Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:21:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin predictions that came true  (Read 270 times)
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:27:51 PM

What ones can you think of? I don't mean price stuff, all of them will arrive at some point, I mean use cases and predictions about Bitcoin in general.

One of the most interesting ones is when the first rumblings of forks turned up with Bitcoin XT or whatever it was. It was declared that it would be an altcoin here and elsewhere to much uproar. When it finally did come to life as BCH it was indeed an alt. And now S2X is slowly being declared an alt too by the exchanges themselves.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonHodler

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 03:22:06 AM

predictions regarding companies using cpu to mine bitcoin from users instead of showing them ads online, some are actually doing it now.

Enjoy your life, one day at a time. Bitcoin Address: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:52:17 AM

What ones can you think of? I don't mean price stuff, all of them will arrive at some point, I mean use cases and predictions about Bitcoin in general.

One of the most interesting ones is when the first rumblings of forks turned up with Bitcoin XT or whatever it was. It was declared that it would be an altcoin here and elsewhere to much uproar. When it finally did come to life as BCH it was indeed an alt. And now S2X is slowly being declared an alt too by the exchanges themselves.

Prediction. S2X will not happen. Come back to this post on November. You are welcome.

Some of those companies and mining pools will remove their support on S2X and no nodes will upgrade to S2X software. In short, it will not take off.

Anyone knows that S2X is dangerous because there should be are tests done on it for at least a year to find bugs and find stability.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:53:50 AM

depending on the time of the prediction and the reason for it, it may not have been much of a prediction!
by reason i mean some people emotionally said it is an altcoin without understanding what the hell they are talking about. that is not a prediction.
by time i mean at some point it was perfectly clear that BCH is an altcoin. the support it had from users+miners was clear as rain. that again is not a prediction Roll Eyes

There is a FOMO brewing...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: