Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:49:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I expect BTC dump before another fork?  (Read 1323 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:11:22 AM

Bitcoin is unpredictable so better expect the unexpected..it can increased and reach $6000 this week but it can also drop and may reach $3500 we all don't know all we have is the hope that bitcoin will continue to be successful and that it keeps increasing its taking risk and taking chances.

things aren't really that unpredictable though! maybe to people who are new and unfamiliar with bitcoin market it seems unpredictable but it really is not. for example $6000 in 1 week is not going to happen the same way $3500 is not.
right now the fork drama is starting up but it is not really that big a deal. so you can be sure the rise is going to continue on its way up without any problems. specially since it is after a big dip and we are in the correction of that dip. but if it gets worse and a widespread FUD campaign starts things can change. but nothing yet happened.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:20:53 AM

Should I expect dump before another fork and put my money from crypto to USDT or shall I put everything to BTC ?

I'm not sure right now, but i feel like that there should be at least some confusion generated from the segwit2x fork just a few weeks or days before it is implemented to get price down to a lower level than it currently is.

People may start panic dumping and whatever.

React to that news, by buying the dip. That's always the way to go.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 09:07:43 PM

Honestly, I don't think any dump will before the coming fork because the past experience of free money which happened by the past fork will make the demand of bitcoin increase and this coming fork free money will give the person holding 1.025BTC the total of 1.11BTG. So, I don't think people will afford to loose this golden opportunity.

illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:15:48 PM

Honestly, I don't think any dump will before the coming fork because the past experience of free money which happened by the past fork will make the demand of bitcoin increase and this coming fork free money will give the person holding 1.025BTC the total of 1.11BTG. So, I don't think people will afford to loose this golden opportunity.

Everybody is saying the same thing. "No dip because Bitcoin Cash and free money." Generally, when everyone thinks the same thing, the opposite happens. So I'm not going to share everyone's confidence that Bitcoin will continue to moon in the face of a network split. We have 5-6 weeks left until the fork, so we can continue to moon for now.

And BCH/B2X really aren't comparable. One was a spinoff altcoin that never pretended to be anything different and never had majority hash power. The other is offered as an "upgrade" with no replay protection, backed by major services and possibly a majority of the global hash rate.
Fatunad

Activity: 2212
Merit: 347

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:21:34 PM

Should I expect dump before another fork and put my money from crypto to USDT or shall I put everything to BTC ?
Main rule on this cryptocurrency world. "EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED" sorry for the caps but this thing should really be highlighted knowing that prices do move randomly without any basis or reasons but on this upcoming fork we can already presume since we did already see what happen on previous fork.We did see a decreasing price of bitcoin before the fork happen which supposedly or might possibly happen again this time.This is why you should really ready your bags.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
MiF

Activity: 1344
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:52:27 PM

We have already experienced the Aug 1 event  so believed it will be the same situation on the next fork therefore if we have our bitcoin already, i suggest we should hoard it and if the bitcoin value will lower down then it would be out chance to buy bitcoin at the cheaper price compare of today and add to our investments but i expect slightest impact this time in talking of price value compare to Aug 1 so lets wait and see.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:58:12 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 10:22:30 PM by Question123

We dont know what will happen to bitcoin price before abother fork they have possibility the price decrease or increase.
Its up to you if you want to convert your crypto or bitcoin to uSD what happen to that its yours not me.
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:00:46 PM

I dont think it is going to happen, people are investing much more money in bitcoin than before, because they want bitcoin because it seems like a strong currency for them, i saw a notice in my local newspaper a few days ago, and it said that bitcoin seems like a strong currency for our financial system, and i think that the same is happening on a lot of countries.
Dont expect it to go down again, buy now before it is too late.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:04:47 PM

Even if the price drops in the first days after the fork, which is likely to happen since each side will dump some of the coins, you still have profit by doing nothing. The price of at least one of them will recover so the profit will be even more. This is why, in my opinion, is a good idea to buy Bitcoin now, before the fork, and this is what I'm doing. I am in favor of Bitcoin (BTC) and that is the blockchain that I will support in any case.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:43:05 PM

We dont know what will happen to bitcoin price before abother fork they have possibility the price decrease or increase.
Its up to you if you want to convert your crypto or bitcoin to uSD what happen to that its yours not me.
Although no one know about that either before another fork the price of bitcoin will increase or decrease, but I think that more chances are that there will be no such effect on the price of bitcoin in next fork. For the first time people were a little worried but now they are not  carrying about and therefore I do not think expect any huge selling before the 2nd fork.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:07:48 PM

its not routine that every time you hear of a bitcoin fork you need to dump your coins, this is all personal preference which could be a good profit generator or this could cost you as prices might rally to new heights and make it expensive for you to get back were you left.

I dont think it is going to happen, people are investing much more money in bitcoin than before, because they want bitcoin because it seems like a strong currency for them, i saw a notice in my local newspaper a few days ago, and it said that bitcoin seems like a strong currency for our financial system, and i think that the same is happening on a lot of countries.
Dont expect it to go down again, buy now before it is too late.

I hope this does not happen has these forks tend to disrupt the order of the day, business must go on.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:29:22 PM

Although no one know about that either before another fork the price of bitcoin will increase or decrease, but I think that more chances are that there will be no such effect on the price of bitcoin in next fork. For the first time people were a little worried but now they are not  carrying about and therefore I do not think expect any huge selling before the 2nd fork.
Why the price will increase its obvious that the price is turning to increase more and i see the price of bitcoin movement is getting more increase.
Because the 2nd fork can give them a real profit from free coin they can for free so if you have more bitcoin holding in your wallet and you are using a wallet which is you full control not and wallet that you are using in exchanges you can get the benefits of getting coins or token free the same what happen in bitcoin cash..
That is why the price right now are getting high because of this and you can get your real profit and free coins ..

So expect after the fork the price could be decrease. after they get token or coin after the fork because they will sell their bitcoin too because of the price increase after the fork..
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:44:42 PM

If you doubt, put 50:50 in cash and bitcoin.
But, I am sure bitcoin price will reach another ATH over $5000 in this month, next hard fork by the end of this month mean nothing if they want to sell it through ICO https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2133536.0.
Bitcoin price won't affected significantly by segwit2x I guess, before and after hard fork, bitcoin price may drop a little bit but will continue to increase.
It happened before, when Bcash hard fork occured, bitcoin price seems increase and not affected by hard fork, like nothing happened. Few days after hard fork, bitcoin price fallen down, but could recovered obviously.
Wexnident

Activity: 2506
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:49:17 PM

I also thinking of the same way but only on the part that I am exprcting for backdrops to happen since the november hardfork is approaching but I'm not thinking of converting my Bitcoin since I know that it will again increase after the hardfork if ever its value will fall. It is the same with what happened last month of august when the recent hardfork happened which made the value of Bitcoin to go skyrocket from 2800 to 4400 in  just a short period of time. So I think it is better to just Hold.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:01:25 AM

Two forks will be happening in these two months.

First is Bitcoin Gold scheduled on 25th Oct. I would say it will go rather unnoticed in terms of impact on price. People are already prepared and won't panic this time because of earlier Bitcoin Cash fork. Price won't be affected much and even if there would be a dip, it won't last for days also.

Segwit2x fork is rather unpredictable. There are many scenarios that can take place and price will be affected accordingly. It will all depend upon the consensus supporting hardfork. Right now saying anything about the price effect would be early.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:56:59 AM

I made the big mistake of converting my Bitcoin into the local fiat money at the height of the August hard fork and I regretted it since then. Hope you won't be making the same mistake. However, if you are sure of what you are doing then go ahead. You can take back your Bitcoin when the value is down...that is if there would be such a movement because of the coming hard fork (again)...some can be good of doing this strategy but not for me.

We would see if the market for Bitcoin has already gone beyond the possible spread of FUDs especially when we are near the implementation of the scheduled hard fork. As for me, I will just do nothing especially that I also want to receive my free share of the birth of the new altcoin called Bitcoin Gold. In addition, am hoping that this can be the last split for the next few years as this is surely taxing to the Bitcoin network and can affect the growth potential of the coin.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:08:14 AM

Bitcoin is risky investation but if you dare to take the risk , just put all your money that you can afford to loss into BTC because bitcoin provide a better profit compare when I invest on gold. No matter what happen , bitcoin will keep increase as we can see that more people interest on bitcoin

Two forks will be happening in these two months.

First is Bitcoin Gold scheduled on 25th Oct. ....

So if I put let say 1 btc on blockchain and electrum
Will I got btc gold on both wallet ?
gilad215

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:16:45 AM

Dumping Bitcoin before Bitcoin Gold fork would be mere stupidity. There will barely be any effect on price because of Bitcoin gold fork. I doubt even miners are seriously considering the Gold fork. Regarding Segwit 2x, I am bit skeptical. I think that fork might bring a dip. I was reading some articles and the outcome of 2x fork is still not very clear since there is no clear majority as for now. But regarding October fork. There is nothing to be panic about.

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:16:54 AM

at times like this i always give the same advice: if you have too much bitcoin that you can not afford to lose then start selling and sell as long as you reach to an amount (leftover) that you can afford to lose and then hold that.
people usually forget this.

as for forks, the BTG fork is mostly a joke to create some premined money.
the SegWit2x fork is completely unpredictable right now. people give their guesses a lot these days but they are all "guesses".

There is a FOMO brewing...
baronious

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:17:34 AM

I don't think there will be a dump this time around.  During the last fork, people didn't know what to expect and dumped their BTC because of fear.  Of course in the crypto world it's impossible to predict what's going to happen so let's wait and see.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: