Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:34:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will happen to the price of BCH by the end of November?  (Voting closed: November 18, 2017, 10:52:39 AM)
Price will go up significantly - 2 (25%)
Price will go down significantly - 6 (75%)
There will be no significant price change - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash's price during a Segwit2X fork  (Read 512 times)
aleksej996 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:52:39 AM

What do you speculate will happen during a Segwit2X fork?

Will people go to BCH as a safe haven until they see will the fork happen and which blockchain will win.
There is a lot of uncertainty about the fork, like will the signatories keep their promise and if they will implement a last minute replay protection like they did in BCH?

On the other hand I heard that altcoin prices dropped during a BCH hardfork, so will it be similar? Will the market treat BCH as an altcoin, or will it treat it like a safe haven as an Bitcoin alternative, since it is the forth crypto by market cap right now (even tho I wouldn't count ripple as a crypto).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:57:04 AM

Will people go to BCH as a safe haven until they see will the fork happen and which blockchain will win.
There is a lot of uncertainty about the fork, like will the signatories keep their promise and if they will implement a last minute replay protection like they did in BCH?

On the other hand I heard that altcoin prices dropped during a BCH hardfork, so will it be similar? Will the market treat BCH as an altcoin, or will it treat it like a safe haven as an Bitcoin alternative, since it is the forth crypto by market cap right now (even tho I wouldn't count ripple as a crypto).

Well I'm not sure what you mean by BCH as a safe haven as I have seen no evidence of that over the past few months. 

Anyway, btc price will pump between now and 25th Oct due to people wanting their free 2x coin. I believe most to sell their 2x coin after November 1st once 2x trading becomes available.

I'd leave Alts alone. Get btc, get free 2x, sell 2x for btc and then do what you want. Worked well for me during BCH fork.

Also, most people aren't worried about the fork as we've seen it before and look at the price after the BCH fork. Look at the charts.

aleksej996 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:14:54 AM

Well I'm not sure what you mean by BCH as a safe haven as I have seen no evidence of that over the past few months. 

Anyway, btc price will pump between now and 25th Oct due to people wanting their free 2x coin. I believe most to sell their 2x coin after November 1st once 2x trading becomes available.

I'd leave Alts alone. Get btc, get free 2x, sell 2x for btc and then do what you want. Worked well for me during BCH fork.

Also, most people aren't worried about the fork as we've seen it before and look at the price after the BCH fork. Look at the charts.

Well BCH won't experience a fork so there will be no giant uncertainties about it compared to Bitcoin. It's price, whether small or big, might be stable during Bitcoin.

You are talking about Bitcoin Gold fork on 25th Oct, not 2x. 2x fork is happening around 20th November.

It is true that people will be more confident, since they seen a hardfork before, but also this one might not have replay protection and majority of mining power and big companies has signed an S2X agreement, compared to BCH fork that got a minority of hashpower,companies and devs on their side. This one perhaps is devs and users vs mining pools and companies.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:32:17 AM

Well BCH won't experience a fork so there will be no giant uncertainties about it compared to Bitcoin. It's price, whether small or big, might be stable during Bitcoin.

You are talking about Bitcoin Gold fork on 25th Oct, not 2x. 2x fork is happening around 20th November.

It is true that people will be more confident, since they seen a hardfork before, but also this one might not have replay protection and majority of mining power and big companies has signed an S2X agreement, compared to BCH fork that got a minority of hashpower,companies and devs on their side. This one perhaps is devs and users vs mining pools and companies.

Yes my mistake bgold 25th (don't expect much here) and 2x November. I'd stick with btc and forget all the forks. Just claim your coins and trade for btc.

Always control your private keys obviously! I am not a trader, I just hodl btc. It's worked out well in the long run.

BCH may pump later (much later) but I wouldn't want to hold that coin personally.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 11:34:12 AM

it is perfectly possible that a big rise happen in bitcoin cash's price during all the drama that bitcoin experiences. but the reason for it will not be what you said.
safe haven? pffft...

it will simply be a pump! do you remember what happened to altcoins earlier this year? Dash, ETH, XRP,... all those claiming to replace bitcoin while it was $1200 and saying bitcoin will die because $1200 is bubble and we will replace it.
the same thing can happen again Cheesy
hyping some altcoins and pump them while bitcoin takes some time off before the moon launch.

--looking for signature--
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:47:41 AM

Yes my mistake bgold 25th (don't expect much here) and 2x November. I'd stick with btc and forget all the forks. Just claim your coins and trade for btc.

Always control your private keys obviously! I am not a trader, I just hodl btc. It's worked out well in the long run.

BCH may pump later (much later) but I wouldn't want to hold that coin personally.

This is how we find much controversial discussion about segwit activation in last August 1st and almost all the people holder their bitcoins more than a fortnight.
But when splitting started theymos mentioned we are safe in the news itself on the top of the forum.
BCH bump is not as much as expected in the last time hard fork this November 25 we have to wait and confirm it whether the value grows more or not.
HTracer

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:19:55 PM

If replay protection ussie won't be settled then messy scenario might happen. Network split, unsecure transactions, bitcoin balances on third side to be freezed for txn. As long as 2X side keep standing off replay protection, I guess there would be little chance to relief rally soon after 2X fork as it was about 1st August.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:34:03 PM

Even if BCH is just a coin forked from bitcoin, I think it would drop in price relatively to the drop in btc price after the expected fork. It does not change the fact that something new that might be better than BCH or BTC itself will be released in the free market so people would tend to test it out. Even if that is the case, there is a chance that there won't be significant price changes at all by that time depending on the news that will be seen after fork.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:38:27 PM

anyone using bcash as a safe haven is both a fool and an asshole.

it's just another alt with a below average value proposition. at least most alts have something different about them.

it's not going anywhere. it also has a questionable future.

you know when someone's spent too long in crypto when they believe some alt is going to protect them. try real dollars instead.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:40:17 PM

after a successful fork then bitcoin cash price and this stupid adventure will be end.
Bitcoin cash is not a solution for bitcoin community.
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:09:37 PM

that will be plunged as straight with the demand to buy the more bitcoin as much as they can to receive free reward from hold or move them all into the supported fork wallet.
They are not thinking to buy b bch at this moment but as you can see about the truth of the recent chart of bitcoin cash and that was getting dump a lot.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:13:12 PM

This years attempt to make shitty alt-coins seem more like bitcoin is to add bitcoin to the name.  Roll Eyes

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:18:29 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 02:42:28 PM by fabiorem

BCH is going down. I dumped half of my BCH stash.

BCH guys are the same ones from B2X, so they will be moving funds from one fork to another.

By contrast, BCH was entirely against SegWit, but B2X supports it. Funny isnt it? The whole thing is a circus.

My guess is that BCH would be half of its current value by the end of November.

Eventually it will recover, but it will be a slow recovery, much slower than the current BTC recovery.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:26:57 PM

anyone using bcash as a safe haven is both a fool and an asshole.

it's just another alt with a below average value proposition. at least most alts have something different about them.

it's not going anywhere. it also has a questionable future.

you know when someone's spent too long in crypto when they believe some alt is going to protect them. try real dollars instead.

I agree, but it's a good question speculation wise. I wonder how BCash will do if the segwit2x attack causes a big price crash in BTC... maybe Roger Ver uses this confusion to pump BCash and trick noobs into thinking BCash is the real Bitcoin, it is a very possible scenario. I think if they are going to get behind segwit2x, it must be to make their altcoin stronger. It can't be a coincidence that Roger Ver claims he will list B2X as BTC on his website (bitcoin.com). This is obvious to me, they just want to attack Core at all costs, even if it kills Bitcoin itself, and they want to profit with their BCash experiment in the process.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:55:34 PM

after a successful fork then bitcoin cash price and this stupid adventure will be end.
Bitcoin cash is not a solution for bitcoin community.

You are right, BCH cash and now Bitcoin Gold are not there to compete with the original bitcoins. You can see, we cant see any growth for bitcoin cash for the last few months . I think only original Bitcoin will be the main digital currency as it is now and it will stay forever.
candy27

Activity: 104
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:48:40 PM

It's getting very hard to keep up, there are so many forks! We're going to end up with four chains.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: