Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin illegal in Nepal  (Read 1775 times)
theyRmose

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:11:35 AM

I think this is too cruel, bitcoin is not a crime although most people think that bitcoin is just a tool used as money laundering but no news justifies this.
The Nepalese government does this because they feel that even if they legalize bitcoin or crypto trade, they can not take advantage of trading.
Unless the government in Nepal implements high taxes as the Indian government does.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meliastor

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:31:41 PM

Of course it won't affect Bitcoin. I do not know why Nepal is making Bitcoin illegal. But I am sure the Nepal government will compromise after a few days and again they will use Bitcoin.
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:58:18 PM

I think it’s the old news even op posted in 2017 October after that bitcoin reached peak by reaching 20000$ . I don’t know who has bumped this even somebody is reading this now no need to get panic now bitcoin pump is stated now.

arifin eky

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:49:40 PM

this seems to be bad news for the development of bitcoin markets in the fastest countries, but on the upside if the government of nepal gives way to bitcoin then the development of bitcoin in the country will surpass the development of other countries adjacent.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:59:55 PM

Such light and reckless bans on the part of individual states arise where the administration is authoritarian, where officials are not responsible for their decisions to the people and where citizens' rights are easily violated. In order to keep their people in obedience, such a government will prohibit the crypto currency. In civilized countries, such prohibitions are no longer possible. As much as such a government does not want to ban crypto currency, it has to reckon with the opinion of the people if it wants to stay in power and at the next elections. Therefore, in such countries as Nepal one must expect the process of democratization of society, then the crypto currency will be legalized.
Wahyud11

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:17:55 PM

since October 2017 bitcoin in nepal is considered illegal, seven Nepalese citizens are arrested for running illegal bitcoin transactions. The suspects sell unlicensed bitcoins and violate Nepal National Bank regulations stating that until regulation is in place, transactions with bitcoin are illegal.

This arrest continues with the addition of two suspects who run a bitcoin company in Nepal named Bitsewa Pvt Ltd.
Totoky

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:11:17 AM

It's really very sad news. It will not be good for Nepal. A country can be much better by bitcoin. So its popularity is increasing day by day. I do not know why Nepal is making Bitcoin illegal. But I am sure the Nepal government will compromise after a few days and again they will use Bitcoin.
koldir

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:14:33 PM

National Bank of Nepal Deems Bitcoin Exchange Operations “Illegal,” While the CIB Police Force Arrest Seven Exchange Operators

Source :- https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
It's really very sad news. But don't worry. Because nobody can't stop Bitcoin. Bitcoin getting more popularity day by day. Bitcoin being legalized different day by day. And I hope one day Nepal will do legal Bitcoin in their country.
Kristina_2805

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:29:37 PM

Governments can shut down websites; they can arrest exchange owners; they can make onboarding hell; they can tax it as capital gains. Governments cannot stop an idea whose time has come. Crypto is not very liquid these days but it's a matter of time. For example, have you heard about Paytomat? Paytomat will streamline the process of accepting the payment in crypto for the merchant, and give an extra incentive for the customer to pay in crypto of their choice with no extra conversion.Basically, it is a Decentralized System for Cryptocurrency Payments. I've checked their team and partners, quite impressive.
Mary89

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:31:33 PM

National Bank of Nepal Deems Bitcoin Exchange Operations “Illegal,” While the CIB Police Force Arrest Seven Exchange Operators

Source :- https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
Even such small countries in comparison with others, went to this serious step of legalization of bitcoin in the country, can happen with any this cryptocurrency, so I recommend once again to recheck everything.
collision00

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:33:14 PM

In the event that the bitcoin is illicit or boycott in a specific nation obviously individuals will be captured and confront the outcome of challenging the law particularly on the off chance that they open an unlawful trades since it cannot make a difference an allow to work while bitcoin was proclaimed illicit by their Central bank itself. We as a whole realize that it will be their administration lost in the event that they lift the boycott even somewhat past the point of no return as bitcoin is continue expanding ordinary yet we can't battle the administration choices with the exception of in the event that you need to wind up an agitator.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:33:16 AM

I do not think this is a problem) What is the turnover of bitcoins in Nepal? I think that is scanty
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 10:43:51 AM

Not good for the investors and enthusiasts of Nepal as their government has strong negative perception against Bitcoin and cryptocurrency as a whole. I think their decission might change in the near future if Bitcoin or blockchain technology will used for any purposes in a all countries arround the world. I think Nepak is not really a big player in this industry but still I believe they have huge Bitcoin community too but unfortunately having trouble now as it becomes illegal to trade Bitcoin in that country.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:58:25 AM

It's not the first time that Bitcoin become illegal anywhere. It won't change much, especially if it isn't a big developed and influencing country.

For example: In Venezuela Bitcoin is not forbidden, but if they find out you have mining hardware, they will take it from you and maybe put you in jail. Then, they will use that hardware for themselves in the private farms they have making full use of the extremely low electricity costs to profit.

Remember guys and girls, communism is equal poverty for everyone - Except the leaders and their friends/family.
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:31:41 AM

I am not worried about bitcoin status in Nepal, it's rather a funny country with government failing to make the inhabitants happy by providing them with even basic needs...

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:42:27 AM

with this event in nepal I think it will affect the movement of bitcoin in the future although not significant. but of all the news it is impossible to control prices globally and have a thorough impact on people using bitcoins
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:42:35 AM

I am not worried about bitcoin status in Nepal, it's rather a funny country with government failing to make the inhabitants happy by providing them with even basic needs...

But it becomes a pride for countries that do not accept Bitcoin until now. I really appreciate it.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
untugede

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:59:50 AM

Even such small countries in comparison with others, went to this serious step of legalization of bitcoin in the country, can happen with any this cryptocurrency, so I recommend once again to recheck everything.
yes, with news sources that in NEPAL, illegal bitcoins and local authorities prohibit citizens from using bitcoin as a transaction and should not have it, but I think this news will not affect the bitcoin price movement to lower the price further, so other than d NEPAL many other countries legalize bitcoin as an investment or can use it as a means of payment, although it is new in some countries only.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:01:43 PM

yes, with news sources that in NEPAL, illegal bitcoins and local authorities prohibit citizens from using bitcoin as a transaction and should not have it, but I think this news will not affect the bitcoin price movement to lower the price further, so other than d NEPAL many other countries legalize bitcoin as an investment or can use it as a means of payment, although it is new in some countries only.

Hopefully it makes the price does not decrease, because you can see for yourself the price of the day has decreased is not good.
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:17:32 PM

Nepal is a small country, so it doesn't matter whether it is illegal or not. The price of bitcoin depends on what the big players think such as China and India.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: