Question: What chain would you support?
Original BTC - 14 (58.3%)
2x - 4 (16.7%)
Bitcoin Gold - 1 (4.2%)
Won't matter - 5 (20.8%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming Bitcoin Hard Fork  (Read 861 times)
Ctstrphy (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:16:39 PM

As per the question I would love to know how this community thinks about the upcoming hard fork(again). I am having a lot of doubts on how this goes. It seems that miners, devs or whoever push these types of things and resulting to lesser trust and some people are just happy with the free cash. I would love to hear your insights on what would happen to the price, development, etc. Thanks and have a great day.
Heye

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:27:26 PM

From what I heard btc gold sounds kind of shady to me(pre-mine, lack of information).
If it works and it is worth a significant amount of money then I'm afraid people will start doing hard forks for no reason and that the btc community will just support them and put pressure on exchanges to accept these new coins.

zhukovt34

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:37:44 PM

BTG around $250
BTC around $5500 before and 4400 after HF

SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:51:55 PM

From what I heard btc gold sounds kind of shady to me(pre-mine, lack of information).
If it works and it is worth a significant amount of money then I'm afraid people will start doing hard forks for no reason and that the btc community will just support them and put pressure on exchanges to accept these new coins.

I agree with you. Really it's a matter of concern. Yes, it is possible that people will start doing hardforks without any reason for accepting their new coin. And I think that will not good for Bitcoin.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:52:10 PM

I agree with you. Really it's a matter of concern. Yes, it is possible that people will start doing hardforks without any reason for accepting their new coin. And I think that will not good for Bitcoin.
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:57:03 PM

keep your bitcoin on your wallet then read some new abount bitcoin fork so we know what we will do if the hard fork is coming
EugeneAS

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:59:50 PM

I think hard forks are inevitable and are generally not really bad for the system.
Think of it as about religions — most of them are forks, eventually
jonval21

Activity: 588
Merit: 111

I love the Cryptocurrency world

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:07:58 PM

I dont know about btc gold fork,some people want to make money with bitcoin forks we mustbe carefull,bitcoincash was good at the moment because we didnt know so much about segwit but another forks without real reasons is very strange.
de_crypt

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:09:19 PM

pre-mined hardfork? sounds funny.
hard forks cant be done for no reason, because someone has to mine the currency afterwards.
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:18:53 PM

I always thought that I would just stick with Bitcoin. I'm thinking of buying some and just stick to Holding very strong, that might get us through $6000 then.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:22:15 PM

The recent bullish run of bitcoin is caused by the offer of free bitcoin gold. Many are just buying up bitcoins and holding it till after the fork in expectance of free bitcoin gold coins.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:47:08 PM

I am gonna support the longest chain as will all major serious businesses. Every other chain will be Monopoly tokens for playing around with.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:48:30 PM

What is the general consensus about the price after the hardfork (Bitcoin gold or the more serious 2x fork)? I usually buy small amounts every few weeks - are people expecting big dips in price after these forks, and should I wait for these dips to buy, or is it better to buy sooner to get the freecoins that come with the forks?
CryptoMDS

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:50:35 PM

What is the general consensus about the price after the hardfork (Bitcoin gold or the more serious 2x fork)? I usually buy small amounts every few weeks - are people expecting big dips in price after these forks, and should I wait for these dips to buy, or is it better to buy sooner to get the freecoins that come with the forks?

It will for sure have a big dip.
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 07:53:13 PM

It will for sure have a big dip.

I expected that in August, but BTC carried on regardless - maybe it'll be the same this time.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:55:44 PM

I’m not gonna turn around and support new created coin in every fork. I agree even BitcoinG is a little “No, no” for me. Time and effort to discredit bitcoin nowadays won’t help the community to prosper but to suffer to they’re own gain. And that is why I have much lesser support on this forking.

Let the Original Bitcoin users stay for what has been a norm for now and I don’t even bother for it. Let’s collect and dumped. Bitcoin will not be affected but totally bullish again(rapid increases)  as what happened last August fork of BitcoinCash.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:59:06 PM

As per the question I would love to know how this community thinks about the upcoming hard fork(again). I am having a lot of doubts on how this goes. It seems that miners, devs or whoever push these types of things and resulting to lesser trust and some people are just happy with the free cash. I would love to hear your insights on what would happen to the price, development, etc. Thanks and have a great day.

There is no doubt about the resolve of the community to have full believe in the core bitcoin. For me, its bitcoin core all the way, this is a coin that have stand the test of time, with several challenges that a lot of people have even predicted its death yet it survives, Chinese government came with several attempts whether true or false, it survives. I would rather put my trust in that than a another coin that is riding on the popularity of that coin. That didn't even go through the process of becoming accepted in the community.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1289

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:09:11 PM

This is how I think it will go, hard fork will happen with
A lot of bitcoin gold created and which will be absorbed
Into bitcoin and other alts.

I'm not sure gold will reach the heights of cash and bitcoin
might have a little wobble but it will be all good.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
arranka

Activity: 105
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:11:51 PM

bitcoin gold is a scam
it was pre-mined

also has no ripley as bitcoin cash

this means that there will be double operations
duplicate bitcoin and biticongold

rookies will lose their bitcoin

alert to all, bitcoin gold is a fraud, they will lose their bitcoin

rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:47:57 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 05:27:53 PM by rebel92

I think the main worry on the part of a large number of Bitcoiners is that this will set a precedent moving forward where a bunch of companies can dictate the direction of the protocol, even when devs are saying there's no scientific reason for it. While I personally don't believe most companies backing 2X have malicious intent, if it becomes clear that large companies can sway BTC development, then there may not be anything stopping governments from doing the same. This is a lot of the reason for many people's worry and extreme conservatism when it comes to making changes to the core protocol.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: