Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:10:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused about upcoming Bitcoin fork  (Read 680 times)
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:46:29 AM

To get free Bitcoin "gold", one just need to keep Bitcoins in exchange? Like for exemple did Kraken.com last time give Bitcoin Cash to all those who had Bitcoins? Relatively new in this world so don't know what happened in last fork. Or one need to keep them in particular bitcoin wallet to get free gold?
yes that is what you should do keeping your coins in your exchangers account to get free coins. During August splitting we see how most of the people that live their coins in exchangers sites get free coins I also got free coins from poloneix. Some also keep there bitcoin in some wallets and get free coins then.
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:52:59 AM

It's all right if you leave your bitcoins to an exchanger as long as the exchanger has fully supported Bitcoin Gold. But if you are still worried then put this in Wallet that you control your private key. Like Coinomi Apps, Electrum wallet.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:32:17 PM

Any exchanger will give you official notice in this regard. I suggest you store Bitcoin in a big and famous exchanger like Bittrex and poloniex.
hopefully this happens like BCH and we get coins for free. Grin
And even if they don’t give official notice, just ask which is why the support is there. If they give their stand before the fork, you can at least be a bit guaranteed something good if everything goes right. Like you said, so many exchangers did this in the past and it sure did make a lot of traders make quick decision on their forked chain.

Just make sure you are willing to give up the safety of your funds for the quick forked chain that you will be receiving though. So that implies more risk!
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:23:16 PM

To get free Bitcoin "gold", one just need to keep Bitcoins in exchange? Like for exemple did Kraken.com last time give Bitcoin Cash to all those who had Bitcoins? Relatively new in this world so don't know what happened in last fork. Or one need to keep them in particular bitcoin wallet to get free gold?
yes that is what you should do keeping your coins in your exchangers account to get free coins. During August splitting we see how most of the people that live their coins in exchangers sites get free coins I also got free coins from poloneix. Some also keep there bitcoin in some wallets and get free coins then.
It is not yet conform that either this time they are going to give extra coins or not. but i think that there is no need to confuse about holding bitcoin. i am too much sure that everything will be in favour of bitcoin. After hardfork it is also expected that the price will again boost and this time hopefully will cover 7000$. So holding bitcoin during hardfork will be not risky but will be more profitable.
Shutup

Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:21:48 PM

Its really confusing for the fork because price of bitcoin is very quick to get down.Its too wasteful for the lose coins in every bitcoiners need to get their salary badly because they need money for their needs.They really need to cashout because this only provides for their needs.lts a favor to the bitcoin holders because l believe after the fork it will easily get unto a higher price.l experience it last segwit that about l get my salary just 2mos before segwit the price became 10 times.So l beleive after this fork bitcoin will surprise bitcoiners for the coming up level of bitcoin.
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 08:42:28 PM

You dude, just take it easy. There nothing wrong to keep bitcoins in exchange. Like previous fork, you might be memorized that every exchanger notified us by several message. My Bitcoin are hold on exchange and ready to get free gold.
Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:13:58 PM

You dude, just take it easy. There nothing wrong to keep bitcoins in exchange. Like previous fork, you might be memorized that every exchanger notified us by several message. My Bitcoin are hold on exchange and ready to get free gold.

It can also be stored in some wallets if you're feeling doubt, finding the right wallet in the moment wherein i can harvest some free coins too vefore fork, I rememver having bch before by just storing it on my wallet but tooks too lng to do the steps to acquired bch before.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:46:11 PM

It's all right if you leave your bitcoins to an exchanger as long as the exchanger has fully supported Bitcoin Gold. But if you are still worried then put this in Wallet that you control your private key. Like Coinomi Apps, Electrum wallet.
Thats the safest way that they can do if they have a lot of doubt in storing it on the exchange so for me that what i must gonna do also storing bitcoin on your wallet than on your exchange less worries for the holders.
overcliff433

Activity: 216
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:19:59 AM

yes, I received bitcoin cash from kraken last hard fork, now I will use it again for bitcoin gold.
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:08:22 AM

Ask the support team of your favorite/usually used exchange wallet if they do support the upcoming Bitcoin Gold and segwit2 forking. If not then it is in your decision to go offline with private key so you can have those free coin/money.

But as me, until now there is no email/announcement that my wallet support made for this coming fork but because they made refund on bitcoin cash and pay us in bitcoin, I’m more confident they will do the same and I don’t want to be hard on myself in making other options than trusting them.
Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:14:23 PM

It is not yet conform that either this time they are going to give extra coins or not. but i think that there is no need to confuse about holding bitcoin. i am too much sure that everything will be in favour of bitcoin. After hardfork it is also expected that the price will again boost and this time hopefully will cover 7000$. So holding bitcoin during hardfork will be not risky but will be more profitable.
Firstly there will be such situation in future if such kind of situation arise then holding is the best option for the investor this will avoid the chances to the loss and also there will be pump after that a lot of people will do panic selling in that time and if one has enough revenue at that time then hold that for some long term that will also be effective for the investors.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:49:32 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 01:44:17 AM by cryptokitty

I am one of those people that is confused about this new fork and  the fact that I don't have any idea about this hard fork that may happen. I guess i need to keep my btc until this issue already done.
nekobod

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

A professional translator for English & Chinese

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:53:23 PM

So does this meant after the fork, no more bitcoin but bitcoin gold?

I'm a professional translator. I do literary & commercial translations. ICO project & White Paper translations is just my hobby while investing in cryptocurrencies.
chichigirl

Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:37:13 AM

I am also confused by this new hard fork. I am confused what may happen after that. I am thinking too much like what happened from the previous hard fork. I will be needing more time before making any decisions for this kind of serious issues.

But hoping for the better changes after this hard fork and hoping for the free coin to all of us.
 Grin

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀