Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:10:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin illegal in Nepal  (Read 1775 times)
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:35:10 PM

Many countries are being like this. Even my country also banned bitcoin transaction, and currently making a regulation that suits the best for bitcoin user.
I hope they won't catch and prisoned us though, just a little warning maybe?
Kinda sad for nepal people. Why's not every country can be supportive like japan or america?
I hope there will be something that can make btc doesn't considered illegal anymore so none of these things will happen again in the future.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:50:02 PM

So in some countries it is banned and in others it is getting more accepted, so do not worry.
okchain

Activity: 92
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:16:14 AM

This is normal. Bitcoin is now forbidden to trade in many countries. However, there are still many people who invest in it, so this does not have much impact.
dotz5

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:15:32 AM

There are still uncertainty in bitcoins and it is unfortunate to be illegal in Nepal. As more countries are opening to bitcoins, hopefully the government will re-consider on the decision and legalize them. 
alphaomega.f

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:23:48 AM

bitcoin will still operate and function despite of the number of countries that charge it as illegal anyway. i think they're seeing bitcoin as a threat.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:28:51 AM

isn't Nepal occupied by China or something? So Chinese run the place... Sad

Truth is the new hatespeech.
garen21

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:35:29 AM

the bitcoin is not illegal in nepal but the nepkoin is just a bit of a nepal because the nepal wants their government to control the price of bitcoin that bitcoin does not want to get it in the nepal country.
ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:47:39 AM

National Bank of Nepal Deems Bitcoin Exchange Operations “Illegal,” While the CIB Police Force Arrest Seven Exchange Operators

Source :- https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
I think they do that because they were found something unusual hapened to their country and I think bitcoin is the main reason ...
We cannot blame them because bitcoins technology and how it works can use in illegal thing and crimes..
Maybe whi knows.. it is the one thing nepal can do to fight those people who and in order to protect their citizens against for example money laundering etc.

Bad luck for those exchange owners it is sad to know
sneeze11

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:50:01 AM

National Bank of Nepal Deems Bitcoin Exchange Operations “Illegal,” While the CIB Police Force Arrest Seven Exchange Operators

Source :- https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/

Just like what other said they all know that there's a valid reason why they banned it just like that if they found something unusual beacuse of bitcoin. For me it is better if they don't banned it becausw bitcoin is the main reason why there are so many people that are now rich and successful.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:06:11 AM

Just like what other said they all know that there's a valid reason why they banned it just like that if they found something unusual beacuse of bitcoin. For me it is better if they don't banned it becausw bitcoin is the main reason why there are so many people that are now rich and successful.

I agree with you for that reasons about many people turns out rich and successful because of bitcoin, and now if they will impose a banning for it I guess the government leaders have a personal and greedy intentions. For whatever reasons it is, the bad leadership is a failure to the people who depends on their government of Nepal. Politicians hated bitcoin digital currency due to untransparency and everything with its transactions were all encrypted, that's why some countries strongly avoided their citizens to participate with this type of digital trading. However, in my personal insights there's nothing wrong about using bitcoin and in fact many people improved their quality of life because of this.
TrinurTrii

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 07:23:18 AM

in my country bitcoin is still illegal, because our government only give a call not to use bitcoin for tool tranksaksi sometimes there are still many bad issues about bitcoin but still we have to think positive. so even though illegal bitcoin can still be invested. I do not think the government of nepal should not act like that, hopefully bitcoin is cleared around the world.
melonbtchunter

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:58:37 PM

I think this news is bad news for crypto world and also for users of Nepal. Bitcoin is a development of a country's economy. It would have little effect on the price of banning it in Nepal. Nepal does not know why the government is banning it. But they think that they are used for crime and terrorist activities. I think they realize that it is used for the benefit of the nation and the nation, Then it will legalize the use of it again.
Ais08

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:04:14 PM

It is likely that the country has so many foreign tours to take to Nepal tourism, which we know that the country has many attractions that attract tourists to visit, and they are willing to legalize bitcoin for the convenience of foreign tourists ...
raxan1987

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:47:15 AM

I hope they are arrested because they were trading before there was a new rule into practice.

If indeed it is illegal, it is unfortunate.

Nepalese banks totally control the government of Nepal. The finance minister is a former chief of the national bank. He graduated from the old school and means business.

Sad that poor countries with poor bureaucracy will not let its citizens prosper.
acord00

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:14:02 AM

A country is free to give legal or illegal status to bitcoin. It all depends on the readiness of the country itself to face the globalization of the crypto currency, especially bitcoin. A country that can not provide control over the circulation of crypto currency is better not to give legal status to this crypto currency. If the state can not regulate the circulation of crypto currency then there will be losses in that country. Because so far, crypto currency is often used by people who are not responsible so that the state can not control the crimes committed by irresponsible people.
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:23:54 AM

if nepal does not legalize bitcoin i think its not a problem since nepal is not including biggest country of crypto user. but we are obliged to appreciate how the regulations in each country apply, but different if korea or japan does not legalize bitcoin will certainly greatly affect the crypto in the future even in the world.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:26:18 AM

bad news, then if Bitcoin is illegal, then do all Nepalese, who have BTC will be in jail?
are they said to be criminals?
this is not fair ,  if Bitcoin illegal without reasons

sadsNDJ
Copper Member

Activity: 131
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:40:27 AM

Good Day!
In this issue they might have some other reason about it.
Based on what I've read in harrotools.com this is illegal by the fact that the business of Nepal is hard to monitor.

In fact, the black money can be taken into another country easily with the help of bitcoin. Hence, drug trafficking, fraud and another criminal activities can be increase with the use of BTC.

In addition to this information, Nepal has its own rules also that until regulations are conceived bitcoin, and other cryptocurrency exchange businesses are illegal. Which is some of the people that wants to against the law is now violated to it.

This country is just only protecting their own safety especially with their own currency.

They're not only the one that do the same things some other country also do the same things, in order to protect their own currency and the money of their co-people.

Azkabal

Activity: 389
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:04:52 AM

And who cares? It is only in Nepal, and only 7 Transactions. I thing it is pretty ease for nepals people to use some tricks with their IP addreses and other stuffs, to make their transactions secure from police and etc.
Brenok

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:06:45 AM

If Nepal does not want to let the BTC currency into its economy, then there is no need to force them. BTC can do without them, it will grow anyway, you just have to wait
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: