Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:20:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Pulse (RPX) just destroyed themselves - Worst ICO ever!  (Read 3172 times)
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:52:19 AM

Yes RPX ICO was a mess.
First they started to recommend to use NEO - GUI wallet which took forever to sync but finally it synced. But later the team saw its status and came up with a new NEON wallet for windows. ETH based ICO was far better, too much of technical things needed for these NEO based ICO.
This was the first ICO on NEO so slight excuse can be given.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Alcarin

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:07:30 AM

How is it not NEO fault aswell?

THEY HAD ADVISOR in form of NEO CEO!!!!!

Did you miss that? Hongfei himself was advising with this 1st NEO ICO...

No excuses for NEO please!

The way I see this, there was no problem with NEO network or other technical side of NEO. The block with over 3200 transactions was a bit slower to confirm than regular block (with about 50 transactions). But that is understandable. The real problem was human error and poor planning on behalf of the Red Pulse team. They could have coded a script on the website that monitors blocks and shows timer based on that. Once the first block for the 2nd phase of the ICO is ready to be funded, the website should have showed "the green light" for investors to send their coins. This should have been of course explained in the email a week before so everyone understands the procedure.

Now people who trusted them and followed their instructions were left out of coins, whereas those who send their payments late got the coins that belonged to other people. This was not "first come first serve" but exactly the opposite. That's why people are upset!

And you tell me having NEO CEO as advisor, they could not stress test this event?

This is BASIC event, every junior programmer and dev does, and a company like they could not?

I smell incompatance or fraud... and Hongfei is right up there with them... if the leader of the blockchain has no idea what can happen to his own creation I would be very afraid of future ICOs on NEO...

And all those little small things and events, up from late emails (not like they had extra month and more to do it correctly!) and not releasing contract for people to read, not making contract public so actually competent people would look though it and maybe find the problem, and then they STRESSED multiple times how timestamp is important, even provided WORLD CLOCK... literally they provided the means where we fucked outselves, and not blaiming it on the technicals that obviously they did not know... how incompetent.

Either that, or a huge fraud for phase 2.

Whats your pick!

Very happy if you use my ref link:
Kuccoin: https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=E3I9Ij
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:20:50 AM

Unfortunately, I did not have time to participate either. My wallet has been renewing the blocks for a very long time. When he updated the reception of funds has already been closed. And I thought, maybe it's for the best?

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:22:51 AM

Same here, didn't get in, but not too salty about it.
Horrible ico though if you ask me.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:38:58 AM

I have some doubts about RPX ICO.
Why they still haven't refunded the user's NEO back? I mean the excess NEO sent by the users. NEO price already went down since ICO it may further go down in the upcoming days. Isn't it unfair for the users?
Also what about the GAS generated? With that much amount of NEO they are raising some enormous amount of GAS. Basically they are making free money from the excess funds.

Blah blah
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:49:57 AM

Isn't it a bit harsh to claim that they destroyed themselves  Huh

Also, this doen't mean their platform will also fail. I'll just buy @ the exchanges.
Capitanike

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:01:05 PM

RPX looks like project which can make x2+ from start. But we will see it's my opinion.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●    UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments    ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack         ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Main-ICO | Coming soon...
MhizC

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:07:39 PM

Blame it on RPX but drag NEO to it. NEO has been and still is an amazing platform/program... Really shit happens. Y'all take it easy and have a lil patience till your funds are returned to y'all..
RightlyGuided

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:29:33 PM

Hello,

Lots of people have been angry since yesterday regarding Red Pulse (RPX) ICO (Read more here at https://www.reddit.com/r/RedPulseToken/). Especially regarding how the second round of the ICO was concluded. Red Pulse token is Chinese ran operation that uses NEO smart contracts. Lots of people, including myself had been waiting for this ICO for months and preparing for this carefully with following all the steps Red Pulse team had provided.

To participate to this ICO was a lot more complex procedure compared to most ICO's. First you had to pass KYC guidelines and get accepted. Then you had to download specific NEO wallet for the purpose and sync it. Then execute hash script that was provided on the same minute ICO started. On top of that the ICO had two rounds: First round that was announced to start 1:00PM GMT, that users could buy 27 NEO's (1000 USD) worth RPX and second round announced to start 2:00PM GMT with raised investment cap of 1532 NEO's (50 000 USD).

RPX team gave precise instructions to send only up to 27 NEO's on first hour and then up to 1532 NEO's on next hour. They emphasized several times that the ICO will be conluded first come first serve basis. This is where things went bad. RPX team did not provide any timer or block number when the 2nd round would start. The only instruction was the time: 2PM GMT. For this reason most of the people (around 3200 of them), including myself, sent the payment according to RPX team's advise, exactly after 2:00PM GMT. Which was NEO block 1445025 https://neotracker.io/block/height/1445025.

NONE OF THESE 3200 INVESTORS GOT IN! Instead RPX team honored the next block 1445026. So people who paid "late" got the coins that belonged for those who paid exactly according the RPX team's instructions.

Now, I totally understand that for team with no expertise in this area things can go south. But what made everyone even more mad was the official statement received today. While most of us had high hopes for them to fix THEIR mistake and somehow compensate the people who were doing everything according to their instructions but were left out, instead they sent just statement that basically says "Sorry, shit happens!".

While I am happy to know that its solely RPX team's screw up and not NEO related issue, this was a fatal mistake for the Red Pulse. Obviously they have no idea to handle business with this magnitude or company PR in that matter. "Sorry" is not going to cover how unfairly treated these 3200 people feel. What is even worse is that Red Pulse now holds around $30,000,000 USD of investors money that doesn't belong to them. NEO value has already depreciated from 37 USD to 31 USD since the sale and RPX team is saying that it might take weeks to refund everyone. Right now they are earning about 240 GAS (5500 USD) per day just for the extra money they are holding from us. So I am sure, they are not in hurry to refund us.

If you feel like this is not right, please sign a petition at:

https://www.change.org/p/jonathan-red-pulse-honor-the-block-1445025?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_signer_receipt&utm_campaign=triggered&share_context=signature_receipt&recruiter=807306595

One question did u do the first round? I f you did well don't be saying worst ico, a lot of ppl didn't even get in the ico, you should be happy you got in. Red Pulse made mistakes, everyone does, so just move on and be happy with the rpx you got
GaPR

Activity: 356
Merit: 13

coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 12:31:31 PM

NEO is one of the best projects for investments, but problems happen to many.  Remember the theft of ETH last year, which spawned the ETC plug, but the ethereum project continued its path to success.  Blockchain experimental technology.

{Dev coinBusiness -  🔹0x7bbd8533A9096d490B378f4c8fB226Fc0e05FdEb🔹 , }
MelG (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:58:47 PM

How is it not NEO fault aswell?

THEY HAD ADVISOR in form of NEO CEO!!!!!

Did you miss that? Hongfei himself was advising with this 1st NEO ICO...

No excuses for NEO please!

The way I see this, there was no problem with NEO network or other technical side of NEO. The block with over 3200 transactions was a bit slower to confirm than regular block (with about 50 transactions). But that is understandable. The real problem was human error and poor planning on behalf of the Red Pulse team. They could have coded a script on the website that monitors blocks and shows timer based on that. Once the first block for the 2nd phase of the ICO is ready to be funded, the website should have showed "the green light" for investors to send their coins. This should have been of course explained in the email a week before so everyone understands the procedure.

Now people who trusted them and followed their instructions were left out of coins, whereas those who send their payments late got the coins that belonged to other people. This was not "first come first serve" but exactly the opposite. That's why people are upset!

And you tell me having NEO CEO as advisor, they could not stress test this event?

This is BASIC event, every junior programmer and dev does, and a company like they could not?

I smell incompatance or fraud... and Hongfei is right up there with them... if the leader of the blockchain has no idea what can happen to his own creation I would be very afraid of future ICOs on NEO...

And all those little small things and events, up from late emails (not like they had extra month and more to do it correctly!) and not releasing contract for people to read, not making contract public so actually competent people would look though it and maybe find the problem, and then they STRESSED multiple times how timestamp is important, even provided WORLD CLOCK... literally they provided the means where we fucked outselves, and not blaiming it on the technicals that obviously they did not know... how incompetent.

Either that, or a huge fraud for phase 2.

Whats your pick!

If you are advisor for someone and they fail, it is not your fault! Advisor is there to help but they cannot be put as responsible for the failure. I agree what you said about RPX team, they were just basically asking this to happen and I have no sympathy for them. Either they are totally incompetent or just crooks. There is no way to sugarcoat this!
vlad06

Activity: 537

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:03:01 PM

Alcarin you need to slow your roll and shut up. Stop being a baby.
word1211

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:34:33 PM

does anyone think rpx will go up to $1??
vlad06

Activity: 537

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:43:34 PM

does anyone think rpx will go up to $1??

Yes I do.
Crystaleyes

Activity: 147

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:47:05 PM

A call out to any crypto watchdogs or governing bodies to bring RPX, NEO and Bittrex to book for committing fraud

The RPX token sale was the worst ICO it has been my displeasure to experience and was an enormous insider trader/pocket-lining scam!

Even the vermin at Bittrex (the largest exchange where to get NEO) had the NEO wallets 'Down for routine maintenance' from before and until just after the ICO had finished, which meant that no-one could get their NEO tokens out of Bittrex without first exchanging them into another coin.

Because we had to do this, by the time I had changed NEO back to BTC in Bittrex, then sent that BTC to Changelly, converted back to NEO, and sent those to the shitty Neo-Gui wallet, the token sale had finished by 3 minutes!!!

FUCK Bittrex! I hope you crooks go to prison!

They do NEO maintenance in the hours leading up to the first ever NEO ICO?HuhHuh??

And finish the maintenance the moment the RPX ICO is finished?Huh  

Yeah, RIGHT!!!!!!!!

FUCKING CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And couple that with constantly moving the goalposts by the Red Pulse team scammers....

I hope you all drop fucking dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as the RPX are on an exchange I am dumping mine.

I do not support liars, scammers and thieves.

These people made a LOT of enemies yesterday

Is it not amazing? That in the sub-micro world of the atom, quantum physics requires the perpetual motion of particles with both spin and orbital motions.

Yet in the macro world, mainstream science is based upon the law that a perpetual motion machine is absolutely impossible!

This is the embarrassing state of today's science...
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:48:32 PM

I can see that a lot of people are claiming that red pulse is going to fail because of the ico. However, personally i totally disagree with that. First, i would see the project is a super success, as they manage to raise 3x the amount of fund while some of the ico cant even reach their hard cap after a week. Although people say that the website is not updated with the % completion, the signing of agreement is unavailable etc, i have a smooth journey. I sent my neo and i got my token in 20 sec. I tried at the 30min mark of the hour and the signing agreement is perfectly fine. Not the best ICO due to some hiccup but definitely way better than i assumed for the 1st ICO on the platform.
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:51:17 PM

Be very careful, the domain name itself is extremely new and this whole thing would be very risky at best. They have no real contact information and the entire thing is out of China where ICOs are outlawed anyway.

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/red-pulse.com
https://www.dynu.com/en-US/NetworkTools/Whois?Host=red-pulse.com
Thegiftedone

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:59:45 PM

Its a shame. Maybe you can share some projects which wont end like that?
silver12si

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:11:29 PM

Crying, crying... Roll Eyes

cammeyz

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:22:02 PM

So much Salty tears ....I missed out on the ICO too, was pretty pissed about it yesterday at the time, but today...meh.

No point fudding RPX, I want it to succeed. If RPX does well as im sure it will, Neo gets a bump also.

I'll buy some RPX when it hits binance.....
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: