Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox, one more day before we can trade again  (Read 2195 times)
mieomeo (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:40:36 PM

"Trade is closed right now, until June 26th 15:00 GMT"

I'm going to sleep Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:42:42 PM

Cool, maybe these endless gox threads will die.

Sweet dreams!

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:44:16 PM

I'm really trying to like Mtgox, and i dont mind at all that they're pushing back trading, its better, But they need to announce this shit in advance of it happening before their customers die of stress and sleep deprivation.t

Stan?! STAN?!?!
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:46:35 PM

Do you have a crystal ball you could lend them so they would know what and when to announce?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:47:46 PM

One more dawn, one more day, one day moreeeeeee....
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuffHRacZMQ )

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
saadtariq30

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:48:35 PM

Good...my new gox password is so strong that id probably make a mistake typing it out..if i ever remember it that is...guess im totally goxed
RandyMarsh

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:49:58 PM

Do you have a crystal ball you could lend them so they would know what and when to announce?

Its up to them buddy, not me, they know how long these things are going to take and can just give themselves a nice margin of safety, ie if they think rolling back all accounts and increasing security, claims process etc. will take say 4 days, they could give themselves a week rather than two days and perpetually extend it after they fail to meet an unrealistic deadline they set over and over again

Stan?! STAN?!?!
lacedwithkerosene

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 05:51:52 PM

re : In new twist, Gox punks everyone again

Figured I should make a post in this thread. At first I thought it was a redundant thread and wouldn't get responses so I passed on the opportunity to snipe it, however, people have started to reply to it, so I had to make a post for historical purposes, so I will settle for post #8,  if this thread really takes off and becomes very long.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 05:52:08 PM

Crystal ball or not they obviously don't know how long stuff takes them. Since they don't know they could stop saying that they do. The way they are doing it is worse than saying they just don't know.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:53:18 PM

They didn't even give an excuse this time!

Are there still issues with the account balances, or what?

I mean, repeatedly they promised we'd be able to trade 1 hour after the site opened. Apparently 1 hour is enough time, according to them.

So why the sudden stretch -- not just 12 hours out -- but TWENTY FOUR hours out?  

How long does it take to gawk at your blasted account history, login history, etc.?

And has ANYONE that cares not logged in this morning yet? What, are they concerned about the people who might be asleep, etc?
No one with money there is asleep right now (unless they just went to bed after the delay announcement)

Goxed again!
lacedwithkerosene

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 05:53:24 PM

Figured I should make a post in this thread. At first I thought it was a redundant thread and wouldn't get responses so I passed on the opportunity to snipe it; however, people have started to reply to it, so I had to make a post for historical purposes, so I will settle for post #8,  if this thread really takes off and becomes very long.

And post #11 as well.

RandyMarsh

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:56:33 PM

Figured I should make a post in this thread. At first I thought it was a redundant thread and wouldn't get responses so I passed on the opportunity to snipe it; however, people have started to reply to it, so I had to make a post for historical purposes, so I will settle for post #8,  if this thread really takes off and becomes very long.

And post #11 as well.

can we get this idiot banned or something?

Stan?! STAN?!?!
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:06:46 PM

Crystal ball or not they obviously don't know how long stuff takes them. Since they don't know they could stop saying that they do. The way they are doing it is worse than saying they just don't know.

Seriously? Can you imagine the trolling and the rage on these forums if they didn't give as any deadlines? C'mon, stop the bullshit.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
wolftaur

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:14:45 PM

They didn't even give an excuse this time!

Are there still issues with the account balances, or what?

I mean, repeatedly they promised we'd be able to trade 1 hour after the site opened. Apparently 1 hour is enough time, according to them.

So why the sudden stretch -- not just 12 hours out -- but TWENTY FOUR hours out?  

How long does it take to gawk at your blasted account history, login history, etc.?

And has ANYONE that cares not logged in this morning yet? What, are they concerned about the people who might be asleep, etc?
No one with money there is asleep right now (unless they just went to bed after the delay announcement)

Goxed again!

At first, they were going to open trading an hour after opening the site. A lot of people complained. A lot found that unfair for their time zone. A lot of people were afraid they were being robbed of the chance to make pre-opening bids and asks.

Maybe Mt.Gox simply decided to go with what a huge number of people were pleading for... and even if not, well, a lot of people got what they wanted now.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 10:37:36 PM

Wait a minute -- it was unfair for their timezone, so they postponed the launch for 24 hours!?

That's like saying, "The sun is in my eyes -- I need to rotate 360 degrees so it won't be in my eyes anymore".
wolftaur

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 11:14:59 PM

Wait a minute -- it was unfair for their timezone, so they postponed the launch for 24 hours!?

That's like saying, "The sun is in my eyes -- I need to rotate 360 degrees so it won't be in my eyes anymore".

"Their" = "people upset."

A 24 hour delay makes sure everyone, no matter what their timezone or schedule is, has a fair chance to put in some standing orders. If they only waited an hour it favors a 1/24th slice of the users.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: