Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:25:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin, PPC and namecoin worth investing?  (Read 1672 times)
ironcross360 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:59:04 PM

Are they worth investing in? do you think that any of them will soon be like bitcoins price?

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:25:28 PM

Nope, they will all die within the next year. Namecoin is interesting, but it isn't a currency really.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:25:11 PM

Are they worth investing in? do you think that any of them will soon be like bitcoins price?

I won't speak for PPC of NMC as I don't know enough about them, but I don't think it would hurt to diversify a bit and have 1%-5% of Cryptocurrency portfolio in LTC, especially if you can buy in ~ 0.022/BTC or less.

It's very much a higher-risk investment, but if/when it gets to MtGox (and assuming this happens before MtGox's volume declines too sharply as it has seemed to) there could potentially be a speculation bubble for it that happens independently of BTC's price.  There's a lot of new speculation money that entered (and is entering) this market following March/April, and psychologically probably wish they had bought BTC when it was only $5.

I also think the specificity and scarcity of ASIC miners stands to affect the SHA/Scrypt relationship in an interesting way that will play out over the next few months - the sharp spike in difficulty coming tomorrow will really make huge waves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: