Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:06:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to set up a company for a new crypto project?  (Read 508 times)
marekbartik (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:09:55 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 12:40:52 PM by marekbartik

Which country would you choose to set up a new company for a new cryptocurrency to launch an ICO soon?

I'd definitely pick something in EU, Is there a lot of differences between the countries in legal perspective or price for the company?

EDIT 1:Anybody has any experience with Czech Republic or Germany?

EDIT 2: Also, I forgot to mention that is really important for us to establish the company "fully online". We are not gonna fly to another country just to establish a new company. This seems to be tricky even with Switzerland.

Thanks
hgmarral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:20:09 AM

Switzerland and Singapore seem to be leaders when it comes to crypto. Where else is favourable?
LuckyCheetah

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:04:33 AM

There are some obviously complicated choices like USA and China. EU seems to be uniform in having agreeable legislation. You may want to check wikipedia article on Bitcoin legality by country.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:09:39 AM

Which country would you choose to set up a new company for a new cryptocurrency to launch an ICO soon?

I'd definitely pick something in EU, Is there a lot of differences between the countries in legal perspective or price for the company?

Thanks

You could always pick a country where the laws allow cryptocurrency trade and ICOs to be held. Keep USA, China and similar countries who have imposed strict ICO bans out of your choice list as it is almost impossible to begin there. Yes, an ideal place would be somewhere in the EU, a country like Switzerland, Netherlands or Denmark that have no problems with fundraising through ICO (keep France out of this list)
moala

Activity: 96

Moirai ICO starts on 10/11/2017

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:38:43 AM

You can also think of Asian countries like Vietnam, Philippines where there is very less regulation

Gorgeous011235

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:42:36 AM

Switzerland is the "Crypto Valley" at the moment so in my opinion this is the place to be  Wink
Otherwise you can look to move to a country where taxes are very low for business activities..
for instance Costa Rica or Belize..

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
marekbartik (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:59:27 AM

Switzerland is the "Crypto Valley" at the moment so in my opinion this is the place to be  Wink

it is AT THE MOMENT, but should we be afraid that they might change the legislation?

What about Czech Republic? Anyone has any experience?
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:33:52 PM

It is good to setup ICO company in the land where there is certain type of legistration. That is why some ICO company like to setup in Singapore whereby there is certain laws on ICO but it is not banning on bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. Companies that i know and i can currently recall that is setup in Singapore are Tenx, Enjin and Qtum. There is of course a lot of other places that can setup the company but to target Asia market, it is always better to locate near to asia places.
marekbartik (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:40:13 PM

but to target Asia market, it is always better to locate near to asia places.

Why? Do people from Asia care where the company is established? More than caring for the team itself? I mean, Asians do invest in ICO that is targeted worldwide, right?
We are targeting the whole world so it doesn't make any sense for us to have the company established in Asia if not for legislation/fees.

Also, I forgot to mention, that is really important for us to establish the company "fully online". I'm not gonna fly to another country just to establish a new company. This seems to be tricky even with Switzerland.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:11:55 PM

I will choose Singapore too. The corporate tax is still reasonable and the country is business friendly. Singapore  central bank set clear rules for cypto currencies, so there won’t be much surprises coming up like China and Russia.
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 05:35:10 PM

namecheap.com

Greedy_bear

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:38:39 PM

I will choose Singapore too. The corporate tax is still reasonable and the country is business friendly. Singapore  central bank set clear rules for cypto currencies, so there won’t be much surprises coming up like China and Russia.
Yeah, the best bet are countries which already set up clear regulation. Many have none or one in no clear terms, which makes future uncertain. Though EU seems a good choice too, you can hope for reasonable policy. Still, changes in regulations in the future is not a good prospect.
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:42:31 PM

I think you should set up in your own country, if you want the cheapest and most justifiable set up. All paperwork properly filed, all locations easily verified. The thinking now of course is to set up an entity in a crypto friendly country but this might come with regulating requirement, in which case you have a huge headache. Legal companies are not even prepared to help you.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:42:48 PM

You can also think of Asian countries like Vietnam, Philippines where there is very less regulation

I would also suggest that Japan could be another option because they have actually legalized the bitcoin. So very easily the rules and regulations are laid down and things can be worked out without any tension as what will happen in future. Singapore is also another option where people are looking out to venture their company.

rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 05:48:40 PM

Zug, Switzerland for sure. It is the best option for both your project and its reputation. Other countries also regulate ICOs but Swiss is the best
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:39:11 AM

EDIT 2: Also, I forgot to mention that is really important for us to establish the company "fully online". We are not gonna fly to another country just to establish a new company. This seems to be tricky even with Switzerland.

Thanks

Why do this? You are taking a decentralized, barely regulated system and putting it into the world of regularization and control. There is not really a benefit to this. You can arrange all the things that make a company valuable around a new token/coin. The ICO process acts as an IPO and provides starter funds and some accountability. Let us know why you want to do this and we can go from there.
verifyas

Activity: 112

Verify is an Ethereum-powered Reputation protocol

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 07:42:12 AM

Thanks

Singapore. Costs you about $5k / year all in, including local rep

✓✓  verify   ★★★★★  The Ethereum-powered Reputation Platform for Commerce
The Future of Reputation   //  WHITEPAPER  //
████████████│    MEDIUM    |    Live Chat on DISCORD    │████████████
auliahr

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:10:50 AM

I would also suggest that Japan could be another option because they have actually legalized the bitcoin. So very easily the rules and regulations are laid down and things can be worked out without any tension as what will happen in future. Singapore is also another option where people are looking out to venture their company.

I agree with what you say and I think japan is the right choice. we know the Japanese are very open with the advancement of technology and it has been proven by its legal bitcoin in japan. In recent years many Japanese people are interested in crypto.
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:23:16 AM

I feel best countries to create that kind of businesses are which having less strict laws on financial projects. So caribbean countries and asian countries like Singapore are best. Switzerland is probably the best in Europe.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
NakkaShashi

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:55:57 AM

All countries you mentioned are pricey to start a new startup. I would suggest you to fly to India and make a startup there.Some governments their offering free land for startups.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: