Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:09:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold  (Read 386 times)
HasHe (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:26:01 AM

The second hard fork of bitcoin has been scheduled for october 25th.It is said that it would be opened to exchanges on november 1.The support for bitcoin gold seems to be much smaller than bitcoin cash since most of miners don't support it.It is understandable since its supporters have said that bitcoin's mining algorithm will be replaced with another one which will enable it to be mined with graphic cards.

So,it means that any one with GPU could mine bitcoin gold easily.What do you people think about this?And for how much time it could last?

Kindly shed some light on this topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:33:40 AM

The second hard fork of bitcoin has been scheduled for october 25th.It is said that it would be opened to exchanges on november 1.The support for bitcoin gold seems to be much smaller than bitcoin cash since most of miners don't support it.It is understandable since its supporters have said that bitcoin's mining algorithm will be replaced with another one which will enable it to be mined with graphic cards.

Yeah, they're ripping out the roots of the economy right out of the gate. It's a risky move considering they are trying to use Bitcoin to bootstrap their network.

So,it means that any one with GPU could mine bitcoin gold easily.What do you people think about this?And for how much time it could last?

There's really no roadmap to speak of, and no one knows who these developers are. And they shot themselves in the foot already by apparently including a big pre-mine for themselves. If I can get some free money from this, I'm all for that, but there's nothing backing this coin besides a Coindesk press release.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:39:24 AM

The second hard fork of bitcoin has been scheduled for october 25th.

any way you look at things this can not be the second fork of bitcoin!
bitcoin itself already had multiple forks before this (at least 4 i know of) soft fork and hard fork.
forks from bitcoin and creating an altcoin have been a lot more too. there has been at least 500-700 forks from bitcoin, creating different altcoins. at least 50 of them did airdrops to bitcoin holders 1:1

The support for bitcoin gold seems to be much smaller than bitcoin cash since most of miners don't support it.

No, the reason is because it has a big ICO with a huge premine. and nobody cares about altcoins like that.
besides it is not really doing anything useful.

So,it means that any one with GPU could mine bitcoin gold easily.
yes, until its hashrate grows and people start pooling their GPU power and then a farm shapes up and then you will no longer be able to mine it with a single GPU and will need an appropriate mining rig!

#BackWhereWeStarted

for how much time it could last?
shitcoins last for 2 months to a year.
this is not exactly a shitcoin, but not a real altcoin either so it can last a year at least in my opinion. but we have to wait and see after it is released to give any meaningful opinion.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
rido

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:13:17 AM

if there is gold from bitcointalk I will do to buy it but with cheap price then I will sell with high price and I will get doubled profit.
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:14:27 AM

Probably the initial price will be lower than the price in 2months so is probably a good inversion if you can buy it very cheap

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
sfr2017

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Football Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:17:48 AM

what's bitcoin gold
i know bitcoin cash BCH

Ke!th

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:18:56 AM

till now bitcoin not take real position less than 5%of all world use it why need BCC and bitcoin gold Huh
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:20:49 AM

Probably the initial price will be lower than the price in 2months so is probably a good inversion if you can buy it very cheap

you can't really make speculation like this about an unpopular altcoin with this type of airdrop. many people will dump it and continue dumping it for some time. it may never recover as the dev dumps his premined coins too.

the price can be the highest at the start then drop hard then come back a little. just like many other altcoins like it.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:23:46 AM

Yeah, they're ripping out the roots of the economy right out of the gate. It's a risky move considering they are trying to use Bitcoin to bootstrap their network.

There's really no roadmap to speak of, and no one knows who these developers are. And they shot themselves in the foot already by apparently including a big pre-mine for themselves. If I can get some free money from this, I'm all for that, but there's nothing backing this coin besides a Coindesk press release.
It seems to me that you need to think twice before you hope to profit from free coins. I think that many people will now keep their bitcoins to get free bitcoin gold. This situation should lead to the fact that the price will rise in the near future and will stay high until November 1. If you sell your coins until October 25, when the price is $ 5,000 or above it is possible to earn more than it would cost the bitcoin gold. After November 1 will be a correction and then you can buy bitcoin again. What do you think about this strategy?
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 10:24:34 AM

I believe they dropped the pre-mine after being called out on it. That doesn't change that this is a nothing fork. Having it mined by GPU's doesn't suddenly make it important or have any value, it's only of interest to GPU miners. I really can't see anyone remembering this happened in a couple of years time.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:25:57 AM

you can't really make speculation like this about an unpopular altcoin with this type of airdrop. many people will dump it and continue dumping it for some time. it may never recover as the dev dumps his premined coins too.

the price can be the highest at the start then drop hard then come back a little. just like many other altcoins like it.

It is not yet introduced before that I don't know how you said that coin is not famous. We have wait till the next fork and then only we can confirm the whether that value will bump or not.
If the value finds and starts with the less amount of the value you have to invest and buy some coins to make profit.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:45:20 AM

It is not yet introduced before that I don't know how you said that coin is not famous. We have wait till the next fork and then only we can confirm the whether that value will bump or not.
If the value finds and starts with the less amount of the value you have to invest and buy some coins to make profit.

it is a combination of observation and guess and some experience from other similar coins, that i said it is not famous!

i may be wrong, i admit it. but usually when something is created like this with a large amount of coins premined, they don't see lots of success.
add to it the fact that a large amount of airdrop will be given out (16.5 million) and you get yourself a lot of sell pressure.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:30:41 AM

I want to know, after yesterday there is bitcoin cash and then there will be bitcoin gold can i mining? and whether the wallet that we use can to send and receive bitcoin cash / bitcoin gold?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: