Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what makes you trust a company in this industry?  (Read 494 times)
jonathan6655321 (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 23

GuerrillaBuzz ICO/STO/IEO Marketing and PR company

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 09:13:53 AM

what makes you trust a company in this industry?

GuerrillaBuzz: Blockchain, Crypto & Web3 PR Agency

GuerrillaBuzz is a leading blockchain PR, crypto, Web3 marketing agency. Trusted by CoinGecko, BRD, Bancor, AAX, Telos.
https://guerrillabuzz.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:27:07 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 09:39:12 AM by yonjitsu

Have a research about a certain company or you can have also the freedom to read the company's whitepaper firsthand. But having a whitepaper doesn't mean a company would more likely to be successfu.

aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:36:16 AM

Nothing. Never trust anybody but your family and close friends. A company couldn't care less about you, they are just going to stick with you while it is profitable, but they will trick you whenever they can.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:47:58 AM

if you mean a third party.. treat them like someone that walks passed you on the street.. would you seriously hand them your savings /income without knowing them?

if your talking about a company. do due diligence. check out their company registration details then google map/streetview their address. make sure it does not lead to a po box/drop box/virtual mailbox address..

in short if you cant find enough information to slap them with a wet fish/court order should they do you wrong. dont trade with them.

even then be careful. after all butterfly labs had company registration details and an office, and product papers and business plans etc, yet they still ended up being scammy, same with MTGox

most people dont trust third parties/internet companies with anything more then the customer is willing to lose. most people only trade/spend amounts that can equate to some disposable income amount of a evening takeout meal, that wont hurt much if lost

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Ke!th

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:11:15 AM

Generally Real company have support team with physical place  + after sell services some also have bank account or paypal
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:17:34 AM

I don't trust companies.
However I trust and have faith in certain individuals (developers, representatives) who have shown since many years that they want to progress Bitcoin together with the whole community, it's users and who are not just interested in personal profits like a few companies and their CEOs.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:46:47 AM

I usually read people`s reviews about some online company.
The bad thing is that real customer reviews are mixed with fake reviews saying "Wow,this is the best online service!"Trusted companies have some sort of license and they abide by the laws in their jurisdiction.
The other bad thing is that even a legit company can sooner or later turn into a scam,if the owner becomes greedy.

edynolan

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:52:57 AM

I do not really believe in this, they do not know me and I do not know him so I came when profitable and I went when it harmed me. I just believe in my god and family. besides that almost everything ever deceived me so i came if they give a profit
bakkang

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:53:45 AM

I trust company on how are they treat the employers and on how they render their services in proper way. It is hard to trust companies right now due to some issues. So sometimes i would rather trust to myself than others.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:55:06 AM

The trust in the crypto world is harder because transactions are irreversible, If you make it, there is no going back. It's better to do your home work about the company then try them. At this point, It's the same services that are popping up (exchanges or mixers etc.) so why use a new service in the first place If nothing better is offered such as low fees etc and If you are skeptical, just wait sometime and see reviews and feedback from users, It really doesn't worth risking your money.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Cloud27

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:13:27 PM

Making a trust to this industry is hard, it needs a lot of time and effort. The company must be transparent, they should inform their clients the status of the company, the background of the people behind the company. A very good review and scrutinized post from this forum. A good communication between them and good services provided by the company.
Prince8

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:14:58 PM

I dont. Why would i ?
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:33:30 PM

Have a research about a certain company or you can have also the freedom to read the company's whitepaper firsthand. But having a whitepaper doesn't mean a company would more likely to be successfu.

Even if there is a whitepaper, it doesn't really mean that they are somewhat labeled as "trusted" nor a scam project. Either way, I suggest to look up the reputation of the company and the behind it i.e. if they make themselves public. For me, most likely I would trust them if they made relevant information public which can be used to file a case if they somehow did something wrong; in other words, assurance.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:41:51 PM

You didn't mentioned that which type of companies you are talking about. If you are referring to companies that owns altcoins, exchanges and wallets than it is quite hard to find out which company is trustworthy, so we have to go through some research about that company. I mostly check the legal entity of companies and their whitepaper, i also go through the reviews of the people working there or having any link with the company.
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:04:30 PM

There are a lot of factors to be considered when it comes to assessing a company. But in stocks, I am choosing a company depending on it's performance against it's major competitors. In an industry, you can determine who the competitors are if you will compared that the products you offer and your target market are the same. And if you already determined the competitors, the more detailed information will be compared liked the income, sales, number of stores etc. And what will make me trust the company if it outplays the competitors in general.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 02:23:18 PM

I don't trust the company easily. I try to do research about them, their scheme, their business growth, their historical background, their feed-backs and reviews about their business offers. I also verify their reputation in the market by personally visiting their office and meeting the company representative or executive officer and knowing about them in detail. I always prefer to seek help from my family members or my friends, rather than company's executive or other people to trust the company.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:26:18 PM

I just go with the established ones and do my own research about them. I generally don't try out multiple stuff because I'm somewhat paranoid when it comes to security. I only use Electrum as my wallet, just one exchange, etc.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:27:22 PM

I don't!

of course trust is such a general word in my opinion. you can't just say you trust or don't trust someone. it has degrees. for example I trust the exchanges I use so much that I make a deposit and trade on their platform (for a time that I am trading) and I don't trust them at the same time that I withdraw when I am done trading or make a profit or want to stay away from the market....
the same goes for any other third party service that I use. we sometimes have to use them because we don't have any other choice but you always try and minimize the risks as much as you can.

Only Bitcoin
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:31:36 PM

Try to research about the company as much as possible look at their backgroung and look at some feedback from other people if that company did good. I know it's hard to trust some company so easily . Just a piece of advice trust yourself in choosing a company and it will come out better

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:32:58 PM

Bitcoin market is too dangerous. You can't trust anyone blindfold due to anonymity of Bitcoins. Person may take your money in one moment and disappear the other moment.
So to trust websites, you must ascertain them on the scale of trustworthiness or credibility. Due to nonavailability of any regulating body, it is your personal understanding which could save you. Also it depends upon which type of website you using. If you using website which gives you specific pre-determined return, ignore it with all your senses as sooner or later, it will turn scam. IF you using exchanges and wallets, access them how trustworthy are they. Bitcointalk is great source of evaluation. Visit 'Service Announcement' section and you will get honest review on all websites.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: