Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's hope Bitcoin forks a lot and fast  (Read 378 times)
jrobi4life (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

We will. We will. Block chain. Block chain.

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:51:26 PM

I think those at the head of Bitcoin should be pushing for more forks faster until Bitcoin is unforkable and putting through dynamic ideas for totally transforming Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is decentralized but still needs to be run like a business and right now there are major competitors emerging. All of them copied or majorly bit off of what Bitcoin did and many improved the structure in ways that could not previously be imagined.  With cryptos emerging that already link blockchains I would suggest that at some time in the future Bitcoin vote among the top 10 decentralized private cryptocurrencies who's (open-source) technology to outright copy.  A clone would be created. The exchange rate of both Bitcoin and the donor blockchain currency would be locked at the time cloning begins until the process ends. Then Bitcoin would flow into that clone through a cryptocurrency interface. Perhaps there is a future where Bitcoin is so flexible a clone is not necessary and Bitcoin can simply flow into another block chain. It can then explode it and becomes the major Stakeholder in that crypto.

dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:52:55 PM

The only thing that i want from this fork is seeing the price going up a lot more, that is my only hope with all this mess, i do care about bitcoin safety and how it works, but i think that we all are in here because only one reason, and that reason is the price.
So lets see what happens next, it will probably rise a lot in next days, we will notice soon.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

jrobi4life (OP)

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:04:20 PM

The only thing that i want from this fork is seeing the price going up a lot more, that is my only hope with all this mess, i do care about bitcoin safety and how it works, but i think that we all are in here because only one reason, and that reason is the price.
So lets see what happens next, it will probably rise a lot in next days, we will notice soon.

Everybody wants that. And here's to a lot more forks. I think we're best served embracing it and trying to increase the pace.  In that way Bitcoin can maintain and even win back a lot of it's market share that has been challenged because of size, speed or transaction cost advantages of other cryptos

wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:40:26 AM

That's why they created hard forks that people can invest and use Bitcoin Cash and Gold as an alternative because Bitcoin today is very hard to earn.
Faster transaction is the feature of crypto currency that people wanted this time.

moonchaser_babylove28

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:22:37 AM

I think those at the head of Bitcoin should be pushing for more forks faster until Bitcoin is unforkable and putting through dynamic ideas for totally transforming Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is decentralized but still needs to be run like a business and right now there are major competitors emerging. All of them copied or majorly bit off of what Bitcoin did and many improved the structure in ways that could not previously be imagined.  With cryptos emerging that already link blockchains I would suggest that at some time in the future Bitcoin vote among the top 10 decentralized private cryptocurrencies who's (open-source) technology to outright copy.  A clone would be created. The exchange rate of both Bitcoin and the donor blockchain currency would be locked at the time cloning begins until the process ends. Then Bitcoin would flow into that clone through a cryptocurrency interface. Perhaps there is a future where Bitcoin is so flexible a clone is not necessary and Bitcoin can simply flow into another block chain. It can then explode it and becomes the major Stakeholder in that crypto.

Many of us want that for it might be free airdrop, but altcoins will be part of the growth of bitcoin for it is necessary for the bitcoin to grow. No coin is an island they might say for it to survive it needs  a competitor for it grow the way it needed to be.  Other features might be copied but the altcoins have a massive supporters where funds are also produce. Hopefully the cryptocurrency to grow for all of us would be benefited it continues.
n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:25:41 AM

Bitcoin is forever forkable until it stop being an open source. Or until someone figures out a work around to prohibit a fork in an open source domain, but that's kind of defeating the purpose of being an open source. Well, we still have ways to upgrade without a chain split. But people can't settle with their differences.

I've heard that ADA (cardano) seems to be resistant to hardforks by desgin. So that's something to look forward as an evolving project.  
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:34:25 AM

I think those at the head of Bitcoin should be pushing for more forks

Bitcoin doesn't have any heads. That's kind of the whole point of decentralization. Forks are being decided by some random members of the community.

until Bitcoin is unforkable and putting through dynamic ideas for totally transforming Bitcoin

This will never happen. Bitcoin is open source and no matter how many forks emerge out of it, or it emerges out of, it will continue to be forkable.

Bitcoin vote among the top 10 decentralized private cryptocurrencies who's (open-source) technology to outright copy

The problem with this is there's really no way for the community to vote in a fair manner. No one knows who everyone else is, so identities can't be checked, and if identities can't be checked, then I wish you luck in finding a way to stop people from voting multiple times. I would not be opposed to copying ideas for as long as they fit in the general idea of what Bitcoin is trying to do.

A clone would be created. The exchange rate of both Bitcoin and the donor blockchain currency would be locked at the time cloning begins until the process ends. Then Bitcoin would flow into that clone through a cryptocurrency interface. Perhaps there is a future where Bitcoin is so flexible a clone is not necessary and Bitcoin can simply flow into another block chain

This would be a sound idea if there actually were a way to vote. This problem is why we're in this Segwit2x mess in the first place. With no head, and with the community fighting amongst themselves, it would be very hard to come to a resolution.

nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:35:57 AM

That's why developers are creating hard forks that is more faster transaction than Bitcoin with other features. Hard forks are for the competition for thousands of Altcoins that is existing today.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:42:05 AM

Bitcoin is forever forkable until it stop being an open source. Or until someone figures out a work around to prohibit a fork in an open source domain, but that's kind of defeating the purpose of being an open source. Well, we still have ways to upgrade without a chain split. But people can't settle with their differences.

I've heard that ADA (cardano) seems to be resistant to hardforks by desgin. So that's something to look forward as an evolving project.  

I dont know about ADA but i know IOTA can't be forked. Personally I don't think these forks will always cause excitement in the long run. I don't even know if they are a good thing. Time will tell. But in the meantime let's just enjoy the ride. What I like about what is going on though is that we are figuring out as we go alone how decentralization works.  What works and what doesnt . This is all new to all of us.
asep samsudin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:29:52 AM

The only thing I want from bitcoin forks is I want to see the rise and fall of more prices, it's my only hope with all this mess, and concerned with bitcoin security and how it works, but I think we're all here because one reason, yes that's the reason for the price.
So we see what will happen in the future, it will probably happen much in the next days, we will soon pay attention to it.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 10:36:59 AM

i am not sure what you are trying to suggest with your "clone" idea but in general forks like what we have seen so far (BTG and BCH) are not good as you may think. it is true that we can get free money from them just by holding bitcoin but they create uncertainty in the market, they can even cause harm to bitcoin and bitcoin holders. for example these forks don't have proper programmers and are not properly tested. something like BTG may lead to a lot of funds lost by users and businesses if they make mistakes of trying to claim them.
not to mention forks like BCH harm bitcoin by taking the hashrate away when they pump it or unnaturally reduce the difficulty!

--looking for signature--
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:50:49 PM

Yes yes you want more forks but what's the use no exchange is going to list it only the shit exchanges have listed btg till now. Everyone surely likes the idea of free money but also notice the negative affects it is causing in long run to the whole market
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:29:54 PM

Well, most of the bitcoiners are happy if the price goes up, but surely there are some bitcoiners who care about bitcoin safety and have a clue about how it works. To think it a bit further, if nobody cares about bitcoin safety, and have no idea how it works really, it's possible that you can earn a lot on price increase but later on someone will steal your coins and nobody will understand how it was possible...
quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:04:30 PM

Yes yes you want more forks but what's the use no exchange is going to list it only the shit exchanges have listed btg till now. Everyone surely likes the idea of free money but also notice the negative affects it is causing in long run to the whole market

It is free and smart money if you are in the correct spot and know what will happen before it does. There is a reason most traders lose and it is because they dont have the time or knowledge to pay attention to the markets,

the news, and participants inside of it. If everyone did all those the ratio for winning to losing would be different. For instance getting 1 btcgold may be good and all but if you lost more than that in btc value then it is null &

void point.

allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

It like anything to much of something is a bad thing .Put to many forks out there it will dilute the brand remember america gangster

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:14:54 PM

Forks shouldn't be taken lightly and should really only happen to improve on the existing framework instead of abusing it to increase price.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: