something right? I don't think I ever asked "Hey, what do you think of the cost?" If you are looking at posts in the marketplace, you are either:

a) looking to buy something
b) looking to just be an arse in others' posts
c) looking at average costs to price hardware out

Most of the time, when people complain about the cost, its because they do not want to pay the price being asked (I've been in sales before). If you were negotiating, that would be one thing, but you flat out just tried to slam the price. I am sure most people on this board know they can buy 7950's on Newegg, so there was no need for that public announcement. So, I guess what upsets me is the pure fundamental belief that you just want to trash others' posts. You could have shown your protest to the price by simply not buying - in the free market, I would either cancel the sale or lower the price, right?

Oh, and if one were interested, they could convert USD to BTC and get this card for about $290. They could then sell on Ebay, and deal with the fees (we all hate those) for a lot more than that. Also, your posts never really explained how my prices are ridiculous. You just made a statement minus any facts (math would be nice to see) to prove your theory...

Perhaps you would buy it for 2btc?
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:54:03 PM

He's right.  Why would someone buy an old used 5970 series card for over $300 when you can get a new 7950 off newegg for $280? You get more hashes, cooler operating temperature, longer life span and a warranty for less money.  There's no reason to pay that type of money for a used card, unless someone happens to like having harder-to-acquire cards.

To be fair, I can't seem to sell any of my 7950s either...(but they only hash in 500 - 550 range out of the box) I'm only asking 2.5btc and nobody seems interested. I'd really like to avoid the timesink and price gouging over at ebay... but I may have no choice.

ultraimports (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:55:24 PM

To be fair, I can't seem to sell any of my 7950s either... I'm only asking 2.5btc and nobody seems interested. I'd really like to avoid the timesink and price gouging over at ebay... but I may have no choice.

I think I sold my 3 week old 7950 here for 2.1 btc (converted value was about $230USD at the time) Sad ....so, yeah, its tough selling GPU's here, especially with the rise if ASIC/FPGA sales....oh well, we win some, we lose some.
zvs
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 11:17:14 PM

What was your avg ebay price? I hate getting hammered for about 15% of my sale Sad

Two 5830's on Amazon for $84 + shipping (which amazon reimburses you for).  Amazon fees are a lot less than eBay.

On eBay, I sold two 5870's for $140 each and "free shipping" (clearing about $115 each, I'd guess, after shipping).  I paid a $20 fee to set up a shop (for one month) that reduces the commission amount like 5%..

Shipping costs a bit more since (imo) for anything over $50, you should require signature verification
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: