Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 10:58:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 coin per block or 10 coins?  (Read 170 times)
nikovv1 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:26:52 AM

I am creating a new cryptocurrency and I would like to ask a recommendation of the amount of coins to be mined per block.
Originally I was thinking to mine 10 coins per block every 15 seconds. This would give me 20 million coins per block in a year. It looks like this would be too much for a new , unknown currency, so it would not appreciate quickly. But if I set the reward per block  to 1 coin, this would be not very appealing for miners to mine it. Considering that the currency was not yet emitted in sufficient amount, it would be a problem to acquire it.

So my question is, based on your experience, is the scarcity of a cryptocurrency a big problem ?
samy_voc

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:29:20 AM

Hi ,

I am not technical to know all the details for your valuable question. Please try the same post in Technical discussions/Development.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:07:01 AM

The first reward for a block is about 50 coins, then it will decrease over time! But how important to attract people to exchange and mining!
 Cheesy Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: