Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:15:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-08] Altcoin Exchange Performs First Atomic Swap Between BTC and ETH  (Read 4003 times)
Iloveelvis (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:57:00 PM

On October 7, 2017, the decentralized cryptocurrency trading platform Altcoin Exchange announced the team performed the first atomic swap between the Ethereum and Bitcoin blockchains. The exchange says this is the startup’s first step towards creating a trustless exchange process.

In the cryptocurrency space, atomic swaps are a pretty hot topic, and there are only a few blockchains that have exchanged this way. Atomic swaps allow two parties to transact between two blockchains in a trustless manner without counterparty risk. So far only a few altcoins have performed this function with bitcoin; including currencies like litecoin, decred, and vertcoin. On October 7th the Altcoin Exchange development team processed a swap between both bitcoin and ethereum networks.

Read more here >>> https://news.bitcoin.com/altcoin-exchange-performs-first-atomic-swap-between-bitcoin-and-ethereum/
Altcoin.io

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:58:47 AM

Thanks for sharing this!

Stay tuned for our upcoming atomic swap wallet in the next couple of weeks.

We'll be posting more details upon launch as well as more details regarding our project.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:44:27 AM

Very useful exchangers using nuclear swap technology. I still do not understand how it works in practice, but this is a clear evidence of the development of the infrastructure for crypto currency. If developers continue to implement similar technologies to simplify the use of crypto currency, then the demand for it will grow even faster.
Tol9n

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:36:42 PM

Very useful exchangers using nuclear swap technology. I still do not understand how it works in practice, but this is a clear evidence of the development of the infrastructure for crypto currency. If developers continue to implement similar technologies to simplify the use of crypto currency, then the demand for it will grow even faster.

I agree with you that such exchangers make it much easier to buy crypto currency. It is very good that today there are many of them. A few months ago it was problematic for me to buy a crypto currency

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: