Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:22:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gmx unsafe. Change your email guys  (Read 298 times)
SuperPandaBear (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:15:20 PM

I see a lot of people getting hacked lately. Are you all using gmx email provider by any chance? I have lost 3 gmx emails, luckily they were not used for anything of value, but if I used them in here, I could have lossed my account!!

I recommend that you use an email provider with inbuilt encryption that will not expire, like protonmail. I think protonmail doesn't expire, so try it out, and has nice encryption.

gmail is safe also at least from a non-expirating pov.

remember that satoshi got hacked because most likely his gmx account expired!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kenzo tamasaki

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:28:28 PM

I can confirm.

I have 3 Sr Member accounts in this forum. I tried to access the gmx accounts, and all of them didn't work. All expired I guess.

Changed all of them to protonmail. Gmail also good because it doesnt allow login from different IP address than yours.
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:30:17 PM

What exactly is gmx?
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:44:55 PM

What exactly is gmx?
https://www.gmx.com/ A mail providing service

I can confirm.

I have 3 Sr Member accounts in this forum. I tried to access the gmx accounts, and all of them didn't work. All expired I guess.

Why did you start a newbie account again ?Account farming much ? Quoted for reference.

I see a lot of people getting hacked lately. Are you all using gmx email provider by any chance? I have lost 3 gmx emails, luckily they were not used for anything of value, but if I used them in here, I could have lossed my account!!

I recommend that you use an email provider with inbuilt encryption that will not expire, like protonmail. I think protonmail doesn't expire, so try it out, and has nice encryption.

gmail is safe also at least from a non-expirating pov.

remember that satoshi got hacked because most likely his gmx account expired!!
GMX data-breach ? I have never used the service and cannot comment on the authenticity of the company.But how does one get hacked if the account's email is private ? Were all your accounts GMX emails were public ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: