Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:14:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too late for mining?  (Read 1544 times)
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:51:09 AM

You may not make much, if anything, now once you factor in electricity and A/C but if you expect BTC to appreciate in price (look what it's done in the last year) what you mine today could be worth something eventually.

There's always the $75,000 pizza: http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/this-pizza-is-worth-750000. Even if it's not true, it illustrates my point.

Do you have faith in it or not?

I just hope that guy was smart enough to keep some of it... I can't even imagine what I would do If I screwed myself that hard... Hind sight is 20/20, but damn...when its that undervalued, you really have very little to lose in keeping it... go figure... hope that pie tasted good...
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notung (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:04:46 PM

Thanks to all of you for the replies. Good advices and I appreciate all the comments. Actually I am getting to the conclussion that ASIC will be the king and GPUs FPGAs will have to move to other coins. As far as I read many ASIC miners will mine only BitCoin (at the moment), so the difficulty of bitcoin will raise like crazy. If these ASIC devices do not mine other coins, then GPUs and FPGAs will be displaced to that area.

I'm trying to go for ASIC mining with KNC... let's see how it works. I hope they will not be delayed like BFL and still I am curious to see how it affects the difficulty in 3 or 4 months.

Notung
AtomSea

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:10:15 AM

If i was just entering the mining market, I would enter via Litecoin.

You need to study, and then study some more.
I have mined for a few months now but so much more to learn. (linux is my next step)

You need to keep overhead down if you are poor.

Get a used gaming computer for cheap of Craigslist.
   ~you have to work to get them to come down in price.  These are proud people.

Get a nice 7950 or 3 with warranties if can afford it.

Read up on installation and such, and then Mine some Litecoin Smiley

It may take a couple days to get everything working - but fret not - you can do it - these forums will teach you or direct you where to go for Litecoin or Bitcoin.

The biggest thing that led to decent success in Litecoin was the correct thread concurrency.

AND

If you want to get into Bitcoin - I would look into Asics and study the crap out of them too.
I ordered a Terrahash machine - I hope it pays off.

I currently have 2.3 megahashes on Litecoin (gpu) and 1 gig on Bitcoin (Asicminer usb and gpu)

Look with your future eyes - If people thought only of the today's Return on Investment 2 years ago mining bitcoin, they would have never done it.  These are today's Bitcoin Millionaires. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: