Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:03:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold Electrum support  (Read 19108 times)
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:56:27 AM

Hey guys! Will Electrum wallet support Bitcoin GOLD? If so how it works? If not, where should I locate my funds to receive Bitcoin GOLD and keep them safe? Thanks for any help.

WE still have to wait for more info about this matter. As of now just wait and be patient if someone will make an export software for bitcoin gold.

Yeah lets wait for any announcements on how we can be safe. But as the last fork its safer not to move bitcoin till that day. It is best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kevinnmr

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:31:20 AM

A newbie question. I've kept my bitcoin in my electrum wallet. If i use my bitcoins now/ withdraw it will I still get bitcoin gold?
trgnn

Merit: 103

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:04:49 PM

Does anyone have a step by step to get btc gold from electrum wallet ?

Thanks.

garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 02:06:34 PM

Without BTG replay protection, it's not safe to import your keys even if you've moved your coins after the snapshot

CristiTCM

Activity: 141
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:28:42 PM

I'm so eager to get my btg coins from electrum, but guess i have to wait for replay protection then
zu1980

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:40:48 PM

Hello. If I send my bitcoin from Electrum wallet, Will I still have bitcoin gold in the wallet ? Is it safe? I really need to know! Thank you !
zu1980

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:47:38 PM

I need  to send Bitcoin from Electrum wallet If I don't loos Bitcoin Gold at the same time. Is it possible to loose BTG after sending BTC from Electrum wallet?
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 07:18:25 PM

I need  to send Bitcoin from Electrum wallet If I don't loos Bitcoin Gold at the same time. Is it possible to loose BTG after sending BTC from Electrum wallet?
No, the snapshot has been made. Feel free to move your BTCs

Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 08:26:06 PM

I need  to send Bitcoin from Electrum wallet If I don't loos Bitcoin Gold at the same time. Is it possible to loose BTG after sending BTC from Electrum wallet?
No, Bitcoin Gold has a replay protection. That means the broadcasted transaction from the current chain cannot rely on the other chain, in other words, not accepted by the other chain.
However, at the next fork, there might be a risk of replay, because it is unknown whether they implemented a replay protection.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
ranman09

Merit: 112

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:31:23 PM

I need  to send Bitcoin from Electrum wallet If I don't loos Bitcoin Gold at the same time. Is it possible to loose BTG after sending BTC from Electrum wallet?
No, Bitcoin Gold has a replay protection. That means the broadcasted transaction from the current chain cannot rely on the other chain, in other words, not accepted by the other chain.
However, at the next fork, there might be a risk of replay, because it is unknown whether they implemented a replay protection.

Hi how is it unknown? Is it like the other fork will not be able to detect?
greenjoyce

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:19:34 AM

I'd like to confirm something.

Say you have your Bitcoin stored in your Electrum Wallet, and you want to move/spend this Bitcoin prior to obtaining your BitCoin Gold; do you need to record the keys in order that you can later obtain your Bitcoin Gold? Or is there anything else you must do? I wish to move/spend my Bitcoin, but I don't want to lose the Bitcoin Gold allocation if I can avoid it.

Much appreciated!
nemesis88

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:13:52 AM

Hello. If I send my bitcoin from Electrum wallet, Will I still have bitcoin gold in the wallet ? Is it safe? I really need to know! Thank you !

Hey Zu,

in the first place, your private key need to had the btc just before the fork. When the fork happened, it just split the number of btc of all wallets. So, if you had btc on your electrum wallet when the fork happened, it would be good to remove all btc from this wallet before claim it in electrum (when it offers support to btg), due the replay protection and other stuff.

Does it helps?
nemesis88

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:26:37 AM

I'd like to confirm something.

Say you have your Bitcoin stored in your Electrum Wallet, and you want to move/spend this Bitcoin prior to obtaining your BitCoin Gold; do you need to record the keys in order that you can later obtain your Bitcoin Gold? Or is there anything else you must do? I wish to move/spend my Bitcoin, but I don't want to lose the Bitcoin Gold allocation if I can avoid it.

Much appreciated!

Hey Green!

When the fork happened, it divide the amount of all btc present in the private keys.
To claim you btg wallet, you will need the same private key which where the btc in the fork time. That's why it is a good suggestion to remove all btc from the wallet before claim the btg.

Got it?

Smiley
mrdenis

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 06:33:37 AM

https://www.claimbitcoin.gold/

Is this site legit?

❍ E M M A R E S  ❍              Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   TWITTER  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 11:49:46 AM

Fuck no. Don't do it they'll steal your bitcoins.

mrdenis

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 12:33:45 PM

Fuck no. Don't do it they'll steal your bitcoins.

Thought so, tnx for confirmation  Smiley

❍ E M M A R E S  ❍              Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   TWITTER  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
dqx43

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:10:36 PM

I hold all my BTC on bittrex, hope I will get my BTG soon  Grin
tedmosby123

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:22:24 AM

Hi there,
I'm quite new to Bitcoin and have them still on Kraken.
As far as I understood now, in order to get BTG I have to store them into a wallet.
Now my question, would it have been necessary that they were already in a wallet on 25th of October to have the correct private key (not sure if what I just said is crap Grin)? Are there any timelines by which I need to move my bitcoins to a wallet (if not to late already) and for opening the BTG wallet?
Thanks for your help!
Cheers
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 03:10:00 PM

Hi there,
I'm quite new to Bitcoin and have them still on Kraken.
As far as I understood now, in order to get BTG I have to store them into a wallet.
Now my question, would it have been necessary that they were already in a wallet on 25th of October to have the correct private key (not sure if what I just said is crap Grin)? Are there any timelines by which I need to move my bitcoins to a wallet (if not to late already) and for opening the BTG wallet?
Thanks for your help!
Cheers

Yes, the snapshot was taken on 24th (it was supposed to be 25th) so it's too late to do anything about it now.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:31:09 PM

Has anyone seen a comprehensive guide to splitting bitcoin into bitcoin gold? My coins were all in my electrum wallet during the split, but I still have no idea how to access the bitcoin gold.

I'm on the same. So far was able to sell only the coins received by bitfinex.
You just need to wait and watch new announcements for wallets which claimed to support it (Coinomi, freewallet, guarda). 

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: