Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to securely buy and hold onto bitcoin...?  (Read 972 times)
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:44:18 PM

I have heard of many people and companies having their bitcoins lost or stolen.

That being said:
What is the safest way to buy and store bitcoin?

Thank you

Bitcoin is untraceable , nobody's its hard or maybe impossible to track the transaction . Online wallets are to much risky. Breaking the security isn't hard for hackers that's why i always recommend my friends to use hardware wallet to store your bitcoins. Just spend 100$ for hardware wallet and protect your wallet to being hacked or stolen. Desktop wallet is the second best good choice.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:46:44 PM

You could buy bitcoins from any reputed exchange.But don't leave your bitcoins there.Download a new wallet ,for example from Electrum.org website and install it in your desk top.Don't ever give your private keys to any one giving offers that your investment will be doubled.

You could buy bitcoins from poloniex or bittrex exchange.Never leave your bitcoins in any exchange as it may get hacked as it previously occurred in Mt.Gox exchange.

I'm usually use local exchanger for convert my btc into fiat and for secure wallet, I recommend electrum also ( offline wallet )
I've been using over 6 year and I was use blockchain over 3 years until they disable pay to many feature.
So yeah.. it's recommend to save at offline wallet rather than online / exchangers

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:53:16 PM

By storing bitcoins you will not trust third party wallets. Because of this, bitcoin loss is often the case. Even though it is said to be secure. Because hackers can afford to open our accounts. So you should be in the wallet to hold the private keys. Anyone who attempts to make your wallet can not open it because you need to place almost one letter, number, and other no # in the next sequence.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 04:33:29 PM

That being said:

Thank you

i had never experienced before like Stolen or lost the coins maybe the companies buy the bitcoin at high price after that the price fall down and they thought someone stole there coins. Anyways if you have huge amount of bitcoin on your wallet you should move to hardware wallets of any offline wallets. Just spend some dollars on hardware wallets and save the coin forever
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 05:32:32 PM

You can use Coinbase.com using your credit card.
or you could buy using localbitcoins.com (I use it too)

After getting your bitcoins for fiat you could store them
in a cold wallet such as Nano Ledger S or Trezor.

P.S. Remember to make copies of your private key and
keep it in several places

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:35:24 PM

Safest and cheapest way to buy bitcoin is through coinbase, bitstamp like established trading platform.

Safest way to store your bought bitcoin is to use hardware wallet like trezor. Cheapest and safest cold storage solution is paper wallet.

You have to keep in mind that you should never share your backup phrase or private key of your bitcoin wallet/address with anyone else and should always make proper backup of your wallet so that you can access your wallet in future without any issue. 
sheamus10

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:50:53 PM

Better we save in local exchanger that exist in your country, because if we save there security is assured. Now it's a lot of theft especially for bitcoin storage, a lot of people who want to get a lot of coins especially for our old account.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:55:30 PM

If you have a big amount of bitcoin better get your own paper wallet so you can secure your bitcoin even for a long period of time. You can still have an online wallet but it is recommended not to use only one wallet because if that's will be hack you can lose everything in an instant unlike if you have different wallets. Also good encryption is important so no one can find it stealing getting your savings and investments
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:55:59 PM

For safety of your coins you need to read all safety rules about this and for secure buying and selling its also need some work as every time use escrow for this because without this any one can scam you and use safe sites for your purchasing is good for you store in wallets which you have control never share your phrase and key with any one
Jose21

Activity: 109
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:01:00 PM

That being said:

Thank you

I suggest that you used a secured site when storing your bitcoin online. You can if its a secured site by just seeing the green lock next to the url of the following site you are using. First of all if you want to securely buy and hold onto bitcoin use a exchanger that is easy used and have many verification and confirmation before you can withdraw your bitcoins. My advice also to you that you must used two wallets , the one is for storing your bitcoin and the other is for trading your bitcoin.
whitemacna

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:58:31 AM

To secure your bitcoin you should only trade to legit site...so how do you know if the site is legit...make some review in that site...do some research and ask for some feedbackto move those coins to a storage method, where you have sole control over your private keys
jancukiyah

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:39:52 AM

To secure your bitcoin for buy, sell or store it, you must search the wallet that had a private key, private key that just you own and know about it. For know what the wallet can save your bitcoin, you must research all about bitcoin wallet that all people used. Search some review about bitcoin wallet that have private key.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: